Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,317 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Do You Think Oliseh Is A Bad Luck And Scaring Players Away? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do You Think Oliseh Is A Bad Luck And Scaring Players Away? (729 Views)

Now That Sunday Oliseh Is No Longer The Coach Of The Super Eagles / Belated Iheanacho Call Shows Oliseh Is Out Of Touch / Sunday Oliseh Is Bad News For Super Eagles!!!! Insists Vincent Eyeama Must Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Oliseh Is A Bad Luck And Scaring Players Away? by Ebrandt: 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
Super Eagles Head Coach, Sunday Oliseh has expressed shock over the resignation of Nigerian international, Emmanuel Emenkie.
The on-loan Fenerbache player on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 announced his retirement from international football, after a barren spell in front of goal.
Oliseh who reacted to the news, said: ‘’It’s a big surprise and shock to all of us to hear of his resignation.”
While dismissing speculations that the coach might drop the player from the Eagles squad for next month’s World Cup qualifier against Swaziland because he has not scored for the Eagles for two years, Oliseh said: ‘’Eh, Come on! You know me better than that. There is no water to that story and it did not emanate from me. I’ve not spoken to anybody(Journalist) concerning the team. I was surprised when I read the story attributed to me. Immediately, I called him but he did not pick his call and the Team’s scribe Dayo Enebi Acho also called him without success.”
“I’m shocked and surprised. We had no issues and he had played four times since I took over the team. He’s a great player”, Oliseh added.
In your own opinion, do you think he's got the capability to handle and keep these guys?
WHO WOULD BE THE NEXT?

http://naijaexclusive.net/2015/10/read-coach-olisehs-reaction-to-emenikes-exit-from-super-eagles/

Re: Do You Think Oliseh Is A Bad Luck And Scaring Players Away? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 21, 2015
I think emenike is not mentally tough enough. He's the same player who left the pitch and asked to be substituted cos his fans booed him. His coach had to order him to get back into the pitch. The same reason he's quitting the national team. Well, he should enjoy his retirement. We have a certain Gbolahan Salami.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Oliseh Is A Bad Luck And Scaring Players Away? by Ebrandt: 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
vfactor:
I think emenike is not mentally tough enough. He's the same player who left the pitch and asked to be substituted cos his fans booed him. His coach had to order him to get back into the pitch. The same reason he's quitting the national team.
Well, he should enjoy his retirement. We have a certain Gbolahan Salami.
Thank you for your opinion.
I think I would agree with you on this premise. I think there is some pinch of arrogance in him as well. If at all he would quit, make it official, inform your coach and find good reports to back it not the useless one he posted on instagram.
but sir, do you think Oliseh is getting it right (if at all he's been), do you think he would get the necessary grip on this so-called "big boys"?
Re: Do You Think Oliseh Is A Bad Luck And Scaring Players Away? by Goandie: 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
I support oliseh anyday anytym bcoz Be4 him there was super eagles nd as he as left there is still super eagles.
We need fresh, young nd committed players that will always be proud 2 wear nigeria jersey not player that hav no interest of d team @ heart.
Pple should giv oliseh tym, he will make super eagles a good team with all of our support nd if we must criticize him, it must be a positive one not critizing him blindly

My own 1/2kobo

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Oliseh Is A Bad Luck And Scaring Players Away? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
Ebrandt:

Thank you for your opinion.
I think I would agree with you on this premise. I think there is some pinch of arrogance in him as well. If at all he would quit, make it official, inform your coach and find good reports to back it not the useless one he posted on instagram.
but sir, do you think Oliseh is getting it right (if at all he's been), do you think he would get the necessary grip on this so-called "big boys"?

I think it has to do with respect, and respect most times comes with achievement. Quite rarely, it comes with personality. In Oliseh's case, he's not achieve anything as a coach yet, so it'll be hard getting the respect of the big boys with that. But with the right attitude and personality, he can. If he can treat the big boys as colleagues and teammates, while being firm at it, he can earn their respect. He will also need to explain his game tactics to them, giving them reasons as to why he needs them to do what he wants. Also he need to keep getting results. This is good for team confidence and the boys will respect him more with each good result. Its not easy, but it's possible.

Mikel has started playing his best games already, under Oliseh.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Oliseh Is A Bad Luck And Scaring Players Away? by Ebrandt: 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
vfactor:

I think it has to do with respect, and respect most times comes with achievement. Quite rarely, it comes with personality. In Oliseh's case, he's not achieve anything as a coach yet, so it'll be hard getting the respect of the big boys with that. But with the right attitude and personality, he can. If he can treat the big boys as colleagues and teammates, while being firm at it, he can earn their respect. He will also need to explain his game tactics to them, giving them reasons as to why he needs them to do what he wants. Also he need to keep getting results. This is good for team confidence and the boys will respect him more with each good result. Its not easy, but it's possible.

Mikel has started playing his best games already, under Oliseh.
That's affirmative. Good one!

(1) (Reply)

Ultimate Soccer Tips / Chelsea FC Transfer Report: Roman Abramovich Meets Lionel Messi's Father. / (pics) Striking Similarities Between Arsene Wenger & Bubu On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.