Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained! (424 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained! by Liftkid(m): 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
Its all about how I invented a popular Facebook group . I wrote in me in my Facebook group.
The Young inventor of Heart To Heart group, Tochi Ohiaagu Had wished, dreamt, anticipated and attempted to start a website like Nairaland, Jobberman, goal and blog like Linda Ikeja blog but couldn't because he was unable to acquire Pc. hence, he switched to inventing a Facebook group and page to grow audience since it was the only idea that required no capital and system.You know the journey of a thousand miles begin with just a step.
It all commenced one afternoon in the month of July 2014 when many guys were busy haunting for a girl to woo, when many girls were busy chatting with their boyfriends, when lovers were busy having fun. Tochi Ohiaagu was busy surfing and Google searching how to create and develope a Facebook page and group. ultimately, he got it and created only group the same month,But I abandoned it because i was unable to convince people to join me. Even the few i added left the group. The most annoying was that some warned me never to add them in the group again. I became frustrated and focused on Love forum group ‪thus abandonin mine ( Heart 2 heart). I was loyal, law abiding, friendly, and posted restlessly to ensure the group loveforum was fun but got pissed when one of the group's Admins, a Lady i wouldn't like her name mentioned conspired against me and gave the program i invented to her besty. This encouraged me to leave the group and go back to my own group.
I started posting in my group in September the same year with the assistance of ‪Kcee Caleb‬, Madam‪ Ifeoma Igbo who‬ commented, and participated enthusiastically in those early days. The Likes of Precious Oluwaseyi, M.d, Rosella and few others pitched in to make the group lively. In 6 months or so the group had about 500 members but the growth potential didn’t satisfy me. I had to open different female accounts, collect the pins of my female cousins just to ensure I like every posts in the group and to attract the male folks. It attracted few members, likes and comments but i wasn't satisfied. I began posting stories and persuading readers to invite friends if they want me to continue and they obeyed. After few months I got about 5000 members. I was the only admin then.
I faced several challenges, like Troublemakers, Some people refused to follow the rules of the group and caused fights. After recording 5000 members, scammers and organisations agents invaded the group and spamming became the other of the day. I had to make, Nick Abraham, Jessica, precious Jennifer , precious oluwa and ebival the moderators to help curb spammin because they were most active members.
We got struck in 5000 members like one going to ikeja on Monday morning. I had to organise a contest with my last savings and also pledged to reward every member that added 100 friends to the group with 200 recharge card which i fulfilled. We did the contest and it was a success.‪ Ebival chidi and‪ Okafor Bliz became the first king and queen of the group.

Later on ‪#‎ Nanis_Igwe‬ the most celebrated member of the group powered a contest for his birthday
which also attracted members.

To cut the lofty story short, I sacrificed all I got for the group, [money, time and energy] now they have made me proud and am reaping the fruit of my labour.
The group have earned me respect, fiancee, love and money.
The type of Love they showed me during Okpala Anambra Contest i won't forget even when am Laid in my state (late). With their help I won 5000 naira without stress.
as if that wasn't enough one of the philanthropist in the Group asked for me preffered network and credited me instantly. i was still thanking him when he added another ontop. If to say Joy dey kill i would have been death oo!
I'm thankful Heart 2 heart!

Moral Lesson: You have to put yourself out there to achieve your personal goals which means taking a risk. You must sometimes take that risk to gain what you want. therefore Nothing risked Nothing gained

(1) (Reply)

The Visit / Mandy's Law Episode 21 / Of Dreams And Colours - Episode 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.