Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

An Indelible Mark...(a Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Indelible Mark...(a Short Story) (567 Views)

Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / It Pays To Be Honest(a Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Indelible Mark...(a Short Story) by obajiluke: 11:51am On Oct 22, 2015
This is my first story on nairaland, so all your constructive criticisms are welcomed but your encouraging comments will keep me going...thank you all as you take your seat.

DEDICATION
I dedicate this piece to those abducted Chibok Girls(escapees,still alive and dead).
Re: An Indelible Mark...(a Short Story) by obajiluke: 11:54am On Oct 22, 2015
I had not believed it at first when I heard my love was back. I had to rush down to Ayiba's house.
As I entered Ayiba's compound, Ayiba's mother was sitting on a stool in front of their hut. Although she had her eyes on me,she did not feel my presence. Poor widow.
She was lost in her own thoughts. I had to add waving to my greetings to bring her back to reality.
"she is inside. We just returned from doctor Bello's clinic" She said. Ayiba was her only child.
Ayiba was sitting on a mat and resting her back on the wall,sobbing noiselessly when I walked in. She hurriedly tried to wipe her tears with her palms. It had been almost a year since I saw the love of my life. I wanted to grab and hug her but she started wailing uncontrollably. I had no option other than to sit beside her to console her.
"My precious Ayiba, it's over now, thank Allah you escaped".
She just stared at me and opened her mouth to utter some words but her emotions overwhelmed her. Her mouth moved but words were not produced. I understood exactly what she wanted to say. Our love was so strong that we read our hearts. She wanted to utter she missed me. She continued crying. Finally words came out from her mouth.
"Umar, doctor Bello said I'm eleven weeks pregnant..." she hesitated before adding "...and also HIV positive!"
Her words evoked goose pimples all over my body which sent a cold shiver to my spine forcing tears out of my eyes! I wept. I held her close to myself and she buried her face on my shoulder. My heart was bitter. Those monsters had inflicted my love with an indelible mark.

...to be continued.

1 Like

Re: An Indelible Mark...(a Short Story) by aricon(m): 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
I re-registered just to be the first to comment...

nice one bro,please ride on but make the next updates longer.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Penastory: Twenty – Episode 2 / Trials Of Elisha / I Saw The Saviour Coming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.