Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

JAMB 2016/2017 Helping Tips On Your Admission And Choice Of Course And School. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB 2016/2017 Helping Tips On Your Admission And Choice Of Course And School. (1183 Views)

How to check your admission before your school post it... / JAMB 2016/2017 Admission Posting For Direct Entry Students / Jamb 2016 Utme Questions And Answers Now Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JAMB 2016/2017 Helping Tips On Your Admission And Choice Of Course And School. by Rapsodee(m): 10:24pm On Oct 22, 2015
JAMB UTME 2016/2017
HELPING TIPS ON YOUR ADMISSION AND CHOICE OF COURSES AND INSTITUTIONS.

Choosing your intended course of study and higher institution has to be done meticulously,why am i saying this?,it can deny someone admission even when you score well above average. Now all universities have their own different methods that they use to admit students like Obafemi Awolowo University(OAU),they aggregate both the Jamb and the Post jamb score (that is,addition of both divided by 2) to give your real score to be used,so in that case you need not play with any of the exams,talking of University of Ibadan,since about three years ago,a minimum score of 200 in Jamb will qualify you for their post utme in which your score in it will determine your admission fate.Below are the tips to help you get admitted this year.

1.KNOW THE SCHOOL YOU ARE CHOOSING.
When i say know the school you are choosing i mean understand their admission procedure,check out the last cut off for your aspiring course,how they set their post utme questions you may be thinking its too early to be talking about Post utme but you are making a choice at the moment unless you want to later purchase a JAMB Change of Course/Institution(COC) card to choose another Institution.

2.GET THE JAMB PAST QUESTIONS
Don't forget the power of hindsight,getting and solving the past questions yourself and marking it will help you know how prepared you are and which topics to get to study more,during my own time,i usually write down all the topics of the questions that were strange to me so as tackle each singly.So get the past questions.

3.ATTEND A JAMB TUTORIAL
Two heads are better than one,you can't underestimate how useful this tutorial will speed up your learning and assimilation rate,apart from that you will meet other aspirants that would be of help in one way or the other,therefore find a nearby JAMB tutorial lesson.

4.STUDY,STUDY AND STUDY
Read,Read and Read means be dilligent and consistent with your studies,know the best time you can accumulate faster whether in the morning or night or afternoon and also dont forget your most effective reading method whether by writing it down or talking it out.Read daily no matter for how short or long you used.

5.USE GOOGLE TO SEARCH TOPICS
Majority of students think they can only learn from their school notes which is wrong,when you search google for topics not clear to you,you even understand it more than the one in your notes,in fact you can also youtube.com to get videos on the topics you want and most people even learn most effectively when they see it with their eyes.

5.DON'T FORGET PRAYER
Pray like you have not read and read like you have not prayed.When his grace is upon you,you assimilate more speedily and you will receive understanding of the hard topics.

6.DON'T GIVE FALSE HOPE
What i mean by this is that after your JAMB result is released and you notice that your score is quite far away from the last cut off,i will advice you to obtain the JAMB Change Of Course card and change for yourself to another course within the range of your JAMB score so as not to get a course you won't like at all.

7.DON'T ASSUME YOU WILL BE GIVEN JUST ANY OTHER COURSE
If you know anyone that would help you if by chance you didnt meet cut off or you are close to it,go for the person and not just sit down at home and be expecting them to give you a course,most universities don't do such anymore.

Wish you best of luck as you prepare.
SOURCE:http://naijamotive..com.ng/2015/10/jamb-utme-20162017-helping-tips-on-your.html
Don't forget to always Visit www.naijamotive..com for more JAMB tips and news as you approach the day of exam.

(1) (Reply)

Cadbury Nigeria Student Internship 2016 / 2016 Jambites, How Was Ur Exam? / NUC Approves Edo University :o, Iyamho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.