Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Wife problem - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife problem (890 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife problem by simi29: 3:50am On May 04, 2009
Please , what should l/we do.

My mother-in-law has being disturbing us about child and this complain is killing me slowly. I can't even think straight anymore and l'm confused cry. Should l just ignore her or tell her that l'm okay (we've told her severe times that God's time is the time, but she never listen). There was a time she said she's counting it for me.Please, what should l do? I know God will surely perfect everything concerning my family. I just wish people should be more understanding
Re: Wife problem by FLGators1: 4:05am On May 04, 2009
Yea, it can be very hard and painful.

You believe in God now, so continue to trust in his timing. Things happen for a reason/reasons: If he says you shan't have a child, worry not. If he says you shall have children, then you will.

You already told your Mother-In-Law to "butt out", noting else is going to change her mind. You can't blame her too na.
Just work with your husband to talk to his mother. Just don't become disrespective to her wink
Re: Wife problem by invisible2(m): 10:32am On May 04, 2009
Its not the mother in law's concern, marriage is for 2 only.
Re: Wife problem by Outstrip(f): 2:35am On May 05, 2009
This is the sort of thing that annoys me. Why are you telling her that God's time is the best? Who does not know that? When someone begins to do things to you and you start to use phrases like "it is slowly killing me" then it is time to stop being diplomatic. Let her son tell her that that s the last time that she is allowed to ask for children. The stress alone will even prevent you from getting pregnant. Honestly they need to raise retirement age to 101 yrs because this old people are too jobless
Re: Wife problem by SeanT21(f): 3:48am On May 05, 2009
Outstrip:

This is the sort of thing that annoys me. Why are you telling her that God's time is the best? Who does not know that? When someone begins to do things to you and you start to use phrases like "it is slowly killing me" then it is time to stop being diplomatic. Let her son tell her that that s the last time that she is allowed to ask for children. The stress alone will even prevent you from getting pregnant. Honestly they need to raise retirement age to 101 yrs because this old people are too jobless

LMAO!!
Re: Wife problem by ifyalways(f): 4:52am On May 05, 2009
How old is your marriage?
Are u having problems or u are just not yet ready for it?
what is ur hubby doing abt his mothers rantings?
Talk with ur hubby and let him know how u feel and more importantly,for the sake of ur health,Ignore your MIL.
all da best !
Re: Wife problem by TOYOSI20(f): 5:14am On May 05, 2009
Nne, as always i agree wid u totally!

@ Poster

I absolutely sympathize wid yourself and your husband at this time, how is your husband reacting to the present situation,

being that it’s his mother that’s giving u folks the added unnecessary pressure.  ,  . . .??

Cos the burden lies between both of you. It’ll help if he has a heart to heart talk wid his mother. . . .in regards to her giving both of you time to

actually deal with this problem, and essentially look toward a solution, . . . .

and we mustn’t also forget it is Almighty God that is the Giver of the fruit of the womb, . . . . smiley

Be patient, be hopeful, seems like a rough phase, but with time, and faith it’ll pass!!

It is well!! wink
Re: Wife problem by Sissy3(f): 5:40am On May 05, 2009
Outstrip:

this very true.

have both of you gone to test to make sure everything is right?

i sure do knw what you r going through, some m.i.l's can be a pain in the ass esp. when it comes to grand kids.

is your husband even talking? he needs to set the limit as how far his mom can go w/ the insults. it is not in any body's power to give kids.

and please, as hard as this might be for you, please try not to overstress cause it will definitely affect your chances of getting pregnant.
Re: Wife problem by simi29: 4:02am On May 06, 2009
I thank you all, may Almighty God answer your prayers as well.

@ifyalways , No, we don't have any problem. We've been to the doctor and everything is alright according to him. Like my grandpa said, akoko olorun ni o ti to. Our marriage will be 3years in Dec .

@Sissy,
Thank you, l'm doing everything in my power to stay positive and stress-free. I'm taking Yoga class sef.
Re: Wife problem by Sissy3(f): 4:10am On May 06, 2009
simi29:

@Sissy,
Thank you, l'm doing everything in my power to stay positive and stress-free. I'm taking Yoga class sef.

sis glad to hear that. keep it up.

3yrs is still too early to start getting all fussed up about grandkids now . . . there is still hope my dear. remain positive and it shall all come to pass
Re: Wife problem by ifyalways(f): 8:31am On May 06, 2009
@Simi,just 3 years? shocked
abeg,pretend the woman is not existing and concentrate on enjoying your marriage jare.It wud come at the right time.all da best.

(1) (Reply)

Dilemna Of Being An Only Son / Need Your Candid Advice ! /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.