Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,612 members, 7,820,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Who Is The Best? A Common Theme Around Here, But Why? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Best? A Common Theme Around Here, But Why? (626 Views)

Gulder Ultimate Search(gus) Theme Song / Ew! Video : Ovation Red Carol Theme Song 2011 – Yemi Alade, Ice Prince Zamani, / Fresh Asa Single -the Guaranty Trust Bank Theme Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Best? A Common Theme Around Here, But Why? by ElRazur: 10:43am On May 04, 2009
Who is the best? Pac or Big. Nas or Jay z. Who is better Rugged or Mode? We have seen these sort of questions over time around here and quite frankly, I think we may all be wrong as to who really is the best.

As I lay here - thank god it is bank holiday - listening to some of my collection it allows me time to reflect and write this piece. Personally, I feel it is hard for anyone to be the best. Each artist have unique sets of strengths and their mass appeal, but to label any artist as the best, is just a bit silly.

I love Tupac Shakur and when he died, I cried - something I never did when my own dad died - However, no matter how passionate I feel about his rap, I feel reluctant to label him as "The best ever". The reason is the diversity of HipHop and the rap game itself. When I listen to all my favourite artist, I actually find that the reason I am listening to them is due to the fact that they offer something else the other favourite artist aint offering.

Biggie had the flow thing going on, Tupac had the lyrical power, delivery and a matching charisma. If am going to be honest, it would be silly to rate one of them as the best due to those reasons.

Mode have his strengths, so is Rugged man. To dismiss the strengths of these artist and label M.I as the best thing since slice bread is just silly.

The point I am making is that, no one is the best. For someone to be the best, then it means I am not listening to no other artist and hence have a limited understanding of music. No one can ever be the best ever, hence let us enjoy music for what it is without the constant need for comparing people.

Meh Just my two cents. smiley
Re: Who Is The Best? A Common Theme Around Here, But Why? by lario(m): 1:28pm On May 04, 2009
you'vegot a point there, every raper is unique but we have a rigth to lebel our favourites as the best. that's what gives us the pride to talk, brag, boast and what not when we argue. besides lot of artist have similar qualities and techniques based on that we can jugde, its only by that means can we identify our heroes

for me its biggie, nas, jay-z,jadakiss,shyne,, i go for lyrics delivery and poetical creativity
Re: Who Is The Best? A Common Theme Around Here, But Why? by ElRazur: 1:40pm On May 04, 2009
lario:

you'vegot a point there, every raper is unique but we have a rigth to lebel our favourites as the best. that's what gives us the pride to talk, brag, boast and what not when we argue. besides lot of artist have similar qualities and techniques based on that we can jugde, its only by that means can we identify our heroes

for me its biggie, nas, jay-z,jadakiss,shyne,, i go for lyrics delivery and poetical creativity

Glad you see what I am trying to say. smiley

Well we have a right to do many things. However it is not always so at times. My favourite car is a Lamborghini Mucielargo but, it do not mean it is the best sports car ever made. What is your favourite, do not mean it is the best. Further more, what is best to you, do not mean it is best to another person. it is highly subjective.

I just find these whole "who is best" debates tiring. It normally ends with no one agreeing, with no conclusive evidence. Instead, what we see are cheap shots, insults and people appearing to be putting their taste and will on others.

(1) (Reply)

Are U A Female? Do U think U Gat Great Voice?: / 15k A Track @ New Improved Phat Wall Studios / It's Comin': Pajuji: Is: Comin':

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.