Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Help!!!what Should I Do - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help!!!what Should I Do (1427 Views)

Help! What Position Can An Architect Apply For In The Central Bank Of Nigeria / Plz Help, What Is Wrong With My CV?? / Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!what Should I Do by Nicogen4us(f): 11:27am On Oct 24, 2015
my heart bleeding,am facing a prob too heavy 4 me.am a graduate of S.L.T.(Microbiology Option) with 3.25GPA 4rm The Polytechnic Ibadan since 2009 av not got any job and av try so hard as a woman to provide 4 my family but things not working well because my hubby lost his job since 2010 and he has not got any1 since. i try 2 engage in agroallied but with just little money coming in the family needs always comes often since am with a kid and age is not helping things at all.am even thinking of killing myself since about some wks ago because i always ask myself dat: is it sin?,is it a course? Is it dat am not briliant(which i knw is not true because of various evidence i av)?,is it hereditry(because none of my siblings able to secure any job since their university graduation despite their good grades). Pls fellow NL help.
Re: Help!!!what Should I Do by vivalavida(m): 11:46am On Oct 24, 2015
Nicogen4us:
my heart bleeding,am facing a prob too heavy 4 me.am a graduate of S.L.T.(Microbiology Option) with 3.25GPA 4rm The Polytechnic Ibadan since 2009 av not got any job and av try so hard as a woman to provide 4 my family but things not working well because my hubby lost his job since 2010 and he has not got any1 since. i try 2 engage in agroallied but with just little money coming in the family needs always comes often since am with a kid and age is not helping things at all.am even thinking of killing myself since about some wks ago because i always ask myself dat: is it sin?,is it a course? Is it dat am not briliant(which i knw is not true because of various evidence i av)?,is it hereditry(because none of my siblings able to secure any job since their university graduation despite their good grades). Pls fellow NL help.

This one is strong.

Your husband is a man and cannot afford to be idle since 2010. What skill has he learnt since that time? Everything must not revolve around his certificate. He should climb down from his high horse and soil his hands in other to fend for his family. Even you the lady should have learnt a skill. Bead making,hair dressing,catering and other little skills that can put food on the table. So forget about that your certificate and find something else to do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!!what Should I Do by Nicogen4us(f): 12:04pm On Oct 24, 2015
vivalavida:

This one is strong.

Your husband is a man and cannot afford to be idle since 2010. What skill has he learnt since that time? Everything must not revolve around his certificate. He should climb down from his high horse and soil his hands in other to fend for his family. Even you the lady should have learnt a skill. Bead making,hair dressing,catering and other little skills that can put food on the table. So forget about that your certificate and find something else to do.
thanks we did we av learnt agro allied as a skill even from an institution and we gather some money to start but it doe nt work since its not enough. We knw these skills even teaching people.
Re: Help!!!what Should I Do by vivalavida(m): 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
Nicogen4us:
thanks we did we av learnt agro allied as a skill even from an institution and we gather some money to start but it doe nt work since its not enough. We knw these skills even teaching people.

SLT should be science laboratory technician meaning you can work in a medical laboratory facility. Have you tried the private labs around you?
Re: Help!!!what Should I Do by Nicogen4us(f): 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
vivalavida:

SLT should be science laboratory technician meaning you can work in a medical laboratory facility. Have you tried the private labs around you?

yes it is sci. lab. but most labs discriminate SLT to work except u av strong connectn or u a medical tech. only few accept slt. its only FMCG coy accept SLT as Q.C or Q.A
Re: Help!!!what Should I Do by chigozie43: 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2015
My dear don't kill your self, try and fine anything good to do in order to support life,be patient.
Re: Help!!!what Should I Do by mercythrone(m): 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
Please don't think of suicide at all, that's not the solution. Its only a trying time and it will surely be history if you don't give up on God.

I think you need to sit down with your husband, have a moment of deep reflection and planning; if need be that
there are things to settle with God, do it. If there are things you need to settle between yourselves (quarrel, disagreement, grudge, etc), pls settle and let unquenchable love be in your family despite the storm.

Having done these: forget the past, refelect on your potentials and skills again, make a feasibility study within your community, town or city, and ask this question, what is the need of the masses that I can meet. Do something that people are in need of, it will definitely be patronized and eventually earn a living.

Above all trust fully in God, He is your heavenly Father and in Jesus is begotten Son. He will surely help you.

One more thing; Ma! Please never make your hubby feel as if he's not man enough to meet his family's need. do things that will make him feel revered as the head of the family. This is wisdom, if you do it, I tell you your hubby will do anything legitimate, to bring food on the table.

Be courageous, it is well with your family. Be blessed!

3 Likes

Re: Help!!!what Should I Do by funkymoore: 3:14pm On Oct 24, 2015
My advice for you is to keep pushing, one thing I know for such is that you will come back here and give a wonderful turn around testimony. Killing yourself is not the answer that will make u a coward. It is well.
Re: Help!!!what Should I Do by funkyglitz: 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hmmmmmmm sorry ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Help!!!what Should I Do by Nicogen4us(f): 7:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
Thanks i will
Re: Help!!!what Should I Do by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 24, 2015
Op challenge God with your faith thats all. Come back here and give your testimony.
Re: Help!!!what Should I Do by ajasa4link: 10:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
My advice is quite simple, learn a skill that won't take u much time to learn and also won't require much capital to start up. I mean something like hairdressing, within few months u should get a grab and follow it Tru before u know it u will start earning something.

As for the suicide thing, don't try it because buying land at the cemetery is now expensive and am sure u wouldn't want ur family to run into debt trying to......... U know the rest.

For ur husband, I think he really needs to get get something doing even if it's a menial job. I know of a family while growing up, their father used to work in NTA in the north, he moved to Lagos with his family after being transfered only to be laid off after spending few months in Lagos. With no relatives in Lagos and a family of 3boys 2girls to cater for, he took the bold step an average person wouldn't take, went ahead to learn iron bending/welding. Imagine a man in his mid forties swallowing his pride to become an apprentice. With his wife selling food in a secondary school, they enrolled the boys in the school and even after the man learnt the trade it was rough at first. But today the boys are all graduates doing wonderfully well and their trying days is now a thing of the past.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!what Should I Do by raayah(f): 11:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
Nicogen4us:

There is no curse, the economy is Nigeria is poor.
Forget about that certificate for now.

There are labourer jobs, Plumber jobs, painter jobs even mechanic jobs. He just need to find someone to take him as an apprentice to learn the trade.
Your husband has to look for a job to support you.
He is also a liability to you. Give him an ultimatum.He has to find something to do.

For you, Have you tried childcare job ( put out signboards and use your house as a daycare / nightcare). If possible, place signboards close to schools and churches. You can even offer to pick kids up after school in your area and care for them.

How about catering ( frying akara / yam/moi moi at night in front of your area if its busy).
How about laundry? Washing and ironing people's clothes.
There are so many small businesses that you can do to generate income. They will grow with time.

About your depression. I will advise you to talk to a friend / pastor / imam and let it all out. You can post on nairaland too for support. We will listen to you and comfort you.

suicide is simply not an option. You will be leaving your kids behind to suffer in this world. You need to be alive for them Please.

But you need to get up and do something.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!what Should I Do by duduade: 2:05am On Oct 25, 2015
ajasa4link:
My advice is quite simple, learn a skill that won't take u much time to learn and also won't require much capital to start up. I mean something like hairdressing, within few months u should get a grab and follow it Tru before u know it u will start earning something.

As for the suicide thing, don't try it because buying land at the cemetery is now expensive and am sure u wouldn't want ur family to run into debt trying to......... U know the rest.
exactly. . For me I ll say hair making.. thats constant.... females must make their hair..
Re: Help!!!what Should I Do by AreaFada2: 1:57am On Nov 07, 2015
ok

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy In A Multi-purpose Cooperative Society / Help:-urgently In Need Of Free Driving Lessons / I Need A Ghost Writer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.