Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,126 members, 7,818,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Help: Unknown Apps Deleting My Data - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help: Unknown Apps Deleting My Data (574 Views)

Please Help, My Phone Download Unknown Apps / Nobody Has Beaten My DATA USAGE In A Month Check It Out.. / Why People Are Deleting Uber From Their Phones After Trump’s Executive Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Unknown Apps Deleting My Data by Kobeje(m): 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2015
I hope someone can help me with this.

After downloading the new opera from Google playstore, I discover that some strange automatic downloads take place on the phone. But for the phone setting that doesn't allow installation from unknown sources they would have been automatically installed.

After some days I just discovered that all the videos and documents on my phone had been deleted even though I didn't do any reset. But the apps were not deleted.

Also, almost every app I use now asks me to download a hot app, once there is data connection.

Please what do I do? A screenshot of the request is attached.

I use infinix x507.

Thanks.

Re: Help: Unknown Apps Deleting My Data by aieromon(m): 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
You must have installed a malware from a 3rd party website.The best bet will be to Reflash the ROM to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Help: Unknown Apps Deleting My Data by Kobeje(m): 9:46am On Oct 25, 2015
aieromon:
You must have installed a malware from a 3rd party website.The best bet will be to Reflash the ROM to avoid stories that touch.

kindly tell me how to reflash the ROM. Thank you

I actually noticed it when I installed new opera from Google playstore.
Re: Help: Unknown Apps Deleting My Data by Kobeje(m): 9:57am On Oct 25, 2015
aieromon:

Please help with the reflash you mentioned. or is it to reset the phone. It's quite urgent cos my wife thought it's a secret affair.
Re: Help: Unknown Apps Deleting My Data by aieromon(m): 12:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
Kobeje:

Please help with the reflash you mentioned. or is it to reset the phone. It's quite urgent cos my wife thought it's a secret affair.

Post your query here. You would get help there.

https://www.nairaland.com/2000359/infinix-hot-discussion-review-thread

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Is a Thief / Lumia 1520-said To Be Best Selling Windows Phone / How To Get The Best Black Friday Deals On Your Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.