Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,040 members, 7,814,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Casual Complaint: What Do I Do? Children Hate Me :( - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Casual Complaint: What Do I Do? Children Hate Me :( (1020 Views)

/ Why Do Children Love Noodles / Why Do Children Tease Me Negatively? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Casual Complaint: What Do I Do? Children Hate Me :( by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2015
I still don't know why but it is really disturbing. I mean, I try to hold a child and they start wailing, someone else comes along and it seems so easy to make them laugh.

Babies are the worst, they've always hated me for as long as I can remember. I tried making funny faces or singing their favourite songs but it's all being a total disaster, like I'm not really cut out for it. I laugh a lot when a joke is told, it's sooo easy to make me laugh but not the other way round.

For some time now, I've been tutoring kids on playing Scrabble. I think I'm doing pretty well considering the fact that I'm able to keep them interested and not made any of them cry yet. But I still get a little freaked out when I have to scold them, I keep praying no one decides to walk out because they hate me.

Occasionally, I get that kid that loves me. When this happens, it's always in the extreme. For instance, my aunt and her 2 year old son visited us recently. The kid and I hit it off immediately. Two days later, I had to go live with them because he kept asking about me and would neither eat nor sleep. This always happens when a kid likes me for real.

While I wish I could have this effect on kids all the time, it's only wishful thinking. I keep asking if my own kids will love or hate me. Why do children just hate me?
Re: Casual Complaint: What Do I Do? Children Hate Me :( by eme1n(m): 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
Picture please, so I can make an informed comment..

2 Likes

Re: Casual Complaint: What Do I Do? Children Hate Me :( by Pineapp: 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2015
I can imagine a baby seeing you approach and in its mind it's like ,O God,No... Not this Ghost again embarassed grin grin grin
Re: Casual Complaint: What Do I Do? Children Hate Me :( by Pineapp: 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2015
Maybe you use too much Marykay,

Maybe you have a strong unsmiling face,

Maybe you look like Karen Igho, lipsrsealed

Maybe you need Jesus sad

2 Likes

Re: Casual Complaint: What Do I Do? Children Hate Me :( by libertyfather(m): 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
Maybe you look like ojuju calabar
Re: Casual Complaint: What Do I Do? Children Hate Me :( by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2015
Pineapp:
Maybe you use too much Marykay,

Maybe you have a strong unsmiling face,

Maybe you look like Karen Igho, lipsrsealed

Maybe you need Jesus sad
Lol, Firstly, I don't use make up. I think as someone with a great sense of humor, I'm rarely caught not smiling. please check my profile photo, do I look like Karen?. And lastly......I wouldn't say much about my religious orientation but I do know I have no questionable morals.
Re: Casual Complaint: What Do I Do? Children Hate Me :( by Swissheart(f): 4:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
Smile more....not really an issue if you'lld ask me
Re: Casual Complaint: What Do I Do? Children Hate Me :( by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
Pineapp:
I can imagine a baby seeing you approach and in its mind it's like ,O God,No... Not this Ghost again embarassed grin grin grin
I'm actually laughing out loud right now. Eh! is this me? I've suffered.
Re: Casual Complaint: What Do I Do? Children Hate Me :( by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2015
Swissheart:
Smile more....not really an issue if you'lld ask me
Thanks a mil. I'll smile more since apparently, my current level of smiling isn't high up the bar enough. And it is an issue...I guess it's hard to understand till it happens to you.
Re: Casual Complaint: What Do I Do? Children Hate Me :( by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
Fvcking hilarious cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Casual Complaint: What Do I Do? Children Hate Me :( by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
JustTara:
Thanks a mil. I'll smile more since apparently, my current level of smiling isn't high up the bar enough. And it is an issue...I guess it's hard to understand till it happens to you.
it's normal that some kids will like you more than others, I won't even say they hate u babies are unpredictable, they can cry at u today and smile at u tomorrow. But why does this even bother u?? And yes your kids will love u which is the most important thing.

1 Like

Re: Casual Complaint: What Do I Do? Children Hate Me :( by ril19(m): 10:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
ok so lemme try share a few idea with you sweetie

(1) you should have a loving heart. love n care for these babies from the bottom of your heart [i'm not saying you don't]

(2) stop entertaining the thought that babies don't like you. [in fact they do as you yourself can attest to]

(3) don't quit playing with them when you see them, but watch it dear; make sure it's not scary to them [what we call scary is not what they call scary coz little things may scare them]

(4) when you approach a baby, don't pre suppose it'll reject you that's preposterous.

#ilovebabies

1 Like

Re: Casual Complaint: What Do I Do? Children Hate Me :( by Pidggin(f): 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
If you genuinely love kids, you don't need to try too hard to win them over. Be yourself, smile, and relax when you are around them.

(1) (Reply)

Who Will You Choose?? / When An American Child Prays For Her African Dad / Who Remembers Sonic The Hedgehog Series?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.