Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Is Reality Talent Show The Only Platform For Upcoming Artists In Nigeria? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Reality Talent Show The Only Platform For Upcoming Artists In Nigeria? (647 Views)

Hilarious Advise For Upcoming Artists (photo) / The Voice Nigeria Talent Show Audition Venues & Registration Form / Register For Rising Star Gospel Talent Show Returns Bigger With N1m Grand Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Reality Talent Show The Only Platform For Upcoming Artists In Nigeria? by rickymayne(m): 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
Just months ago when I listened to an interview; "the talk" with nigeria superstar "M.I"the chairman crooner"...when asked about the plans he had for upcoming before they he could think of signing em to his record label...he answered giving criteria's like; an upcoming artiste must have at least 10,000 followers on social media,must have recorded over 50 songs,must be tagged with being an artist in various institutions around you...school,church e.t.c.

I find it hard to turn into an attention seeker all because I want opportunities before I get signed into a record label...so is it possible I spend most of my time surfing for followers on social media,I understand that social media is like that very easy "bridge of communication" between a celebrity and an artiste but for someone like "M.I" to seem un-interested in an artiste not having up to 10k followers is way too much..I mean,most popular artist's social media account are operated by someone else...I don't even think M.I had up to 50 records before his first hit...an artist with over 50 songs shouldn't be referred to as upcoming no more,50 tracks is like having over 2 albums in accrual...record labels are meant to do more of branding rather than using artiste for their selfish interest

Now,the only platform I know about is the talent reality shows; idols,project fame having over 100,000 applicants every year...not everybody could actually gather up the confidence and overlook the humiliation attached to not making it into the better part of the competition .with projectfame being more of a "musical dictator".

Are there really better platforms for upcoming artist in nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

New Music : Humblesmith FT. Davido - Osinachi Rmx / Official Top 15 Songs Of The Week (January 23) / DOWNLOAD MUSIC: Runny K – Mo Foh (prod. By Chilly Ace)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.