Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? (20300 Views)

Can I Make A Living Out Of Data Analysis / Mother Of 3 Rides Keke In Umuahia (Photos) / Did I Make A Mistake Studying Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by RolePlay(m): 7:54pm On Oct 24, 2015
Good day fellas. I am a student of one of the federal universities in Nigeria and I just entered my final year. I am currently on a CGPA of 3.32 due to some issues. I just want to know how possible it is to make a 2.1 grade at graduation and the methods to employ. Should I register more courses? I know I have to dedicate all my time to my books, but what measures should I employ to raise my CGPA. Thanks for your time, I anticipate the responses of our experienced nairalanders.
tanimola22 sir

1 Like

Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 24, 2015
Im sorry my friend.but it seems that if u dont leave nairaland nd face ur books.u will be coming out third class

8 Likes

Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by RolePlay(m): 8:59pm On Oct 24, 2015
^^^ Thanks for your contribution. You can now go

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by Ayomidric(m): 9:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
Bro, it is possible and that is if u can aim atleast 4.5 as ur g.p in both 1st and 2nd semester result
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by akins56(m): 12:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
am on 3.65, with 2 semesters to go, am i ssafe yet..?
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by amosamali(m): 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
akins56:
am on 3.65, with 2 semesters to go, am i ssafe yet..?

3.65 is a good grade.. You're good to go!

1 Like

Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by amosamali(m): 1:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
RolePlay:
Good day fellas. I am a student of one of the federal universities in Nigeria and I just entered my final year. I am currently on a CGPA of 3.32 due to some issues. I just want to know how possible it is to make a 2.1 grade at graduation and the methods to employ. Should I register more courses? I know I have to dedicate all my time to my books, but what measures should I employ to raise my CGPA. Thanks for your time, I anticipate the responses of our experienced nairalanders.
tanimola22 sir

Ok,to be a 2.1 graduate you have to graduate with a CGPA between 3.5-4.49 which I believe you already know. With your present CGPA let's do some analysis...3.5-3.32=0.18, so let's assume its a four years course,which implies you've completed 3 session I.e 6 semesters....so therefore 0.18*6=1.08.
1.08 is your remainder right. Now for the remaining two semesters you have to balance your G.P with 1.08 ,which implies you must have atleast 4.04 in both semesters...

I believe you can do it!!
Believe in yourself!!

6 Likes

Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by baruzeez(m): 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
amosamali:

Ok,to be a 2.1 graduate you have to graduate with a CGPA between 3.5-4.49 which I believe you already know. With your present CGPA let's do some analysis...3.5-3.32=0.18, so let's assume its a four years course,which implies you've completed 3 session I.e 6 semesters....so therefore 0.18*6=1.08.
1.08 is your remainder right. Now for the remaining two semesters you have to balance your G.P with 1.08 ,which implies you must have atleast 4.04 in both semesters...

Believe in yourself!!
wow great analysis I'm impressed bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by Alarib(m): 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
Bro....I'm sure you can. The above analysis does not work that way...you can confirm from your course advisor. Aim for a 4.5 for both semesters. I was on a 3.3 in my final year and lost hope. Was able to make a 4.1 and 3.8 for both semesters in my finals but still ended up with a 3.44 CGPA. Just make sure you give it your all. This is not the time to graduate with a 2:2.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by Kelechi2020(m): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
BRO the truth hurts though but it must be told....... You have a slim chance of making it....... I need more information as per the run down of your credit load since year one and the credit load you are going to offer this final year... To help answer your questions wella
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by RolePlay(m): 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
amosamali:

Believe in yourself!!

Thanks for two things. 1. Encouragement 2. Analysis. I appreciate your input
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by RolePlay(m): 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
alarib and kelechi2020 Thank u guys!
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by sammirano: 5:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
Pls what are the chances with a CPGA of 3.45 am expecting 300l second semester result and still have the whole final year (400l) ahead.
N.B: my best guess is my second semester result will be around 3.5 - 3.6.
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by yorex2011: 11:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
Lets analyse this you're presently on 3.32 and I'd assume you are studying a four year course meaning you've completed 75% of your schooling.. To get what you need to make a first class 3.32 *0.75 + (x * 0.25) = 3.5
Where x is your final year gpa
Means you need to get at least a 4.04 gpa in your final year.. For safety lets just say 4.10
Now this is entirely based on the information you gave
So yes it is very much possible to get a 4.10 in your final year
If half your courses are A's the oda half b's then you have 4.5
Half A's then half C's you have 4.0
So C's is an absolute no no..
I don't know you or your capabilities.. Buh i can only say.. Try to change your approach.. Cos you won't get a different result doing things the same way you have been doing
Try to start studying as early as possible..
Reduce your workload by spacing things out, revise topics as soon as you are taugh, before you read a new topic practice the previous one, for every bew topic practice and revise old topics as far a 3 topics ago.. This form of repetition helps you acclimate yourself to the topica in such a way that they will be part of you... Repetition is key..
You shudnt expect to read and understand something completely at just one read

Also practice re-reading in your mind... This is a good way to cement what you read... E.g..you just finished studying and are about to sleep.. That few minutes before you finally doze off... Try to re-read in your mind.. By that i mean, mentally seeing yourself on a chair, with the book in front of you... This is good practice as you can remember pages where information are easily..

Make you reading fun, there are loads of things i can say, buh these shud suffice for now.. Dont give up.. I need to hear you good news by the end of your final year..

God bless you..
Sky is the starting point for us all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by yorex2011: 11:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
Alarib:
Bro....I'm sure you can. The above analysis does not work that way...you can confirm from your course advisor. Aim for a 4.5 for both semesters. I was on a 3.3 in my final year and lost hope. Was able to make a 4.1 and 3.8 for both semesters in my finals but still ended up with a 3.44 CGPA. Just make sure you give it your all. This is not the time to graduate with a 2:2.

A 4.1 in second semester would have gotten you a 2.1..based on the information you gave
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by Alarib(m): 3:52am On Oct 27, 2015
yorex2011:

A 4.1 in second semester would have gotten you a 2.1..based on the information you gave
Well it did not....Unit loads play a big part in this as I got to understand. CGPA calculation is not just taking the average of semester results. sad
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by yorex2011: 7:54am On Oct 27, 2015
Alarib:

Well it did not....Unit loads play a big part in this as I got to understand. CGPA calculation is not just taking the average of semester results. sad
Well.. Dats why we said he needed 4.1 for the final session, he can do that whatever his course weights are
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by RolePlay(m): 2:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
yorex2011:
Lets analyse this you're presently on 3.32 and I'd assume you are studying a four year course meaning you've completed 75% of your schooling.. To get what you need to make a first class 3.32 *0.75 + (x * 0.25) = 3.5
Where x is your final year gpa
Means you need to get at least a 4.04 gpa in your final year.. For safety lets just say 4.10
Now this is entirely based on the information you gave
So yes it is very much possible to get a 4.10 in your final year
If half your courses are A's the oda half b's then you have 4.5
Half A's then half C's you have 4.0
So C's is an absolute no no..
I don't know you or your capabilities.. Buh i can only say.. Try to change your approach.. Cos you won't get a different result doing things the same way you have been doing
Try to start studying as early as possible..
Reduce your workload by spacing things out, revise topics as soon as you are taugh, before you read a new topic practice the previous one, for every bew topic practice and revise old topics as far a 3 topics ago.. This form of repetition helps you acclimate yourself to the topica in such a way that they will be part of you... Repetition is key..
You shudnt expect to read and understand something completely at just one read

Also practice re-reading in your mind... This is a good way to cement what you read... E.g..you just finished studying and are about to sleep.. That few minutes before you finally doze off... Try to re-read in your mind.. By that i mean, mentally seeing yourself on a chair, with the book in front of you... This is good practice as you can remember pages where information are easily..

Make you reading fun, there are loads of things i can say, buh these shud suffice for now.. Dont give up.. I need to hear you good news by the end of your final year..

God bless you..
Sky is the starting point for us all

You are an angel. I appreciate you
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by RolePlay(m): 11:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
yorex2011:

Dear yorex2011, I understand that I need to attain a mixture of A's and B's to achieve my stated objective, but there's something I'll like to clarify. It is about the number of courses (units). What is the impact of the number of units in boosting the cgpa? From what I can reason out, a mixture of A's and B's in 8 courses say 24 credit units should make more positive impact on the cgpa than a mixture of A's and B's in 5 courses ie 18 credit units.
If I can handle it, cos am Ready to work, will more credit units bring about a more significant impact? Your view please. Thanks.
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by greatmaster: 7:08am On Dec 29, 2015
I was in thesame situation with u wen i was i final year too. i had a cgpa of 3.36 in 400l havin only 2 semesters to go.
so the key there is this coz i applied it and came out with a 3.58. ur IT defence must b an A, Ur project must b an A, the rest of ur results each semester should not have a C, or/and ur grade point in each semester should be as from 4.1 and above. if u can make it like this, guy i bet u, u will make a 2;1. u got to xtra jak
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by yorex2011: 8:09am On Dec 29, 2015
RolePlay:

Dear yorex2011, I understand that I need to attain a mixture of A's and B's to achieve my stated objective, but there's something I'll like to clarify. It is about the number of courses (units). What is the impact of the number of units in boosting the cgpa? From what I can reason out, a mixture of A's and B's in 8 courses say 24 credit units should make more positive impact on the cgpa than a mixture of A's and B's in 5 courses ie 18 credit units.
If I can handle it, cos am Ready to work, will more credit units bring about a more significant impact? Your view please. Thanks.

Yes definitely, just throw in your best at whatever is thrown at you
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by Greatness366(f): 12:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
Kelechi2020:
BRO the truth hurts though but it must be told....... You have a slim chance of making it....... I need more information as per the run down of your credit load since year one and the credit load you are going to offer this final year... To help answer your questions wella
That's not true he can make it his chances are not slim at all I have heard a testimony of a guy who was in third class but entered 2:1 in his final year .God work wonders u kw
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by Emmaesty(f): 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2015
Greatness366:
That's not true he can make it his chances are not slim at all I have heard a testimony of a guy who was in third class but entered 2:1 in his final year .God work wonders u kw
Haba... .... . He was on third class in 400l 1st semester and entered second class upper division in 400l 2nd semester? It's not possible.

It's not even possible if he was on third class in 300l 1st semester and entered second class upper division in 400l 2nd semester. Cgpa doesn't move that fast
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by refreshrate: 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
Emmaesty:
Haba... .... . He was on third class in 400l 1st semester and entered second class upper division in 400l 2nd semester? It's not possible.

It's not even possible if he was on third class in 300l 1st semester and entered second class upper division in 400l 2nd semester. Cgpa doesn't move that fast

You never jam motivational speaker

Anything they can say to make you feel good dem go talk .
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by victor247: 3:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
Its very much possible bro. I moved from 3.31 to 3.54 within the two semesters in my final year. You can do it only if you believe and work towards it.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by youngRx(m): 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
OP it is very easy to knw ur fate nau.
first carry a calculator and ur course form.
then ask urself "assuming i get A in all my courses wat will be my total earned points for that semester? (i.e 5points × total number of credit units registered.)
add this to ur PREVIOUS EARNED POINTS to get your TOTAL EARNED POINTS ...add the number of credit units registered for the first semester to d PREV CREDIT UNIT REGISTERED to get ur TOTAL CREDIT UNITS REGISTERED....then divide ur TOTAL EARNED POINTS by ur TOTAL CREDIT UNITS REGISTERED ...watever u get will be ur CGPA for d first semester i.e IF u had an A in all courses.

then ask urself again....wat if i have 3 B's & 5 As??
calculate ur EARNED POINTS for d semester...add it to d prev earned points and proceed as above.

that way you can knw d number of As or Bs you need to get per semester to take u to ur promise land.

did same thing wit mine and discovered dt i can only get minimum of 2 Bs each semester to graduate with a First class. it cn work for u too
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by Greatness366(f): 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
Emmaesty:

was in third class 300L Second semester
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by Emmaesty(f): 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
Greatness366:
was in third class 300L Second semester
Still not possible dear. Moving from 1.5 to 3.5 under 3 semesters doesn't seem feasible
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by Greatness366(f): 5:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
Emmaesty:
Still not possible dear. Moving from 1.5 to 3.5 under 3 semesters doesn't seem feasible
Like I said the guy testified it in church are you saying he lied?he didn't say he was 1.5 besides 2.4 is also third class.May be he made 5.0 first and second semester in his finals I dnt know how God deed it.
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by Emmaesty(f): 6:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
Greatness366:
Like I said the guy testified it in church are you saying he lied?he didn't say he was 1.5 besides 2.4 is also third class.May be he made 5.0 first and second semester in his finals I dnt know how God deed it.
Not possible bae. A 5.0 in both semesters will get him to 3.05. I calculated
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by akins56(m): 9:17am On Jan 03, 2016
Emmaesty:
Not possible bae. A 5.0 in both semesters will get him to 3.05. I calculated
stop flogging a dead horse miss..people with 3.0 self are on a long thing...its technically not possible.
Re: Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32? by killsmith(f): 9:44am On Jan 03, 2016
refreshrate:

You never jam motivational speaker

Anything they can say to make you feel good dem go talk .
lwkmd....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Project Managers' Forum / 3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 / What Do You Really Love to Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.