Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Chelsea Got Screwed Ydai Thanks To Technology + Future Of Technology In Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Got Screwed Ydai Thanks To Technology + Future Of Technology In Football (927 Views)

VAR Technology In Football: What Every Nigerian Should Know. Techcapon / Manchester City Has The Most Expensive Squad In Football History - CIES / See The Prize Money Chelsea Got For Winning The Premier League... See Full List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Got Screwed Ydai Thanks To Technology + Future Of Technology In Football by MissTechy(f): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2015
This was gotten from MissTechy

Hey, even though I am a die-hard football fan, this is not a football blog. But, I’m always happy when people can see that Technology is the future, especially with yesterday’s match. ( I am sorry Chelsea fans, I know you won’t agree with me today).

For those who don’t know, Chelsea could have equalized in the 36th minute (and probably gotten a draw) but this happened:

Rewind to 2012, before the adoption of Goal line technology, this would have been a goal – But all hail the gods of technology that saw the Goal for what it is.

Technology in football debate has been raging for quite some time now everything centered on Disallowed or allowed goals. In my opinion, Technology has helped curb the argument but I wish Technology had more say, For example, imagine if this 3 points below were put into consideration:

1. Offside technology

Offside or Onside goals have been spiking arguments since 1989. Since we can now determine exactly where the ball is, why not apply the same principle to Offside rule – we all know that humans can sometimes struggle to determine if a player is on or offside. So imagine if the players wear sensors to determine any position? That coupled with Artificial intelligence can save me from a lot of argument with the boys.

2. The Fake Detector

Since the players will be wearing sensors, We could tell when players intentionally waste time rolling around as if they’ve had their career destroyed only to instantly recover once the whistle blows again.

3. Robo-refs

How many people have noticed that these referees are really old, I wonder why they don’t get young virile sexy men to run around the field. However, since computer systems already assist referees, why not allow them run the show. In comes the Robo-refs, Picture the ability to make instant data-driven decisions not based on sentiments or sympathy. Now that’s what we are talking about.

Pending the time this happens, sorry Chelsea fans, you hate technology don’t you?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Got Screwed Ydai Thanks To Technology + Future Of Technology In Football by MissTechy(f): 10:47am On Oct 25, 2015
What do you guys think cc @lalasticlala
Re: Chelsea Got Screwed Ydai Thanks To Technology + Future Of Technology In Football by politricks: 11:00am On Oct 25, 2015
Technology is making football boring. The arguments that ensues after a refree's controversial decision is part of what makes football interesting. Although technology has its good side too like fair play and all.

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Got Screwed Ydai Thanks To Technology + Future Of Technology In Football by rusher14: 11:01am On Oct 25, 2015
The whole of the ball must go over the whole of the line.
Re: Chelsea Got Screwed Ydai Thanks To Technology + Future Of Technology In Football by drss(m): 11:02am On Oct 25, 2015
no technology fashion againt chelsea shall prosper.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Got Screwed Ydai Thanks To Technology + Future Of Technology In Football by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 25, 2015
Awww cheesy I cannor laugh
Re: Chelsea Got Screwed Ydai Thanks To Technology + Future Of Technology In Football by Johnrake69: 11:08am On Oct 25, 2015
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Got Screwed Ydai Thanks To Technology + Future Of Technology In Football by joshbouy(m): 11:46am On Oct 25, 2015
chelshit fans should calm down joh...not like they were robbed...d ball must cross the line completely before it will be awarded as a goal Nd from d replays, e remain small grin
what I will be against is a robot ref...kinda akward

(1) (Reply)

Merrybet Predictions / Karma Is Real! Here Is What I Think About Mourinho's Failure / FC Barcelona Wins FIFA Club World Cup (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.