Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Please, Constructive Opinions*can You Help Me Decide On Which Job To Take Up. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please, Constructive Opinions*can You Help Me Decide On Which Job To Take Up. (1049 Views)

Please Which Job Do I Go For? / Which Job Search Site Is Reliable? / From No Job To 3 Job Offers (success Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Constructive Opinions*can You Help Me Decide On Which Job To Take Up. by CuriousGuy1: 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
I presently work as a cahier in a depot in lagos state.
My current pay is 35,000 naira. But its owned by Lebanese
And working there has become boring as they mulitask me with still same fixed salary.
Asin, i function as an account clerk, a supervisor and alot of responsibilty on my head directly from the MD.

As u would know with most lebanese coys, i dont have a letter of engagement. Even with my position, im still casualized
And i am accountable, for cash, stock and even the depot. All this is overwhelming with the little pay that my transport alone is about 10k a month.

I had an interview with a hospital, as a cashier. I was asked if i can start immediately, but that was on the 17th. Seriously, i need to balance my account before i leave because alot of people owe me money from stock that i need to get by month end to balance the account.
The hospital operates on 1day on 1 day off working policy means i have to work 24hours a day.

Now, my delima is this, should i just quit my present job presently and take this hospital job, even tbough the hospital agrees to pay 40,000 naira.

Present job-
Salary 35,000
Transport 500 x 24days =12,000(mon-sat)
Duties- unlimited bandwidth
Feeding 200-300 x 24= 4800-7200naira(lunch only i guess)

Offered job-
salary 40,000
Transport 600 x 15 days= 9000naira
Dutiea- just cashier
Feeding 200-300 x15days = 3000-4500naira

Looking at this analysis, its obvious the hospital might afford me with more cash to save than my present job.
But they need someone fast, and i wunt be completely free from my present job till 4th of november(actually thats when ee receive our salary) even though their accounting period ends on the 24th.

With all this ive said, should i just quit abruptly because they have no contract with me and is where am going, any better, working full stretch 24hrs a day. Thats some shiii!!!
Can anyone advice me sensibly?
Re: Please, Constructive Opinions*can You Help Me Decide On Which Job To Take Up. by supo19884: 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
U need to state if the hospital is private or government owned? What is the prospects in both organisation. Try to discuss within the few days with the management of the Lebanon first stating issues related to financial problems so as to get an upward review of ur salary.
Re: Please, Constructive Opinions*can You Help Me Decide On Which Job To Take Up. by CuriousGuy1: 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
supo19884:
U need to state if the hospital is private or government owned? What is the prospects in both organisation. Try to discuss within the few days with the management of the Lebanon first stating issues related to financial problems so as to get an upward review of ur salary.
Bruv, prospects is very important, even more dan salary on the long run. But to look at it, a company that has not formalized my employment for almost a year now definately has no prospect for me. They fire pipu at will even pipu who have laboured for them. Wenever u fk up dey can just chase u off like a dog.
In d hoslital however, its private, with my little knowledge u can stay there for years and remain where u are, abi cashier they promote to surgeon ni? Lol.
Both jobs are just to keep body n soul together, dey no future in them in my opinion.
Re: Please, Constructive Opinions*can You Help Me Decide On Which Job To Take Up. by supo19884: 4:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
Senior man to my little knowledge most Chinese, Indian firms don't formalised employment.perhaps think of how long u av been with the Lebanon firm and your contributions to their development. I suggest u discuss with them on issues bothering ur appointment and upward review of salary. Prospects in hospital doesn't mean cashier turning to surgeon but rather than increment of salary and other career benefits and development.
CuriousGuy1:

Bruv, prospects is very important, even more dan salary on the long run. But to look at it, a company that has not formalized my employment for almost a year now definately has no prospect for me. They fire pipu at will even pipu who have laboured for them. Wenever u fk up dey can just chase u off like a dog.
In d hoslital however, its private, with my little knowledge u can stay there for years and remain where u are, abi cashier they promote to surgeon ni? Lol.
Both jobs are just to keep body n soul together, dey no future in them in my opinion.
Re: Please, Constructive Opinions*can You Help Me Decide On Which Job To Take Up. by CuriousGuy1: 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
supo19884:
Senior man to my little knowledge most Chinese, Indian firms don't formalised employment.perhaps think of how long u av been with the Lebanon firm and your contributions to their development. I suggest u discuss with them on issues bothering ur appointment and upward review of salary. Prospects in hospital doesn't mean cashier turning to surgeon but rather than increment of salary and other career benefits and development.
Lol, i was joking with the surgeon thingy but none the less, i get ur point, dialogue.
Re: Please, Constructive Opinions*can You Help Me Decide On Which Job To Take Up. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
The calculation of your feeding working at the hospital is flawed. You would work for 24hours right, how come it is one meal rate that has been used?
Re: Please, Constructive Opinions*can You Help Me Decide On Which Job To Take Up. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
The calculation of your feeding working at the hospital is flawed. You would work for 24hours right, how come it is one meal rate that has been used?

Additional questions include; how notable is the hospital? How equipped is this hospital? What is the record of staff turnover in the hospital? Can they provide you meals or some fringe benefit?

I suggest you discuss this financial challenges with the lebanese company, I know that they would shake body.
Re: Please, Constructive Opinions*can You Help Me Decide On Which Job To Take Up. by akinyeleaa: 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
In my humble opinion, even though I still dey find job myself, any job where u work as a casual worker is not worth it. Even if the pay of the new job is smaller, in as much as you'll be staffed, I mean with letter of engagement and terms of work clearly stated, it is better to take the new job.
Re: Please, Constructive Opinions*can You Help Me Decide On Which Job To Take Up. by CuriousGuy1: 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
P
Keneking:

Additional questions include; how notable is the hospital? How equipped is this hospital? What is the record of staff turnover in the hospital? Can they provide you meals or some fringe benefit?

I suggest you discuss this financial challenges with the lebanese company, I know that they would shake body.
Thanks bro for ur time. Ur right tho, i thought of it too. I wunt return home till d next day so i shuld have included anoda 200-300naira for night food, or i also thought of it that while leaving home in d morning i woulda eaten n taken some for afternoon too. Lol. As such i will be left with night.

But, all the same, i dnt think ders any arrangemebt for food, its a hospital, except i wanna drink blood sha. cheesy
As regards discusing with the lebanese coy, this month is already gone, it will be as against next month, and i only have tomorow n next to show my intrest in d hospital job.
So its quite dicey, i may loose d hospital job if i dnt act fast.
Re: Please, Constructive Opinions*can You Help Me Decide On Which Job To Take Up. by CuriousGuy1: 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
akinyeleaa:
In my humble opinion, even though I still dey find job myself, any job where u work as a casual worker is not worth it. Even if the pay of the new job is smaller, in as much as you'll be staffed, I mean with letter of engagement and terms of work clearly stated, it is better to take the new job.
Hmmmm, i reason along. Uld find a good job bro ijn.
Re: Please, Constructive Opinions*can You Help Me Decide On Which Job To Take Up. by akinyeleaa: 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
CuriousGuy1:
Hmmmm, i reason along. Uld find a good job bro ijn.
Amen, tnx man
Re: Please, Constructive Opinions*can You Help Me Decide On Which Job To Take Up. by obinna2nv(m): 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
Go for the hospital job, its still a cashier job, like you said, no prospect in both jobs. So its all about the money, so definitely go for the higher pay and extra savings...
Re: Please, Constructive Opinions*can You Help Me Decide On Which Job To Take Up. by CuriousGuy1: 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
obinna2nv:
Go for the hospital job, its still a cashier job, like you said, no prospect in both jobs. So its all about the money, so definitely go for the higher pay and extra savings...
I agree, its just the useless timming

(1) (Reply)

Junior Network & System Support Officer / Spectranet Ibadan : Job Vacancy / Employment Opportunities At MTN Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.