Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

If It Happened To You, What Would You Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If It Happened To You, What Would You Do? (1000 Views)

Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it / She Stayed With Her Husband Through Difficult Times,Now This Has Happened To Her / Mothers: That Funny Thing That Happened To You In Public During Pregnancy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If It Happened To You, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
A young man who has done the first phase of marriage rites introduction for the woman he wants to marry. So far, his intending in-laws have been warm and accepting of him. They are seemingly "good Christians".
The lady he wants to marry was on course out of the country and asked him to please visit his family and deliver a message to them.
He got to his in-law's, the mother-in-law came out all excited and greeted him. She offered him food and asked him to feel at home. Happily he ate his meal and when he was about to relax, the woman came out and gave him some money to rush out and buy some foodstuffs across the road. He ran the errand joyfully and upon returning home, the woman came out with a pile of clothes and said "my son, help me go to the backyard and wash I and my husband's clothes".
He tried to explain that he would like to take his leave as time was against him, but the woman started pleading and looking forlorn, so he obliged.
He washed all the clothes, delivered the message from his wife and ran off.
A few months later, he went to see the same "in-laws", he got there and met his brother-in-law and mother in-law. He quickly delivered the message he was asked to deliver, about to rush out, the mother-in-law asked him to please go to the kitchen and help her check what she was cooking. He did so albeit hesitantly. All this while, his brother-in-law was sitting comfortably, watching a movie.
The woman was about to send him on another errand, but he sourly said "mama, I'm running late for an appointment somewhere, goodbye"...
If these happened to you, what would you do?
Re: If It Happened To You, What Would You Do? by francoray(m): 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hmmm!!! I will humble myself and go. Since you. Said an. Elderly woman. That's not bad
Re: If It Happened To You, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
francoray:
Hmmm!!! I will humble myself and go. Since you. Said an. Elderly woman. That's not bad
my dear, some elderly people are good at exploiting people o! I try not to allow the handshake exceed the elbow...lol
Re: If It Happened To You, What Would You Do? by frostylook: 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
grin grin.LOL!!! Much as I don't believe the story, I find it tooo funny. Well, in the Nigerian context, if the wife was the one in the topic, she would be advised to swallow it all,stay humble and prove what a good wife she truly is. Hehehehehehehe!!!. My advice to the man is to borrow a leaf fron our Nigerian wives and do what they would do, stay humble to prove what a good son-inlaw he is!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If It Happened To You, What Would You Do? by teeboo: 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
U try o,y will ur moda inlaw to be give u cloth to wash or tell u to check what she's cooking for her while her own son is watching TV,u better act as a man dat u're and don't let them turn u to their house help, what u won't take pls don't take

1 Like

Re: If It Happened To You, What Would You Do? by achinaboy(m): 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
for me i will do it for them, just to know whats up
Re: If It Happened To You, What Would You Do? by FaskRolce: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
I don't believe this story.... But for the fun of it, I would let it stop after running to the market. How can I wash their clothes? I will just smile and say 'mama, I know you need help, so I will send someone to help you with anything you need. But right now, I have to go make some money for your daughter so she can send some to you.' off I Waka go abeg? I be Houseman?
Re: If It Happened To You, What Would You Do? by EfemenaXY: 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
Funny thread.

What I would do? I'll flip over to the next page to find out what happens next. That's what I'll do, @op. cheesy
Re: If It Happened To You, What Would You Do? by MARKone(m): 9:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ordinary washing of cloth, and a quick run to the market. I will do it, but as soon as their daughter steps into my house as my wife, I go make sure she wash cloth tire, with hand, no machine, market will be two times in a week, fresh food prepared every other day, no fridge no microwave, she go cook tire cheesy
Re: If It Happened To You, What Would You Do? by Richy4(m): 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
HEEEE I don't even know what to do in this situation.

but I believe packaging matters alot. if you look super shabby or haggard all the time, your inlaws will take you for a ride.

But in my own case, She will really really need to asses me first (or better still touchlight me) before she began the washing aspect of her request. except she needed glasses
Re: If It Happened To You, What Would You Do? by tk4rd: 8:51am On Oct 26, 2015
First of all, the guy in question is not rich for them to even get mouth to send him on such errands.
Secondly, the guy doesn't even know his own self-worth for him to even consider going for some of the errands that are very demeaning.
Thirdly, the guy does not have Will-Power, for him to have intended to decline some of the errands, but later found himself doing those things again - against his own will.. A simple word like "Pardonn.!!!" would have solved the whole rigmarole for him.

Fourthly, the parents of the wife-to-be are not good people..
ADVICE..
The guy should stop going there..
What type of message is that even that their daughter cannot call them on phone to deliver.??
Re: If It Happened To You, What Would You Do? by marshalcarter: 9:03am On Oct 26, 2015
Had it been its back in da dayz....ama do it....but now.....mba ooo

OP....just say its happenin to you...nobody will flog you grin

(1) (Reply)

Man, 32, Butchers Sister, Buries Brother Alive In Abia State (photos) / Please Help !, I Need My To Separate From My Efik Wife Traditionally. / How Do You Spend Your Saturdays.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.