Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town (48367 Views)

Terrible Accident Along Abraka/Agbor Expressway Delta(photos) / Info On City Of Abraka / Accident Involving Keke And Bus Leaves 2 Abraka Market Traders Unconscious -pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
both,btw are you the one with the fathmy handle
If I Am will you have a different opinion?

Back to topic...
I agree it's not only Abraka that has issues regarding lack of social and basic amenities But as I said earlier, Op wrote from his experience. He has not been to Yola so he can't write about a community there.... You dig?

Secondly, if you have really been to Abk and you think this piece is an exaggeration, Then I think it's bedtime for me Nd my fingers!

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by mzzzy: 8:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
nofij:
That Ekrejeta road is an eye sore.
I dont know the problem with abk sha but the electricity situation is not that bad. At least we still have the motel and several bars to cheer us up wink
. The light situation is really bad for a university environment. That's one of the reason I chose to stay in school hostel
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

This reminds me of what you said earlier about Abraka people asking for "deve" to repair their roads.

This lady is an Abraka indigene and instead of Jollyjoy to be happy that of all the places that need address in Delta State, I chose Abraka, which is not even my home town, she is here grousing about what is bad, worse or worst.
I laugh in discontent. How unappreciative.
cheesycheesycheesy

me abraka indigenenot bad,nice try.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by jewelbaby55(f): 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
MyschoolNG:
Chai abraka dey flex oooooooOooO I swear!!! Come ekpoma u go know say abk na city.
First mother nature cursed the land (no water) one gallon of water goes for #30 naira if I lie make thunder strike me dead. Secondly crime, I think you guys know the story. We are rated number one in cult matters.
Infrastructures, is less than zero. I have stayed in abk and I can tell u,abk is heaven compared to ekpoma.
Even the sch fees ekpoma is twice the amount of delsu.
lol. Na wa
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:

If I Am will you have a different opinion?

Back to topic...
I agree it's not only Abraka that has issues regarding lack of social and basic amenities But as I said earlier, Op wrote from his experience. He has not been to Yola so he can't write about a community there.... You dig?

Secondly, if you have really been to Abk and you think this piece is an exaggeration, Then I think it's bedtime for me Nd my fingers!
goodnight.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
cheesycheesycheesy

me abraka indigenenot bad,nice try.

Whether indigene or not, the premise remains the same. An eagle cannot catch two chicks at the same time.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

This reminds me of what you said earlier about Abraka people asking for "deve" to repair their roads.

This lady is an Abraka indigene and instead of Jollyjoy to be happy that of all the places that need address in Delta State, I chose Abraka, which is not even my home town, she is here grousing about what is bad, worse or worst.
I laugh in discontent. How unappreciative.
Most of them see the piece as a critique on DELSU and not and expository of Abraka baring it's lacunas and providing information!

What a shame on comprehension....
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by mzzzy: 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
The writer exaggerated everything.. I'm a student of DELSU (Dept of Economics).. I've been in Abraka for over 3 years.

The situation is not as bad as he portrayed oo....

Abraka is a favourite destination for domestic and
international tourism.It attracts numerous domestic
and international tourists. Abraka beach is famous
for its natural flowing spring water, and has
recreational facilities for outdoor activities like
canoeing, fishing, swimming, barbecue. Abraka Turf
& Country Club A private country club that has been
created to function at the highest levels of luxury
and guest satisfaction. Located in the exotic region
of Nigeria's Delta, Abraka Turf and Country Club has
taken on a leading role in the nation's leisure and
catering industry, and prides itself on its ability to
deliver exquisite services. The resort includes
perfect villas, chalets, and caters to high-end
clientelle that includes families, vacation seekers,
campers, as well as corporate groups. Abraka Turf
and Country Club comes fully equipped with state of
the art facilities and the outdoor activities include
golf, tennis, canoeing, kayaking, polo, horseback
riding,fishing and deep river diving.

https://www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraka

. Calm down. He's talking about the community that houses the school. I couldn't have agreed better with him, everything he said is the truth. Abraka needs help

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:

Most of them see the piece as a critique on DELSU and not and expository of Abraka baring it's lacunas and providing information!

What a shame on comprehension....

Extremely shameful.

DELSU, my own school again! They think I will come and kill my school online! I will even fight anyone who attempts to criticize DELSU!!!

Most dont understand simple English when I say this article is about Abraka and not DELSU!!! No wonder many fail examinations and blame it on witches and wizards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
nofij:
That Ekrejeta road is an eye sore.
I dont know the problem with abk sha but the electricity situation is not that bad. At least we still have the motel and several bars to cheer us up wink
Jollyjoy these are independent observers oh.... are they exaggerating also?
mzzzy:
. The light situation is really bad for a university environment. That's one of the reason I chose to stay in school hostel
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Kennydoc(m): 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

The pictures were taken between December 2013- Yesterday apart from the school picture. Believe me when I say that the pictures are a TRUE representation of the situation. Some were snapped just yesterday.
Meanwhile with or without pictures, have I lied about Abraka? Some of you didnt even READ. You just talk anyhow. Oh Please. You think you've stayed in Abraka more than me? I have been here for 20years+. My mum is from Urhuagbesa-Abraka, a place in Abraka without ROAD at all. Habve you been to Otorho? Or you think Abraka is just DELSU? See the article title, it is A TALE OF ABRAKA not A TALE OF DELSU. Please caution yourself. If you dont want development, I DO!!!!!!

You keep accusing people of not reading your post, how many people do you expect to truly read that long post? It's not even as if it contains information that would benefit majority of Nairalanders. Is there no way you could have summarised the article?
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:
Jollyjoy these are independent observers oh.... are they exaggerating also?
you never stilll sleep
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
Kennydoc:

You keep accusing people of not reading your post, how many people do you expect to truly read that long post? It's not even as if it contains information that would benefit majority of Nairalanders. Is there no way you could have summarised the article?
buhahahahahahahaha

are you serioushow did you manage to pass last semester examcheesy
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
mzzzy:
. Calm down. He's talking about the community that houses the school. I couldn't have agreed better with him, everything he said is the truth. Abraka needs help

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by rukkyland(m): 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

The pictures were taken between December 2013- Yesterday apart from the school picture. Believe me when I say that the pictures are a TRUE representation of the situation. Some were snapped just yesterday.
Meanwhile with or without pictures, have I lied about Abraka? Some of you didnt even READ. You just talk anyhow. Oh Please. You think you've stayed in Abraka more than me? I have been here for 20years+. My mum is from Urhuagbesa-Abraka, a place in Abraka without ROAD at all. Habve you been to Otorho? Or you think Abraka is just DELSU? See the article title, it is A TALE OF ABRAKA not A TALE OF DELSU. Please caution yourself. If you dont want development, I DO!!!!!!

Abeg no mind all these loud mouthed people wey dey yarn dust... den no wan talk true. I be come from Abraka but I no stay. I school for abk and graduated in 2008. OP.. you just gave a perfect description of Abraka that I knew years back(zero light, bad road, those days u fit sleep with two eyez close? no job opportunity, economic activities are only buoyant when students are on session.. the story too many abeg..

seven years later.. I visited abk just this August 2015.. oh boy nothing don change o. Abraka just be like stagnant water. I no just know Wetin dey happen.. like in Buhari's voice "what is happening here? ". .apart from the few changes in the university structures nothing significant has changed in my motherland.

even if our papa no fit do anything I believe say one day we children go come home come make things right.. Baba God take over. TWALE

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
Kennydoc:

Something as magnitudinous as this CANNOT be SUMMARISED!!! I even removed so many things so that people can read it. The draft I sent to Vanguard and other newspapers is much more longer!!!

We really need to check our reading culture in Nigeria. Most of these skirmishes on this thread are because people did not read the article but judged based on the pictures which are meant only to serve as a representation of the presented facts.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
you never stilll sleep
She concede... Happy to enlighten yourself ma'am....
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:

She concede... Happy to enlighten yourself ma'am....
i just dont like overflogging an issue when i know it wouldnt change anythingcheesycheesy
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
i just dont like overflogging an issue when i know it wouldnt change anythingcheesycheesy
Same here... Glad this one did...
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:

Just accept that you started commenting on a faulty proposition. There is no crime in that. All is well.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:
Same here... Glad this one did...
oooh,and what does it change
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
oooh,and what does it change
We both know love... tongue
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by clogogo(m): 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
oP stop selling wrong story about my Ex school ABK, i schooled at Abraka between 2006 - 2011 and i was there to collect my Result Just Last month, And it was better than when we where at that school Stop that Nonsense angry angry angry angry angry angry
fratermathy:

Meanwhile with or without pictures, have I lied about Abraka? Some of you didnt even READ. You just talk anyhow. Oh Please. You think you've stayed in Abraka more than me? I have been here for 20years+. My mum is from Urhuagbesa-Abraka, a place in Abraka without ROAD at all. Have you been to Otorho? Or you think Abraka is just DELSU? See the article title, it is A TALE OF ABRAKA not A TALE OF DELSU. Please caution yourself. If you dont want development, I DO!!!!!!
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
clogogo:
oP stop selling wrong story about my Ex school ABK, i schooled at Abraka between 2006 - 2011 and i was there to collect my Result Just Last month, And it was better than when we where at that school Stop that Nonsense angry angry angry angry angry angry

Freemanan, this one is saying ABK is his school. *scurries away* Thank God I went to DELSU o!

Mr Clogogo, my only advice for you is to read my article well sire! If you have something to say, counter me with facts and figures.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

Freemanan, this one is saying ABK is his school. *scurries away* Thank God I went to DELSU o!

Mr Clogogo, my only advice for you is to read my article well sire! If you have something to say, counter me with facts and figures.
He read only the caption!
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
@ OP, that picture you posted about the flood was not taken at Abraka. Ekrejeta road is bad, but not in that state, and looking at that picture I can see a walkway, there are no walkways on Ekrejeta road.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
ohnyore:
@ OP, that picture you posted about the flood was not taken at Abraka. Ekrejeta road is bad, but not in that state, and looking at that picture I can see a walkway, there are no walkways on Ekrejeta road.

I never said that was Ekrejeta road in my article, did I? When last did you go to Ekrejeta?

By the way, is the condition at Ekrejeta better than this?

Just to be clear, that picture was taken in Abraka!!!
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by rutemi: 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
Nonsense op......try to check it out before concluding,some things in the school has being upgraded......
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
rutemi:
Nonsense op......try to check it out before concluding,some things in the school has being upgraded......

In the school?

My friend, if you did not read the article, do not comment. We have treated this matter even in the comments. This article has nothing to do with DELSU!!! You think you are the only that has gone to DELSU. I finished from DELSU!

This article is about ABRAKA!!! DELSU is not ABRAKA. DELSU is IN ABRAKA.

Now please read my article and edit that nonsense you wrote.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Siena247(f): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godbless you@op for this writeup..You said it all. Abraka really needs help.i'm from there and visit often. Abraka is not it@all,its a forgotten place just because the government takes it as an opposition just because of chief Great Ogboru..I just hope d cry of the people will be heard soonest
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Kennydoc(m): 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
buhahahahahahahaha

are you serioushow did you manage to pass last semester examcheesy

Last semester exams? Are you for real? Did you see my moniker? Take a look at it again.
The post is long, especially for those who have little or no business with Abraka or Delta state as a whole. I read much longer posts here on NL, but I only read the ones that will impart knowledge and give me relevant information.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BRT Bus And Chicken Republic Trailer In Massive Collision / Man Reverses His Car From V.I. To Ikoyi In Lagos, See Reactions (Pics/Video) / Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.