Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

FIFA Presidency: Between Odegbami And Kalu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Presidency: Between Odegbami And Kalu (1046 Views)

Edem Offiong Weds Michael Odegbami. See Their Customized Wedding Cake (Pics) / Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency / FIFA Presidency : Fashanu Endorses Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Presidency: Between Odegbami And Kalu by robosky02(m): 10:17am On Oct 26, 2015
With a lot of curruption charges against the big wings in international football. the incubent (or should i say out going president) fingerd and has been mandated to step down.And also one of the biggest name Platini also been banned from football activity till the election is over.

African now has a big chance to take over power. first Issa Hayatou (camerounian) is now the acting president.
and for the election preper Africa has a bigger chance to win considering the number of nations in CAF compared to asia and sounth america.
Now in africa two main candidates have emerge Olusegun Odegbami and Orji Uzor Kalu both of whom are Nigerias.

while NFF has chosen Olusegun Odegbami, the out going FIFA president feels Orji Uzor Kalu is the man.

I feel NFF should not be hasty in its decision and to allow the two men to do a lot of canversing then one should finally step down for the other.

We stand on the sand of times, history becons on us to do the needfull. Nigeria can truely rule the world if we do it right.

Please give your take on who you feel should be the man for Nigeria leaving sentiment and tribalism. thanks

below is the profile of both men.

cc: lalasticlala, honeric01

Re: FIFA Presidency: Between Odegbami And Kalu by trapQ: 10:20am On Oct 26, 2015
I'd pick Odegbami. with the way Orji Uzor Kalu governed Abia state, he can NEVER be trusted because he's a thief and can steal the golden boot anytime.

On the other hand, Orji Uzor Kalu is fit to be the president cuz he's very powerful and more influencial. And who knows, his mother can use her witchcraft or voodoo to enable us win the world cup... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA Presidency: Between Odegbami And Kalu by robosky02(m): 10:23am On Oct 26, 2015
Patrick Olusegun Odegbami,

often shortened to Segun Odegbami (born August 27, 1952, in Abeokuta) is a retired Nigerian footballer who played as a forward. He's nicknamed Mathematical for his precise style of play. He was famous for running down the touchline with the ball to prevent opponents from getting it. Odegbami is regarded as one of the greatest Nigerian players of all-time.
Odegbami was brought up in the northern city of Jos, Plateau State. He won 46 caps and scored 23 goals for the National Team, and guided Nigeria to its first Africa Cup of Nations title at the 1980 tournament in his homeland. Nicknamed Mathematical, he was famous for his skill on the ball, speed and precision of his crosses from the right wing. He played for IICC Shooting Stars of Ibadan his entire career, from 1970 to 1984. His last game was the 1984 African Champions Cup final defeat to Zamalek of Egypt. The original source of the nickname "Mathematical" was because Segun Odegbami attended and was graduated from Nigeria's premier technical institution, The Polytechnic, Ibadan. He studied Engineering.
His younger brother, Wole Odegbami, is also a former national team player. He is currently a columnist in Nigeria. In 2007 Chief Segun Odegbami appeared on Nigerian Who Wants To Be A Millionaire hosted by Frank Edoho. He played a game for charity with the much loved Zebrudaya and donated all his winnings to The Little Saints’ Orphanage on the Strong Tower Mission.
In September 2015, former Nigeria national football team captain Segun Odegbami stated his intention to run for FIFA presidency
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segun_Odegbami

Re: FIFA Presidency: Between Odegbami And Kalu by robosky02(m): 10:26am On Oct 26, 2015
Segun Odegbami has declared his interest to run for FIFA's president. An election will
hold in Zurich Switzerland on February 26th 2016 to determine who will be the next President of the World Football governing body. A statement from 63 year old Segun Odegbami today September 1st, states that FIFA requires an individual who will come correct the reputation of the body following the recent scandal that rocked it

"Moving forward, FIFA thus require a new era of leadership that can restore the dignity of the noble sport and that of this esteemed international institution with global followership. To address the issue will demand that FIFA purges itself, launders its image, restores its reputation and reinstates integrity into its activities and operations. Times like this call for all concerned members of the global football family to contribute to the actualisation of renewed objectives for FIFA by electing a deserving and qualified person, with the right character that can achieve the desired goals and restore confidence and integrity to the organization and its activities. The world is very interested in who becomes the next President of FIFA, considering the present image and state of this institution and I see myself fitting into this role”.

http://www.naijaqueenolofofo.com/2015/09/segun-odegbami-of-nigeria-guns-for-fifa.html
Re: FIFA Presidency: Between Odegbami And Kalu by Starships4u(m): 10:43am On Oct 26, 2015
trapQ:
I'd pick Odegbami. with the way Orji Uzor Kalu governed Abia state, he can NEVER be trusted because he's a thief and can steal the golden boot anytime.

On the other hand, Orji Uzor Kalu is fit to be the president cuz he's very powerful and more influencial. And who knows, his mother can use her witchcraft or voodoo to enable us win the world cup... grin grin grin
I really enjoyed ur second paragraph.... That woman witchcraft can keep u at a place for 7days
Re: FIFA Presidency: Between Odegbami And Kalu by Icon4s(m): 12:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
Segun Odegbami looks younger in that suit than in that 1980 Green Eagles Jersey. He was like 28yrs when he wore that Green Eagles Jersey abi?. wink

I think Segun Odegbami is a better sports administrator. He will fit in better as d FIFA President. He is a calm and very tactful person unlike Uzor Kalu who is just like an average lousy Nigerian politician.

Uzor Kalu is more of a business Man. Can he handle football politics without the kind of gragra Nigerian politicians display?
Re: FIFA Presidency: Between Odegbami And Kalu by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
ideally, i would pick "the Mathematical one" Segun Odegbami cus he's more of a technocrat(thank u PMB). But realistically, hmm... If Africa really wants to have a say in world football politics(yes there is serious politics in world football), then it's Orji Uzor Kalu 4 me. Guy's a political Behemoth and can win tons of favours 4 d continent.

(1) (Reply)

Watch Video Highlights Of Mali V. Nigeria – Fifa U17 World Cup Chile 2015 / John Ogu Named Best Foreign Player In Israeli Premier League / Iwobi Joins Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar On Sportswear Giant Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.