Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? (1238 Views)

Lady Serves As Best Man At A Wedding Ceremony In Bayelsa State. Photos / Lady Puts Drinks In Her Bag At A Wedding. What's Wrong With The Photo? / Photo Of A Priest Kissing The Bride At A Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by ogedanny: 12:51pm On Oct 27, 2015

My name is Adeyemi Phillips and I am about to lose a woman I love and hope to get married to, all because her family are not being reasonable over their demands on our wedding.
I met Chinwe while we were in the university in Lagos and she is from the eastern part of the country while I am from the Yoruba speaking part of the west. We have been dating for over six years and this year, we decided to make our union formal by tying the knots.
We went for our introduction and it went smoothly and I had high hopes that the traditional marriage, the one they 'Igba Nkwu' would be as smooth but when the gave me a list of things to provide, I had to sit back and have a rethink. The items they requested was so much and ridiculous that one would think they are selling their daughter.
When my family and I sat down and made the calculations, it amounted to N2.2 million and that is far from the budget I have in mind.
My parents have advised me to look for a Yoruba girl to marry and forget Chinwe but I love her so much and do not want to lose her.
But my problem is that I cannot afford such an amount and even if I do, how will we start life as a young couple?
Adeyemi,

Source: http://pulse.ng/gist/morning-teaser-can-you-spend-n2m-on-a-wedding-id4297543.html

1 Like

Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
That's not up to 10000 USD but well, lesson for the Igbos to bring down the bride price so their girls don't getu lose true love.
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by hob(m): 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2015
Ewoooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by crazygod(m): 1:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
Dude its not easy to throw a relationship of five years away becos of expensive list. Just inform the girl and let them understand what u can afford.
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by slap1(m): 1:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
People spend more on a wedding ring. It depends on your budget. If it will upset your plans, don't do it. Wedding lasts for a day, marriage is forever! I'm an Igbo man, but my people need to calm down with this bride price thing.
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by Omotayor123(f): 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
Chai.. Sorry dear!
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by Aminat508(f): 1:21pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nawaooooo
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 27, 2015
Better thing na money make am

Igbo girl na better thing among other girls in Nigeria

If you want to comfort of Zenvo ST1, or Ferrari na your money.

If can not afford the cars because of the cost just manage GOLF 3 (N600,000)

If you no marry IGBO GIRL, You are missing alot.

1 Like

Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
Some guys still never get sense

You are the one spending the cash not her or her family. Cut your coat according to your size because people won't bring you guys food at home after the lavish wedding.

That's why I like oyinbo ppl

10 guest
Little drinks
Little food

And the wedding is over.
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
gassdon:

You spend 2.2million for her in marriage and she generate 10million for you in less than 4yrs in business.

can you explain the bolded further please ?
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by jamex93(m): 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2015
If u get d money
No problem

But if u no get d money

My guy big problem dey
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 27, 2015
agarawu23:
can you explain the bolded further please ?

Is your wife an Igbo girl?
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by joseph1832(m): 1:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
Ogedanny, please, I think you need to sit your wife to be down and have a very long talk with her. If she really loves you and wants to get married to you, she should have told her family to ease up on the list.

Imagine bro, think about it, just the list is 2.2 million, what will the wedding now cost? If you ask me, its outrightly outrageous. 2.2 million Naira price list equate the girls family want to sell their daughter.

If she refuse and tell you that her family's demand must stand, then I tell you to call it quits, because "prevention is better than cure". Even if you meet up with their demands there's nothing stopping them from demanding from you again when they have the need to. Trust me, bro, I have friends who are married to igbo girls and they're not smiling.

My advice to you is sit your wife to be down and let her communicate with her family, if she refuse, women still many for Naija!. Trust me on this. I know it is hard, but like I said, "prevention is better than cure".
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by joseph1832(m): 1:44pm On Oct 27, 2015
gassdon:

You spend 2.2million for her in marriage and she generate 10million for you in less than 4yrs in business.

Bros e be like say that weed wey you smoke don dey high you too much oh!.

1 Like

Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by killercute16(m): 1:44pm On Oct 27, 2015
Fairy tales
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 1:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
gassdon:

Is your wife an Igbo girl?
don't reply question with question
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by misspicy(f): 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
agarawu23 you are the man cheesy
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 2:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
misspicy:
agaraw u23 you are the man cheesy
you know trust me ni? cheesy
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by misspicy(f): 2:09pm On Oct 27, 2015
agarawu23:
i like ur views about marriage...just d proposal thing i dnt concur with...
u cool?
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 2:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
misspicy:

i like ur views about marriage...just d proposal thing i dnt concur with...

u cool?
yes
I can't kneel o
Intact the lady that will marry me is unlucky because I ain't romantic and I can't spend 2.2m for wedding wey ppl go eat clean yarsh. Some no go even gv u shishi talk less of gift wink
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by Omotayor123(f): 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2015
agarawu23:
yes
I can't kneel o
Intact [b] the lady that will marry me is unlucky because I ain't romantic[\b] and I can't spend 2.2m for wedding wey ppl go eat clean yarsh. Some no go even gv u shishi talk less of gift wink
Na wah ooo oo.
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2015
Omotayor123:

Na wah ooo oo.
gbabe wink
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by misspicy(f): 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2015
agarawu23:
yes
I can't kneel o
Intact the lady that will marry me is unlucky because I ain't romantic and I can't spend 2.2m for wedding wey ppl go eat clean yarsh. Some no go even gv u shishi talk less of gift wink
kikikiki you are funny...well marriage is not about the proposal tho buh i need me an humble and romantic man...

well pray u dnt fall into a situation where u will kneel and beg ur wife.....it happens to even the proudest men
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 2:34pm On Oct 27, 2015
misspicy:

kikikiki you are funny...well marriage is not about the proposal tho buh i need me an humble and romantic man...

well pray u dnt fall into a situation where u will kneel and beg ur wife.....it happens to even the proudest men
that's another case entirely.
I can kneel and beg her for forgiveness.
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 27, 2015
agarawu23:
mod ban u

No wondercheesycheesy
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2015
Incasecheesycheesy
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2015
Jollyjoy:
mod ban u

No wondercheesycheesy
yes. All these small boiz and girls wey no fit face me tell me rubbish go dey press ban button because they are mod.
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
agarawu23:
yes. All these small boiz and girls wey no fit face me tell me rubbish go dey press ban button because they are mod.
lollll u stil get mouthcheesy

u go go kukure soon ooocheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by ogedanny: 9:34am On Oct 28, 2015
its not me ooooooooooooo! Only saw it on Pulse.
Re: Can You Spend N2m On A Wedding? by Bellamakeovers(f): 10:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
Just let your fiancé know what you can afford and what you can't . Don't allow your relationship to just go because of her people
She can contact us for bridal makeup too
Our services are;
 Make over ( bridal, Photo-shoot, events, fashion/runway)
 Gele tying
 Fixing of false lashes
 Sales of makeup products

Facebook page: Bella makeovers IG: @bellamakeoversabj
Phone no: 08136842857
Whatsapp: 08157981167

(1) (Reply)

World Cancer Day (february 4, 2017) Commemoration By Team Hephzibah / Ex-corp Member Weeps In Court When Asked To Show Her Private Part / Another Word For Our Event Center Is......... "Ambience"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.