Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" (30618 Views)

‘My Wife & I': Ramsey Nouah & Omoni Oboli Turn Cross-Dressers In New Movie / Rita Dominic And Ramsey Nouah Star In New Movie About 1976 Coup D'etat [PICS] / Breaking News: See What ‘killed’ Ramsey Noah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" by jesussaves22: 7:29pm On Nov 14, 2015
Yes I remember our black and white television..
Re: Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 14, 2015
I remember Blood Money, Rattle Snake, Black Arrow, Violated, Daybreak, Set Up, Domitila, Glamour Girls, Mean Girls e.t.c

Those movies were the bomb of their time. That was when Nollywood was Nollywood cry

By the way, you can watch the original Living In Bondage here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr7wDcyoIsE
Re: Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" by spencekat(m): 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2015
Good move!
Re: Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" by chigoizie7(m): 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2015
Please I need the remake of "rattle snake" that is the only movie I can never get tired of watching.

Even if t will see the light of the day, I don't want any scene to be skipped from part one to last, they can even make it as a series as the movie is long.

I also want to see the likes of okey igwe and francis "ahanna",
Ann Njamanze "amara", julius agwu and ejike metu "peter".
Nkem owoh"odinaka", ernest obi "sango" bob manuel, "adaugo" "opuruiche" "chukwuemeka" "nancy" "bala" "egbe" the "Godfather" himself (that man voice too rugged).

And all those minor artists that really made the movie a block buster.

@least to remember the writer and the producer, "Amaka igwe" of blessed memory.

"Mbelede nyiri dike, mana mbelede meet'ie "snake", oji brake. "Okey igwe", u really need a re-entry into Nollywood, bros, u ve got some flows.

1 Like

Re: Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" by chigoizie7(m): 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2015
NnaaGuy:
I remember Blood Money, Rattle Snake, Black Arrow, Violated, Daybreak, Set Up, Domitila, Glamour Girls, Mean Girls e.t.c

Those movies were the bomb of their time. That was when Nollywood was Nollywood cry

By the way, you can watch the original Living In Bondage here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr7wDcyoIsE

How can I watch "glamor girls"? No be today Ngozi ezeonu begin act movie ooh.

Den, I need to get a clearer version of "rattle snake" from part1 to the last part.
Re: Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" by chigoizie7(m): 8:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Francis Agu, Bob-Manuel Idokwu, Kenneth Okonkwo, Tobechukwu, Jennifer Ossai, Emeka Ossai, etc were featured in almost all the movies like Living in Bondage, Taboo, etc in the early and mid 1990s.

Francis Agu of blessed memory. Tobechukwu Anadi, I still see that guy in onitsha.
Re: Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" by Eastlink(m): 8:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Francis Agu, Bob-Manuel Idokwu, Kenneth Okonkwo, Tobechukwu, Jennifer Ossai, Emeka Ossai, etc were featured in almost all the movies like Living in Bondage, Taboo, etc in the early and mid 1990s.
Big ups for you Orlando. See as you take mention the name of the actors as if na just yesterday you watch am. Even though you be Yoruba. Chai! I trowey salute Bros. Truly Living in Bondage was a classic.
Make I even sing that Taboo soundtrack take remember the 90's.
"Lekwe nu Jerry tuwara ralam o, La la la la la Lah, Jerry moh! Jerry moh! Jerry mohh!
Noslagic. Haha!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" by CaptPlanet(m): 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2015
It's been 23 years since living in bondage? I need to go and marry

1 Like

Re: Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" by abouzaid: 9:12pm On Nov 14, 2015
CaptPlanet:
It's been 23 years since living in bondage? I need to go and marry
lol, honestly.
Re: Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2015
smiley let's see how they would adjust the story line.
Re: Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" by Nobody: 1:53am On Nov 15, 2015
another classic should be rattle snake or state of energency
Re: Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:26am On Nov 15, 2015
Eastlink:
Big ups for you Orlando. See as you take mention the name of the actors as if na just yesterday you watch am. Even though you be Yoruba. Chai! I trowey salute Bros. Truly Living in Bondage was a classic.
Make I even sing that Taboo soundtrack take remember the 90's.
"Lekwe nu Jerry tuwara ralam o, La la la la la Lah, Jerry moh! Jerry moh! Jerry mohh!
Noslagic. Haha!
I thought some of the songs in Taboo are sung by Obinna (Kenneth Okonkwo) and his girl friend, Ijeoma who happens to be the daughter of the Igwe. *Obi ma mara obi oma, obi cheru mo na ngozi anyi were o bu chukwu ye re ayin o*

I've forgotten the name of the Igwe. I still remember him as the Commissioner of Police in Rituals that Desmond (Sola Fosudo) invited to his house to arrest him.
Re: Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:33am On Nov 15, 2015
chigoizie7:

Francis Agu of blessed memory. Tobechukwu Anadi, I still see that guy in onitsha.
Checkmate is the first film I saw Francis Agu, Ego Boyo, Bob-Manuel Idowu, RMD, Kunle Bantefa (Fuji House of Commotion) in.
Re: Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" by Nazcoj(m): 6:53am On Nov 15, 2015
Kenai:
Twenty-three years after the release of Nollywood hit epic movie ‘Living in Bondage’, award winning Nollywood Star Ramsey Nouah in partnership with entertainment entrepreneur Charles Okpaleke are set to produce the sequel to the flick that was the forerunner of the Nollywood phenomenon.

Okpaleke, CEO of Play Ent. Network, it was learnt, has already bought the rights from Kenneth Nnebue, the original producer and writer of the movie that changed the architecture of the home video industry in Nigeria.

Speaking on the remaking of the movie, Ramsey, who is an ardent advocate for New Nollywood, explained the need for a sequel of the movie.

“There is no way you will mention Nollywood without talking about Living in Bondage. It is the kickstarter for the industry I work in today. Its ability to appeal to everyone irrespective of their religious, cultural and social beliefs made it a huge success. The movie addressed issues that we couldn’t talk about then,” the actor said.

According to him, the movie Living In Bondage’s beauty lies in the language used which is understood by a certain part of the country, yet was watched by many.

“So why not bring back this great movie in our contemporary world? The film is a delight any day. People still talk about the way Kenneth Okonkwo killed his wife for money rituals and how he was tormented. Don’t forget the likes of Kanayo O. Kanayo and Bob Manuel Udokwu who intrigued us with their roles. All these made the movie a great hit and we are sure that the sequel will do better,” he assured.

Okpaleke also said having the rights to produce the sequel to Living In Bondage is a huge milestone.

“It’s not often that we visit our roots and bring the story in our present situation. Living in Bondage may have its flaws then but bringing those characters back to our present situation is really interesting and I’m sure it will spark up public discourse that will perhaps engineer growth and development in the industry,” Okpaleke stated.

In 1992, Kenneth Nnebue assembled a crop of talented actors including Kenneth Okonkwo, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Bob Manuel Udokwu and Okey Ogujiefor to deliver a production that tells stories that mirrored the myriad of issues confronting an average Nigerian and kick-started the film industry of today Nigeria.

Preparations are already in full swing to ensure that the production of the remake is not only smooth but also to record huge sales in the box office.
The movie is estimated to gulp millions of naira and will feature a robust cast that will bring magic to the screens.

http://newswirengr.com/2015/10/27/23-years-after-living-in-bondage-is-being-remade-and-ramsey-noah-is-behind-the-idea

please I am confused a bit. is it actually a REMAKE or a SEQUEL?
Re: Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" by joel4422: 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
Win!!! Win!!! Win!!! We bless God for a successful winning on
our weekend game. It's been great all the way, here
is our won ticket for the weekend fixed match.
I congratulate all my new and old subscribers winning for
the first time, now you can testify that fixed matches exist.
Straight up to our next fixed game which comes up on
wednesday. I encourage you all join our winning this
midweek and our games will be available with odds ranging
from 130 odds and 935 odds.
Interested subscribers should inbox me on facebook now or
add me up on whatsapp on:08032557731or call me now on
08032557731Your winning is always our priority. Stay
bless!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pavitra Rishta(divine Relationship) / BBNaija: Maria Nominates Six Housemates For Eviction / Nudity As A Netflix Programming Norm In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.