Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All (6984 Views)

Samsung Once Again Mocked Apple Iphone X With New Hilarious Video / #opinion Poll# How Blackberry Users Will Miss Whatsapp As It Ends This Midnight / How To Flash Your Android Phone Free Without Going To Engineers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by TechRez(m): 6:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
The failure of Samsung to meet sales expectation with the Galaxy S5 sent a negative signal, forcing Samsung to re-invent itself with the S6 Edge, an innovative device having two curved edge at both sides of the display. Although, this didn’t prevent Xiaomi from trouncing Samsung in China.

Samsung has already surrendered to OEM’s offering smartphones made from cheap internal components targeted at emerging markets. Now, BlackBerry looks like it’s going to give Samsung the final blow that will force it to drop a large chunk of its global dominance.

Xiaomi offers cheap smartphones as an alternative to Samsung phones, Apple matches Samsung with its highly specced iPhones while BlackBerry is set to “snatch” users who care so much about their privacy.

Fortunately, there are tens of millions of users who now consider privacy a big issue when it comes to interaction with mobile phones. This is where BlackBerry will lead a mobile onslaught on Samsung, and try to reclaim its lost glory.

Security
BlackBerry Priv will do everything that Samsung flagships does including the introduction of a new design element, an external qwerty keyboard and access to millions of apps on Google Play which plagued the fantastic BlackBerry OS 10.

The biggest talking point is that BlackBerry is going to offer its secure and manageable Priv on Android using its new BES12 device management system. This is simply a union between the most flexible OS and the most secure OS. Android is robust and flexible while BlackBerry OS 10 is the most secured OS to date.

BlackBerry’s success has been tied to a solid encryption. It is also said that its failure has been based on “too much” encryption. In 2014, former NSA lawyer Stewart Baker maintained that BlackBerry killed its self because of its rigid encryption policy. Baker also warned that Apple and Google could end up like BlackBerry if they continued their privacy encryption.

However, users have become more aware of how important it is to keep a tab on their privacy following a leaked document by former NSA contractor Edward J. Snowden, which exposed details of NSA surveillance programs to the press in 2013.

More Security

BlackBerry Priv will be totally different from Samsung flagships. If you are thinking you are going to flash the Priv by simply rooting the device, that’s going to be an exercise in futility. That will never happen! There won’t be easy access like every other droid device out there in the wild. The Priv comes with a verified Boot and Secure Bootchain ensuring that its dedicated embedded keys distinctively verifies every layer of the smartphone; hardware and OS to ensure they have not been compromised.

Literally, your data on the BlackBerry Priv is secure and locked down in a fortified defensive structure, a fortress!

Even More Security
BlackBerry Prvi also comes with FIPS 140-2 compliant full disk encryption and DTEK, raising its security to levels of previously unseen height.

DTEK is an in-Built BlackBerry app that helps you see which personal data is accessed by apps, how secure it is based on password strength, encryption settings and more.

BlackBerry has large following; fans who dumped the brand for droid devices might finally have a reason to switch camps. Clearly, BlackBerry’s first attempt with Android is a big deal.

However, this doesn’t mean BlackBerry has pulled the plug on its BB10 OS, but it does sends a strong message to every smartphone manufacturer, especially Samsung who recently “stole” the Priv’s physical keyboard idea on its S6 Edge Plus, that it’s not going to be business as usual. It is certainly going to be a bumpy ride.
http://www.techrez.com/this-is-how-blackberry-is-going-to-unleash-a-mobile-onslaught-on-samsung/

CC: lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by samsard(m): 6:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hahaha, that would have been perfect. But it would be very unlikely.
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Panshow(m): 7:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
The best bet for blackberry is to ditch their OS and go fully for Android. I'm sure this BB Priv will be a major determinant on how BB as a company will fare in the nearest future.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by wiseone28: 8:22pm On Oct 27, 2015
undecided if i can't change my imei am not buying

3 Likes

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by TechRez(m): 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2015
Panshow:
The best bet for blackberry is to ditch their OS and go fully for Android. I'm sure this BB Priv will be a major determinant on how BB as a company will fare in the nearest future.

I think what BlackBerry should have done with the BB10 0S, instead of side-loading Android apps is what Microsoft has done with Windows 10 Mobile.

Project Astoria and Windows Bridge for iOS (previously known as Project Islandwood) will easily port Android and iOS apps respectively to Windows Store, where users can download and install without stress.

BlackBerry's approach was rather archaic and it cost them a lot.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by paranorman(m): 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
TechRez:

I think what BlackBerry should have done with the BB10 0S, instead of side-loading Android apps is what Microsoft has done with Windows 10 Mobile.

Project Astoria and Windows Bridge for iOS (previously known as Project Islandwood) will easily port Android and iOS apps respectively to Windows Store, where users can download and install without stress.

BlackBerry's approach was rather archaic and it cost them a lot.
you're kinda right. Microsoft got on on the wrong foot jare, they just were so slow innovatively and paid the price. BB got 'stubborn', still surprised thy haven't gone the nokia way.
For the whites, security is a big deal and this's what BB can leverage and tap back into the stiff market.. As for Samsung, I pity'em. Every dom, dick and harry now manufactures andriod phones, competiition is stiff!

I see MS phone pushing limits anyway..

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by alotofgrace(m): 9:13pm On Oct 27, 2015
Security is key anywhere...
These days, you have apps monitoring you like witchcraft from the southern part otuoke.

I miss bb though, buh the fine too dry...I'll prefer they run a surface drod layer with RIM OS base

1 Like

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Joel3(m): 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
umm. OK. watching as things unfold...
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by iskalamong(m): 10:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
I smell front page.
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Ufranklin92(m): 10:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
undecided
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
What stupidity is this? Who wakes up and decides to write drivel like this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by TechRez(m): 10:36pm On Oct 27, 2015
Ufranklin92:
undecided
What's up buddy? smiley
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
with all these initia-garagara of bb,apple and samsung phones, the future of smartphone lies on the shoulder of "WINDOWSPHONES"
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
stardragon:
with all these initia-garagara of bb,apple and samsung phones, the future of smartphone lies on the shoulder of "WINDOWSPHONES"
Sleeping and typing is not good.
When you wake up and are sober review your post.

11 Likes

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
If someone is thinking that the priv will be secured to the extent of it not been able to be rooted, you will be joking. Dont be surprised if the device is hacked before launch date

8 Likes

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 27, 2015
Karmanaut:

Sleeping and typing is not good.
When you wake up and are sober review your post.
The merging of computer applications into phones will give windows phones an edge over other phones in future.
note: not now, maybe 5 to 6yrs coming, if u doubt me ask nokia hw fr!

1 Like

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by gangwolf(m): 11:22pm On Oct 27, 2015
Interesting
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Jbond(m): 12:35am On Oct 28, 2015
Karmanaut:
What stupidity is this?
Who wakes up and decides to write drivel like this?
Chineke, are you calling the OP an imbe? Or a driver? Lol.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by porrigeyam(m): 1:47am On Oct 28, 2015
Hmmmm priv as the security.... Other droid makes u d landlord or your phone....NB.as long as u ...update things online.. Eg..emails.Facebook.instagram.Twitter. Hangout. Google drive e.t.c nigger nothing about you is save....priv will prevent hackers from hacking ur phone....but can't prevent accessibility of ur data's stored/uploaded online.

5 Likes

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by TechRez(m): 2:09am On Oct 28, 2015
ollah1:
If someone is thinking that the priv will be secured to the extent of it not been able to be rooted, you will be joking. Dont be surprised if the device is hacked before launch date

You probably didn't read what I wrote.. I can't find why you are flexing your muscle. smiley
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by TechRez(m): 2:10am On Oct 28, 2015
porrigeyam:
Hmmmm priv as the security.... Other droid makes u d landlord or your phone....NB.as long as u ...update things online.. Eg..emails.Facebook.instagram.Twitter. Hangout. Google drive e.t.c nigger nothing about you is save....priv will prevent hackers from hacking ur phone....but can't prevent accessibility of ur data's stored/uploaded online.

Do you know the only smartphone the U.S president can use is a BlackBerry?

That's the answer to your doubt. smiley

5 Likes

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by TechRez(m): 2:13am On Oct 28, 2015
stardragon:

The merging of computer applications into phones will give windows phones an edge over other phones in future.
note: not now, maybe 5 to 6yrs coming, if u doubt me ask nokia hw fr!

It won't take up to 5-years. Android has reached its peak and it's saturated.

I can see a very bright future with Windows 10 Mobile.

3 Likes

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by porrigeyam(m): 3:43am On Oct 28, 2015
TechRez:

Do you know the only smartphone the U.S president can use is a BlackBerry?

That's the answer to your doubt. smiley
lol the more you look the less u see.
I won't say more than this to avoid argument. cheesy
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by attention007(m): 5:02am On Oct 28, 2015
ollah1:
Have you not wonder why US Pentagon, Senators official phone devices are BlackBerry? they have the most secured servers in the world. No news of hacking so far!

3 Likes

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 28, 2015
attention007:
Have you not wonder why US Pentagon, Senators official phone devices are BlackBerry? they have the most secured servers in the world. No news of hacking so far!

That is BB OS and it's more of an advance calculator.

4 Likes

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 28, 2015
TechRez:

You probably didn't read what I wrote.. I can't find why you are flexing your muscle. smiley

I read everything bro, this is open source. It will always be attacked and loopholes would be somewhere. Bb could be fast if fixing it and sending a patch but saying it won't be hacked at all, I doubt it. One company (BB) against million hackers. Lailai

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by TechRez(m): 6:15am On Oct 28, 2015
ollah1:

I read everything bro, this is open source. It will always be attacked and loopholes would be somewhere. Bb could be fast if fixing it and sending a patch but saying it won't be hacked at all, I doubt it. One company (BB) against million hackers. Lailai

That's why I had to bold some text, so the technology behind it won't be alien. Let's keep our fingers crossed anyway. How are you today? smiley
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Amosjaj(m): 6:31am On Oct 28, 2015
sos
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by acenazt: 6:31am On Oct 28, 2015
Going back to BB. I done taya for Android and Windows no just do me.
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 28, 2015
TechRez:

That's why I had to bold some text, so the technology behind it won't be alien. Let's keep our fingers crossed anyway. How are you today? smiley

Did I say I didn't read the bolded? Even if I don't really understand it, it's pure simple sentence to those guys behind the computers. Let's watch. I'm good, what about you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Retrieve Lost MTN Sim / Nobody's Talking About VIVO PHONES On Nairaland. Why?? / How To Activate 4GB Free Data With Just N100 On MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.