Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Father Alberto Cutie - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father Alberto Cutie (660 Views)

The Prophet (Beirut, Lebanon, 1983 Revisited) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Father Alberto Cutie by LissetteM: 5:05am On May 07, 2009
With all respect to others, Mother Church Teachings are to be respected but I feel there is nothing wrong in allowing our Priest to get married. One day this shall happen. Some of our Apostles were married. Yet, on fire to follow Christ. They took time to follow Christ, go through the Formation Christ gave them and I am sure they had time for their families. Maybe not like the time they enjoyed before but some time, I am sure. The Apostles lived an Apostolic life, on the road with Jesus Christ. Not much time for anything or anyone else.
Yet, like everything else, the Priest should be wise in choosing his bride. A worldly woman might take him astray, he might become lukewarm, away from his relationship with the Holy Trinity, becoming frigid to his Priesthood duties etc. I pray for that day that our Priest would be allowed to get married, a Sacrament is holy and ministered from Jesus Christ Himself. The focus is to follow the Lord and take care of souls, his wife and children if any. Yet, let's not forget his duties to the flock. Not easy, but Christ never said it would be easy. Either you get married or live a life of chastity but remembering our God loves the sinner not the sin! I am sure many might not agree with me but this is sharing my opinion and how I feel about this concern. It is worst to be sneaking around and make the front page and have giving the public something to gossip about. I pray we didn't loose such a great Priest like Padre Father Alberto Cuite, Thank you.
Lissete M. Dernier
Rochester NY
Re: Father Alberto Cutie by tpiah: 11:36am On May 07, 2009
It is worst to be sneaking around and make the front page and have giving the public something to gossip about. I pray we didn't loose such a great Priest like Padre Father Alberto Cuite

I'm with you on this one. undecided
Re: Father Alberto Cutie by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 07, 2009
mind you ,we also have married pastors that commit adultery,I dont really think that removing celibacy would end the problem.

(1) (Reply)

Fear / Sword Of God Spiritual Centre / What Is That Sin That You Just Cannot Overcome?share It And B Counselled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.