Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Why Does The Nigerian U17 And And U20 Always Do Better Than The SE? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Does The Nigerian U17 And And U20 Always Do Better Than The SE? (673 Views)

Nigeria U20 Women Get Cash Gift For World Cup Qualification / The 6 Nigerians Who Helped England Win The U20 World Cup(pics And Bio) / Photos From Nigeria's U23 And U20 Friendly Match In Abuja This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Nigerian U17 And And U20 Always Do Better Than The SE? by showafrica(m): 5:27am On Oct 29, 2015
My analysis is that the guys are curious and wants to be known hence their aggressive play.

Two.. because they are in their 20s, they have a whole lot of energy to go back and forth. I know how my energy have depreciated over the years. It could be the reason why our super eagles who are in their 30s wont achieve the world cup.

Three...they are not rich hence their obedience to the coach. The likes of Mikel and Inyama are not obedient.

Solution

let us use more of young guys in the Super eagle, if you would consider atlanta 96, you will understand what I am saying. Big names have failed, lets try something diffent. Should Siasia succeed, let us take those guys to the World cup and if they fail, let it be. I know some will still say world cup in not a small boy business, yes with a little mix up we will be close. The only time I think we were close to the world cup was in 94. Ask yourself, who were those guys...Amokachi, Amunike, Finidy and co before that very world cup tournament. If i am siasia, I will surely start trying something different.

Who has something else to add, may be Oliseh is reading.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Nigerian U17 And And U20 Always Do Better Than The SE? by donttouch: 5:33am On Oct 29, 2015
Still thinking about it
Re: Why Does The Nigerian U17 And And U20 Always Do Better Than The SE? by IamPatriotic(m): 5:39am On Oct 29, 2015
The only reason they seem doing well is because they're usually up against the opponents they're older, and stronger but necessarily talented than.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Nigerian U17 And And U20 Always Do Better Than The SE? by Swaggzkid: 6:19am On Oct 29, 2015
In omawumi's vioce...."if you ask meee....na who i go ask?

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Nigerian U17 And And U20 Always Do Better Than The SE? by Empredboy(m): 7:40am On Oct 29, 2015
It's because they are older, 'experience' than and stronger. Now look as the trend when this same set of players get to the senior level their counterparts in other countries too would have gained a lot of football ideology which make them strong, truly experience and tactical. That's why we can never produce WORLD FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian U17 And And U20 Always Do Better Than The SE? by showafrica(m): 11:09am On Oct 29, 2015
IamPatriotic:
The only reason they seem doing well is because they're usually up against the opponents they're older, and stronger but necessarily talented than.

Our dear super eagles who are still older and stronger, can't win any tournament.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian U17 And And U20 Always Do Better Than The SE? by IamPatriotic(m): 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
showafrica:

Our dear super eagles who are still older and stronger, can't win any tournament.

They can't win because they are playing against better players who are often times not as old the super eagles players, I bet you, with early discovery, good football academy program and consistent preparation, these boys you called u17 who actually are in their late twenties will compete well with any senior national team of any country better than those aging, tired and overrated men currently playing in the super eagles.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Nigerian U17 And And U20 Always Do Better Than The SE? by showafrica(m): 3:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
IamPatriotic:

They can't win because they are playing against better players who are often times not as old the super eagles players, I bet you, with early discovery, good football academy program and consistent preparation, these boys you called u17 who actually are in their late twenties will compete well with any senior national team of any country better than those aging, tired and overrated men currently playing in the super eagles.

This is my point, you nailed it. .....lol at late 20s....I don't think they are all in their late 20s. Most of them are between 20 and 25

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Barcelona 3 - 0 BATE [champions League] Highlights 2015/16 / Do Barcelona Still Need Messi? End Of Messi's Reign at Barca? / James Vardy Receives Guinness World Records Certificate For His Goal Scoring Rec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.