Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

RELIGION; The Opium Of The Masses. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RELIGION; The Opium Of The Masses. (1599 Views)

Religion Is The Opium Of The People , Who Stands To Gain? / Religion....the Opium Of The Masses / Religion The Opium Of Masses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RELIGION; The Opium Of The Masses. by dinxy(f): 11:09am On Oct 29, 2015
The truth be told karl Marx the honourable philosopher and economist did no make a mistake when he referred to religion as the ‘OPIUM OF THE MASSES'. It is the easiest avenue to exploit the masses, and they still force a smile on their hungry and depressed faces because they believe, their good deeds (giving) will be rewarded by a said supreme being in heaven or paradise.

In our nation today d religious leaders are even more exploitative than the political leaders. Religious leaders live d best lives, have several exotic rides (jets,cars,yatch)…they eat the best meals, live in the best houses, their children go to the best schools while their beguiled followers who are their sources of income live wretchedly in hope of a better future in paradise or heaven.

Religion indeed is the OPIUM OF THE MASSES and most of our religious leaders are AMBASSADORS OF POVERTY with their heads abroad and their anus at home.

fellow nairalanders, seek for the worship of the TRUE GOD and don't follow blindly after the religion because in it u find no satisfaction.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RELIGION; The Opium Of The Masses. by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 29, 2015
Religion is no longer a needed opium. people are desperately poor and illiterate and stupid so they seek the cover of equally evil pastors and MOGs

2 Likes

Re: RELIGION; The Opium Of The Masses. by johnydon22(m): 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
[b]My only problem with religion is that it makes people comfortable with not knowing.

It discourages questions and doubt in order to uphold sheepish unfounded belief in unsubstantiated assertions.

Shatters the masses in order to give them hope from the despair of its own makings.

Sells you imaginary solutions to imaginary problems.

Vies to replace gaps left by ignorance with unfounded assumptions that outrages reason and study.

Makes the masses to accept they are broken, weak and therefore needs saving.

Preaches the neglect of our home in order to sell to the masses wishful hopes of shadow.

Worst of all relies on threat of torture and abusive indoctrination for continuity.

Make people think that to have a belief means morality ...

In all of this, isn't better we judge our progress by the coursge of our questions and the depth of our answers and our ability to embrace what is true through consistent study and systematic deduction other than what feels good stemming from our imaginations
[/b]

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: RELIGION; The Opium Of The Masses. by oaroloye(m): 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2016
SHALOM!

During the 19th Century, the Oyinbos still removed all the Essential Commandments from The Gospel, then marvelled that they could not get the same results that the Ancient Saints had reported.

They then came up with the brilliant deduction, that since God did not respond to their wicked truncation of His Gospel, He must not really exist.

During the time that they reached this conclusion, they had built empires on Invasion, Mass Murder, Enslavement, Fraud, and Blasphemy.

They wanted God to ignore all that, and Talk with them as equals.

Why should that happen?
Re: RELIGION; The Opium Of The Masses. by EyeHateGod: 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: RELIGION; The Opium Of The Masses. by hopefulLandlord: 8:37pm On Oct 05, 2016
lol

1 Like

Re: RELIGION; The Opium Of The Masses. by eyidaythedon(m): 8:45pm On Oct 05, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

During the 19th Century, the Oyinbos still removed all the Essential Commandments from The Gospel, then marvelled that they could not get the same results that the Ancient Saints had reported.

They then came up with the brilliant deduction, that since God did not respond to their wicked truncation of His Gospel, He must not really exist.

During the time that they reached this conclusion, they had built empires on Invasion, Mass Murder, Enslavement, Fraud, and Blasphemy.

They wanted God to ignore all that, and Talk with them as equals.

Why should that happen?
That is because there were never results ancient or modern....
Re: RELIGION; The Opium Of The Masses. by eyidaythedon(m): 8:51pm On Oct 05, 2016
No one could be mre precise in showing the illogicalities, stupidity and the building of false hope in people than the Genius Marx and his predecessor Fewerbach. Read the essence of christianity by Ludwig A. Fewerbach for more clarity on the illogicalities of religion.
Re: RELIGION; The Opium Of The Masses. by johnydon22(m): 9:07pm On Oct 05, 2016
eyidaythedon:
No one could be mre precise in showing the illogicalities, stupidity and the building of false hope in people than the Genius Marx and his predecessor Fewerbach. Read the essence of christianity by Ludwig A. Fewerbach for more clarity on the illogicalities of religion.

Fela our very own did a lot of justice to that - I always play this music "Suffering and smiling"

here are the lyrics read and digest..

Africans, please listen to me as Africans
And you non- Africans, listen to me with open mind
Suffer , suffer , suffer , suffer , suffer
Suffer for world
Na your fault be that
Me I say : na your fault be that
I want you all to please take your minds
Out of this musical contraption
And put your minds into any goddamn church
Any goddamn mosque
Any goddamn Celestical
Including Seraphoom and Cheruboom
Now, we are all there now
Our minds are in those places
Here we go

[Chorus ]
Amen !

Suffer , suffer for world
Enjoy for Heaven
Christians go dey yab
" In Spiritum Heavinus "
Muslims go dey call
" Allahu Akbar"
Open you eye everywhere
Archbishop na miliki
Pope na enjoyment
Imam na gbaladun

[Chorus ]

Archbishop dey enjoy
Pope self dey enjoy
Imam self dey enjoy
My brother wetin you say ?
My brother wetin you say ?
My sister wetin you go hear ?
My sister wetin you go hear ?
Archbishop dey for London
Pope dey for Rome
Imam dey for Mecca
Archbishop dey for London
Pope dey for Rome
Imam dey for Mecca

[Chorus ]
Amen !

My people them go dey follow Bishop
Them go follow Pope
Them go follow Imam
Them go go for London
Them go go for Rome
Them go go for Mecca
Them go carry all the money
Them go juba Bishop
Juba Pope
Juba Imam
Then them go start to yab themselves :
[Fela starts chanting in mock- Latin /Arabic]

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: RELIGION; The Opium Of The Masses. by Niflheim(m): 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2016
@dinxy,

Karl Marx was only trying to warn them of the dangers ahead, but rather than be grateful to him(post-humously), they preferred to label him as a Devil-Worshiper and an Agent of Lucifer!!! But on the other hand, the pastor who tells christians to eat live snakes(uncooked and unboiled) and drink petrol(unsubsidized and underegulated) is labelled a saint and a hero!!!

If Stupidity were an Olympic Sport..............................................the christians will win the gold medal every single time!!!
Re: RELIGION; The Opium Of The Masses. by Scholar8200(m): 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2016
Niflheim:
@dinxy,

Karl Marx was only trying to warn them of the dangers ahead, but rather than be grateful to him(post-humously), they preferred to label him as a Devil-Worshiper and an Agent of Lucifer!!! But on the other hand, the pastor who tells christians to eat live snakes(uncooked and unboiled) and drink petrol(unsubsidized and underegulated) is labelled a saint and a hero!!!

If Stupidity were an Olympic Sport..............................................the christians will win the gold medal every single time!!!
Thanks a lot for this! cheesy. It's one of those many compliments. The thread speaks of religion but it was gracious of you to single out the Christians (what a privilege to be one!)
Re: RELIGION; The Opium Of The Masses. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:50pm On Oct 10, 2016
Niflheim:
@dinxy,

Karl Marx was only trying to warn them of the dangers ahead, but rather than be grateful to him(post-humously), they preferred to label him as a Devil-Worshiper and an Agent of Lucifer!!!

Karl Marx's ideology led to death of over 250 million people , so the joke is on you undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Have Prayed And Noting Is Happening / Jesus is a Living Ideology; Jesus is The Software Of God. / Photo Gallery For Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.