Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom (573 Views)

Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks / Two Women Fight Each Other To Show Who's In Charge In Their Compound. Photos / Taxify Driver Batters A Woman By Not Addressing Him As "Eh" In Yoruba (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by neolboy(m): 9:53am On Oct 30, 2015
Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State has rejected the title of Acting Governor, saying that he’s still the number one citizen of the state.
Udom said it is misleading for people to address him as acting governor as a result of the nullification of election in 18 out of the 31 local government areas by the Election Petitions Tribunal

A statement by the state Commissioner for Information and Communication, Mr. Aniekan Umanah yesterday, said: “It is unfortunate that a section of the media are unaware of the salient provisions of the 1999 Constitution regarding election and inauguration of governor of a state, talk-less of the 2011 Electoral Act.

Umanah recalled that the Akwa Ibom Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal, which sat in Abuja directed Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct a rerun election in 18 local government areas of the state within 90 days.

“This does not mean that the office of the governor is vacant, as the tribunal also confirmed Emmanuel as governor,” he continued.

“The Electoral Act specifically provides that in a situation such as we have now, the governor remains in office until he exhausts all appeal windows available to him.

“The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that sponsored the governor has indicated its intention to appeal the judgment of the tribunal. While the case runs its course, the governor remains in office, contrary to the falsehood by a segment of the press, serving the interest of the opposition,” the commissioner added.

source:dailypost.ng/2015/10/30/stop-addressing-me-as-acting-governor-im-still-in-charge-of-akwa-ibom-udom/

Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by neolboy(m): 9:54am On Oct 30, 2015
let them know
Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by rusher14: 9:56am On Oct 30, 2015
AG - Acting Governor.

Holla!

grin grin
Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by Hawlahscho(m): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2015
O boy! see pink lips.

Mo fo fun man yi on behalf of my sister. wink

let me wait here for those who'll later shout GAY
Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 30, 2015
I.T governor
Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by neolboy(m): 10:06am On Oct 30, 2015
londongal03:
I.T governor
why nah
Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by jullary(m): 10:07am On Oct 30, 2015
You are not acting governor! U are caretaker governor grin
Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by Naijacard: 10:08am On Oct 30, 2015
Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by rottennaija(m): 10:18am On Oct 30, 2015
neolboy:

Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State has rejected the title of Acting Governor, saying that he’s still the number one citizen of the state.
Udom said it is misleading for people to address him as acting governor as a result of the nullification of election in 18 out of the 31 local government areas by the Election Petitions Tribunal

A statement by the state Commissioner for Information and Communication, Mr. Aniekan Umanah yesterday, said: “It is unfortunate that a section of the media are unaware of the salient provisions of the 1999 Constitution regarding election and inauguration of governor of a state, talk-less of the 2011 Electoral Act.

Umanah recalled that the Akwa Ibom Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal, which sat in Abuja directed Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct a rerun election in 18 local government areas of the state within 90 days.

“This does not mean that the office of the governor is vacant, as the tribunal also confirmed Emmanuel as governor,” he continued.

“The Electoral Act specifically provides that in a situation such as we have now, the governor remains in office until he exhausts all appeal windows available to him.

“The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that sponsored the governor has indicated its intention to appeal the judgment of the tribunal. While the case runs its course, the governor remains in office, contrary to the falsehood by a segment of the press, serving the interest of the opposition,” the commissioner added.

source:dailypost.ng/2015/10/30/stop-addressing-me-as-acting-governor-im-still-in-charge-of-akwa-ibom-udom/

Tell him that his industrialization is of no use when daily, street and roads are spoiling inside town. I'm not referring to those that where not even done before, I'm referring to those that where getting bad.

Unless of course he expects his investors to by fly helicopter around town

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Opinion. I Feel Been Cheated After Moths Of Hardwork / For Those condemning prayers For Paris / Crazy Wife Baths Neighbour With Hot Oil, Pours Hot Water On Her Husband (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.