Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

15 Things Muslims Should Avoid Doing On Social Media - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 15 Things Muslims Should Avoid Doing On Social Media (1042 Views)

Why Muslims Should Visit Cemeteries Regularly - Salihu Ajetunmobi / Why Muslims Should Never Have To Apologize For Terrorism - By Omar Alnatour / Sunnahs Muslims Should Seriously Begin To Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

15 Things Muslims Should Avoid Doing On Social Media by denigma2(m): 7:23am On Oct 31, 2015
Social media is a great tool to spread valuable and inspiring information. While there’s a part of me that has been shaped around its use, I noticed few things that are inappropriate due to people using it. While the growth of social media continues to expand, I hope that Muslims start using social media properly. I’m not generalizing Muslims, but I’ve seen a lot who use social media inappropriately and this list is based on what I encountered.

Here are 15 things people should stop doing on social media.

1. Posting about your voluntary deeds such as fasting, and charity works

2.Bad mouthing the people who owe you money

3. Posting a picture of others’ without their permission

4. Complaining about your job or your life

5. Bad mouthing your leaders or bosses

6. Making your account private to post hijabless photos

7. Sharing how much money you make

8. Posting a status with an intention of indirectly hurting someone

9. Sharing fake/hoax articles or fabricated ahadith

10. Posting updates about your relationship with your spouse

11. Bragging about your achievements

12. Making other believe that you are living a perfect life

13. Exposing the sins or flaws of others or those of yourself

14 Getting into arguments

15. Using other people’s content as your own

There are a lot more to add on this list and this is just few of the many things we do on social media. I recommend that we all evaluate the way we use our accounts online and start implementing social media etiquette in accordance to Islam. We are who we are online.

So be the Muslim you are, on and offline.

Source: TheMuslimBricks.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Christian Man Sees Prophet Muhammed In His Dream And Accept Islam (vid) / Violence In Islam: A Classical Understanding / Am Confused*what Do I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.