Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,082 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances (46580 Views)

5 College Staff Die In Abia Over Salary Arrears / Kogi To Pay Workers Four Months Salary Arrears Next Week / Increment Of Workers Salary Will Reduce Corruption – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by iliyande(m): 11:47am On Oct 31, 2015
The Secretary-General , Association of Senior Civil Servants of Nigeria (ASCSN), Comrade Alade Bashir Lawal, has said the Federal Government is planning to pay workers salary arrears and allowances.

In a statement issued on Monday, Comrade Lawal, who is also a member of the Presidency’s Panel on Bailout for Federal Public Servants, said the outstanding benefits owed thousands of public servants would be paid soon.

He said the benefits included salary arrears, promotion arrears, first 28th days allowance on transfer from post, repatriation allowance and allowance for mandatory training organised by the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF) in 2010.

He said the union had written series of letters to President Muhammadu Buhari as President-elect and since he assumed office on May 29, intimating him of the outstanding salaries and allowances.

Following this, he said, the President on September 14, through the OHCSF ordered MDAs to compile names of affected officers within seven days.

“Members of the Committee that worked on the salary arrears issue were drawn mainly from the Federal Ministry of Finance, Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity and ASCSN,” he added.

The ASCSN scribe explained that the Committee had pleaded with the Presidency to accept as supplementary the list from few other MDAs that could not meet the seven-day deadline for the submission of names of affected officers.

He added that a memorandum was forwarded to the President on the completion of the assignment on bailout for public servants in the MDAs.

“We must also express gratitude to the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity, Dr Cement Illoh, the Chairman of the Panel, for the able manner he steered the affairs of the Committee.

“In particular, our special thanks also go to President Buhari for directing the compilation of the arrears and allowances of the Federal workers. We urge him to continue to play his fatherly role by directing the release of needed funds so that these outstanding salaries and allowances can be paid in the next few weeks in order to put the entire sordid story behind us,” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/fed-govt-set-to-pay-workers-salary-arrears-allowances/
Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by asvpChuu(m): 11:48am On Oct 31, 2015
Mtcheew... I was listening to dej loaf. cool
Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by Aminat508(f): 1:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
Please check this link,Light need your help

https://www.nairaland.com/2517785/save-light-great-fighterPlease
Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by dave2meek(m): 1:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
Buhari is yet to fulfill any of his campaign promises...
Change ko change ni

16 Likes

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by fulaniHERDSman(m): 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
Good one

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
K
Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by Drsheddy(m): 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
Would you like to give your life to JESUS today?? Says this prayer and you will be safe.

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe You are the Son of God and died to forgive me of my sins. I know I have sinned. I ask You to forgive me. I turn from my sins, and I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. I want to live for You the rest of my life. Amen."

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by UlqU3(m): 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2015
We hear
Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by AdeniyiA(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
Good one...but, I am only interested in "government has started" and not "set to" paying workers... undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
PMB........a listening President! This is what GEJ couldn't do in 5 years because his croonies were busy stealing public funds and left no remnants for the poor civil servants.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by kayo80(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
Okay cool. I pray they pay me my gratuity now.
Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by sosodevf(m): 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
Less talk
Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by PassingShot(m): 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
Note that these are arrears owed by GEJ's regime.

And some nitwits will come online to tell us how the economy is not doing well under PMB forgetting that GEJ had already fvcked the economy up long time.

There is God oooo.

20 Likes

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by seunmsg(m): 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
Kudos to the president for showing concern to the plight of federal civil servants. He should please pay the money before the end of November.

7 Likes

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by Precious91(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
Good one.A labourer is worthy of his wage.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
Drsheddy:
Would you like to give your life to JESUS today?? Says this prayer and you will be safe.

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe You are the Son of God and died to forgive me of my sins. I know I have sinned. I ask You to forgive me. I turn from my sins, and I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. I want to live for You the rest of my life. Amen."

SATAN IS THE TRUTH AND LIGHT. AND YOU DON'T NEED TO GIVE YOUR LIFE TO HIM. ONLY ZOMBIES AND VAMPIRES TAKE PEOPLE'S LIVES.

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by Splashme: 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
as
Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by seangy4konji: 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
Beautiful.
Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by MrImole: 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
When will they pay our ministry?

"kásùn kájí Nigeria enterprises"

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by josh005(m): 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
When actually are they paying? In weeks time, in weeks time could be next year, let them just give us a date..am tired of this weeks time same old news.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by abbaapple: 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
Mttscheeww old news! Make dis man bttr do somting b4 hunger kill som gov. Workers! Act not tlk joor!
Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
and this is news, is it not their obligation to pay salaries again...? mtchw
Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by Kyase(m): 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
dave2meek:
Buhari is yet to fulfill any of his campaign promises...
Change ko change ni
How many did gej fulfilled in 6 years

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by springtech(m): 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
This is really interesting. My President is waorking.

#iamspringtech

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by blackpanda: 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
Abeg make dem pay o... civil servants are seriously suffering. imagine civil servant earning 50k a month - u will eat, pay sch fees, house rent, medicals, transport - all from the 50k

And they said people should not steal shocked sad

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by BE811APP: 2:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
I voted for Change oo...
But mhen, it hasn't been easy...

I have not seen Salary in 2 months..

When will things pick up

Buharis Body language and Body language has discouraged Spending..

Now private businesses are crashing..

I hope things pick up oo...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by sondetoks: 2:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
Make dem pay dis stuff now or do the placement first.
Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by Jobabori(m): 2:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
[quote author=sonOfLucifer post=39548360]

SATAN IS THE TRUTH AND LIGHT. AND YOU DON'T NEED TO GIVE YOUR LIFE TO HIM. ONLY ZOMBIES AND VAMPIRES TAKE PEOPLE'S LIVES.
Jesus came purposely because of people like you. He loves you. He cares for you and that is why he dies for you. Repent from your sin and follow him

4 Likes

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by Drsheddy(m): 2:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Holy ghost Fire..

9 Likes

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by yaskarahyelhope(f): 2:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
PassingShot:
Note that these are arrears owed by GEJ's regime.

And some nitwits will come online to tell us how the economy is not doing well under PMB forgetting that GEJ had already fvcked the economy up long time.

There is God oooo.

Shat d Bleep up. Wat makes U think that d money wasn't made available? Idiats who deceived demselves coz of shangy!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances by Emu4life(m): 2:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
9ce move

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Green Snake Chases New Magistrate Out Of Court Chamber In Lagos / Onoja Joy: Kogi Female Traffic Warden Goes Viral For Good Reason (photos) / Lagos State Is Recruiting For Primary School Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.