Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

The Story Of A 'SWEET' Examination Malpractice - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Story Of A 'SWEET' Examination Malpractice (6077 Views)

The Story Of Victor Banjo / Top 5 Books By Wole Soyinka: The Tale, The Story And A Must Read / Is MMM Really Back (the Story Of A Participant) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of A 'SWEET' Examination Malpractice by adeagbo101(m): 11:57am On Oct 31, 2015
Ok. I know you must have been swayed by the 'TITLE' of this short story. But hey, what I would really appreciate  is someone's fair critique of the tale to help a N'lander write better. Thanks in advance.                                                                               In what appears to be the first day of the West African Examination Council Exam, students from all across the geographical areas of the state scrambled to settle into their afore-assigned seats in my high school examination hall.  Test takers and teachers alike were  dripping off the sweat of their glands as it seems to be a very sunny Monday morning.                                                                                               'It's quite a privilege to be writing what i hope would be my final high school examination at such a tender age' I said quietly, as i try to strife my way down to where my seat is. Although I feel nervous, it wasn't all into my head. I had promised not to be mad at myself if unfortunately I didn't make my results;  After all, I still have a schooling calender year to complete my high school education, I thought to myself as I proceed to balancing my butt on my seat.                                                                                                 Beside me  in number 011 I noticed, was a charming young lady with a thinly shaped eyebrow, purple eyeballs and a eyelid laced with east-african kohl and fringed with jetty eyelashes; her face, bright of blee and her breast, the size of an even pomegranate, were firm and upright.                                  She seems to be in the same situation as, I suspect we all are; nervous, with just a little difference.                                                                              I observed her encrusted face becoming pale. And her, beginning to shiver at the sight of a proctor. At first, I didn't know exactly how to interpret this.  My innocence wouldn't let me. 'it could be fever' I said mutely as I proceed to taking my test.                                                 About 20 minutes into the test and just in time for me to look forward and reflect on some points to put down in my booklet, my eye caught with that of Mr ajao our proctor who's been playing what supposedly could be called 'tough'; Banishing 6 students from the test hall about 16 minutes into the test. I wasn't sure what he's looking at.  I guess he's wondering why a boy as juvenile as I would be writing his final examination so soon. He must be very impatient I suspect he'd say to himself.                                                                                         As I continue to reflect on what to write, I couldn't help but notice how shade, the girl next to me have been trying to avoid eye contact with the invigilators. She seems to have completely buried her face into her booklet. shaking mercilessly at the creep of a closer sound.                                                                                                 What could be wrong with this lady? could she have had any medical conditions that could have warranted this sudden fever? Why then does the fever spring up only when the invigilators are nearby ?                                                                                             I continue to pounder on these when I noticed she seems to have completed question number 60 while I'm still stuck on question 26! I quickly start to duck my head trying to get back into my test.  just then did I hear the voice of Mr ajao calling out on somebody.                                              'You!' he screams , moving swiftly towards our direction.                                                 'where is the cheat?', he asked, using his hands to scour every corner of shade's seat in search of evidence.                                      'Sir, I'm not...', shut your mouth you corrupt...ehr! 'what is this?' he said, lifting up a broken kola-kola sweet 'wrap' containing an inscription of the answers to today's questions.                                                                   'No o,I'm not...', 'you are not what?' i said quickly in a very quiver voice, as I stood to pick out the inside of my pockets, portraying my innocence.                                                                     I can't recall ever witnessing any examination malpractice growing up. my school is too strict to even want to  take the risk so we would rather not engage in it. However as it turns out, i forgot we weren't all from the same school. The lady from my beside in what looks like a  glamorous entry, gladly walked in, all shiny and blooming minutes after she squeezed what I suspected to be a piece of a thousand Naira note into the hands of the proctor to continue with her test.                                                                                                     As I relate my ordeal to two of my friends that night at home, the only response I got was a bulging mirth and 'that's just the way it is!'                    .
Re: The Story Of A 'SWEET' Examination Malpractice by ValentineMary(m): 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

The Seige: A Short Story / The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid / 50 Books To Read Before You Reach 50 + DL Links

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.