Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,218 members, 7,811,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise (7971 Views)

Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII / Best Cclass Benz Cars At Best Prices (TOKUNBO,) #08096577304 / Make Your Choice Of Cars,buses And Truck From Cotonu Using Ckcarmat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise by bassEQ2000: 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
A friend of mine is planning visiting apapa berger to buy a tokunbo car. He has fallen victim to all these cotounu car guys,but now prefers to pay and pick his car instead of waiting endlessly ans entrusting a total stranger with one's asset.Is there any danger,will he get a good deal.please advice
Re: Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise by jgbemson1: 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
no danger ,since u are going there in person
Re: Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise by fyneboi79(m): 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
I have never liked going to Cotonou to buy a car and then waste quarter of the cars life trying to smuggle past some officials on d road. Berger yard is better if only u state that u want a Tincan cleared car cos cotonou smuggled cars plenty for berger o.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise by bravolad(m): 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
bassEQ2000:
A friend of mine is planning visiting apapa berger to buy a tokunbo car. He has fallen victim to all these cotounu car guys,but now prefers to pay and pick his car instead of waiting endlessly ans entrusting a total stranger with one's asset.Is there any danger,will he get a good deal.please advice

There are two major concerns when buying at Berger; rampant odometer rollback and prevalent incidence of smuggling of car from Cotonou with doctored documents as being cleared at Tincan. However, a vin report & document confirmation at customs post at Grimaldi will help you avoid this.

This two occurrence makes it mandatory for one to be extremely cautious while buying from there.
Re: Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise by ElRazur: 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2015
Abeg more advice and input o. Me sef dey watch and read this with keen interest. I have Cotonou on my mind but I am no longer sure if it is worth it.
Re: Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise by obiak4(m): 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
Would have recommended a car dealer here but am not that close to him now and you knw business men they change like weather
my advice is this never go with physical cash,vim number check very important,
Re: Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise by vani86: 11:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
obiak4:
Would have recommended a car dealer here but am not that close to him now and you knw business men they change like weather
my advice is this never go with physical cash,vim number check very important,

There is a car i have d vin and want to check. Pls Whats d best way to check it ?
Re: Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise by obiak4(m): 2:53am On Nov 01, 2015
vani86:

There is a car i have d vin and want to check. Pls Whats d best way to check it ?
would advise you get a mechanic with eletronic/computer scan machine to go with u
value for money in the long run
Re: Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise by ataspray(m): 7:07am On Nov 01, 2015
bassEQ2000:
from frying pan to ermmm, lets say hot water
problem isnt totally eliminated because most of d cars at apapa berger are frm cotonu
but risk is minimized as u pay for ur car and drive off (could be with forged documents sha grin)
Re: Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise by ataspray(m): 7:10am On Nov 01, 2015
ElRazur:
Abeg more advice and input o. Me sef dey watch and read this with keen interest. I have Cotonou on my mind but I am no longer sure if it is worth it.
personally, d only gud thing about cotonu is VARIETY. i repeat, VARIETY!
naturally, with variety in cars, comes variety in price too
but going to cotonu solely because u want 2 get a car for cheap, i sorry for u
i hate those agents that always claim dey cn do it 4 cheaper
Re: Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise by bassEQ2000: 7:44am On Nov 05, 2015
N.a. wao,the apapa BERGER car mkt is infested with hungry huslers,u know that kind of scary looking guys that harrass you at the motor park looking for passengers for transporter who in turn pay them commission.That is what is obtainable at the market.Hefty looking ibo guys Will decend on u as u are even coming down from the bus.The place is riskier than Syria.I rest my case o
Re: Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise by idu1(m): 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2015
bassEQ2000:
contact calculux to give you clean car....
Re: Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise by Explorers(m): 6:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
bassEQ2000:
N.a. wao,the apapa BERGER car mkt is infested with hungry huslers,u know that kind of scary looking guys that harrass you at the motor park looking for passengers for transporter who in turn pay them commission.That is what is obtainable at the market.Hefty looking ibo guys Will decend on u as u are even coming down from the bus.The place is riskier than Syria.I rest my case o

Riskier than syriagrin
Re: Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise by Coolcash1: 9:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
bassEQ2000:

grin
Re: Buying Of Cars At Apapa Berger.Is it Wise by ultrazone(m): 4:55am On Mar 21, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Salvage King. Vehicles That Runs And Drives Only Pre-order From USA today! / 2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 4MATIC *Cotonou Clean cars* / Tokumbo 2001 Toyota Corolla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.