Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

What Is The Best City In Nigeria To Start A Music Career? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Is The Best City In Nigeria To Start A Music Career? (2566 Views)

Things You Should Do Now To Begin Your Music Career / How To Make Money On A Music Blog Via Affiliate Marketing (learn It Here FREE!) / Nairalander 'gavdee' Kicks Of His Music Career With Stunning Promo Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best City In Nigeria To Start A Music Career? by steady986(m): 9:26am On Nov 01, 2015
I've been doing a lot of background checks and inquiries lately on the Nigerian Music industry. There's one thing for sure, Lagos is the go to city when it comes to pursuing a career in music. But for someone like me who has no connection what so ever in Lagos, and no family there as well, what other Nigerian cities would you recommend for me to really push my music career? I have a few cities in mind which I know I can settle in easily because of my connections there. They are Calabar, Enugu and Abuja. Pls which of these cities is best for me? And if you have other options please let me know so that I could consider them. I'd really appreciate your advice.
Re: What Is The Best City In Nigeria To Start A Music Career? by Cutehector(m): 9:33am On Nov 01, 2015
Kano
Re: What Is The Best City In Nigeria To Start A Music Career? by adonbilivit: 9:35am On Nov 01, 2015
steady986:
I've been doing a lot of background checks and inquiries lately on the Nigerian Music industry. There's one thing for sure, Lagos is the go to city when it comes to pursuing a career in music. But for someone like me who has no connection what so ever in Lagos, and no family there as well, what other Nigerian cities would you recommend for me to really push my music career? I have a few cities in mind which I know I can settle in easily because of my connections there. They are Calabar, Enugu and Abuja. Pls which of these cities is best for me? And if you have other options please let me know so that I could consider them. I'd really appreciate your advice.
from the three u mentioned, Enugu is your best option. there are lots of music studios, well known artists and producers In Enugu. Enugu is a very good place to start your music career especially if your music is more appealing to those that understand Igbo.
Re: What Is The Best City In Nigeria To Start A Music Career? by StepTwo: 9:39am On Nov 01, 2015
Birnin-Kebbi
go there and thank me lata
Re: What Is The Best City In Nigeria To Start A Music Career? by jaybanfa(m): 10:01am On Nov 01, 2015
In ascending order from best to least in my 'expert' opinion the first position would go to Enugu, justification would be on grounds of having alot of oriental exports unto the national stage. Abs would come in next considering big platforms like Audu Maikori's choc city have a footprint in the thriving federal capital. Calabar for me is a no brainer, cos I'm upcountry folk don't know who has emerged from the city. U are most welcome OP!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best City In Nigeria To Start A Music Career? by steady986(m): 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
adonbilivit:
from the three u mentioned, Enugu is your best option. there are lots of music studios, well known artists and producers In Enugu. Enugu is a very good place to start your music career especially if your music is more appealing to those that understand Igbo.
Noted
Re: What Is The Best City In Nigeria To Start A Music Career? by steady986(m): 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2015
adonbilivit:
Noted
Re: What Is The Best City In Nigeria To Start A Music Career? by Faculty14(m): 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2015
I tink Enugu will be nice for you since u have more connection there.
But I would have advice jcity esp if u a really good rapper..I.e rap in eng
But if u rap mainly in Igbo I advice u stay in Enugu

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Music Distribution Services 2018 / Wizkid - Wonder Lyrics / Download Eru Olorun Bami Music Sheet In PDF And MP3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.