Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

VALUE: Inestimably Invaluable (this Might Make Your Day) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / VALUE: Inestimably Invaluable (this Might Make Your Day) (532 Views)

5 Classes Of People To Value / Practical Guides On How To Become Productive With Your Day. / TGIF: Ten Funny Interview Answers And Work Quotes To Spice Up Your Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VALUE: Inestimably Invaluable (this Might Make Your Day) by psalm1man(m): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2015
It all boils down to VALUE. Yeah! The world will ignore and almost relegate anything but VALUE. VALUE is vital, self-expressive and indispensable. It is like "mene mene tekel upharsin" which was visible to the blind and audible to the deaf in biblical times (Thanks Prof. Obiagbon).
You can try to fake VALUE, but when it comes along, the difference will be clearly seen (just like the Finnish NOKIA and our darling Chinese NOKLA). Lol

While growing up in my home town Abeokuta, I used to think Olumo Rock was famous because of its height. My Myopic (or better put, my ignorant) self thought the rock was the heightest in the world.

When I added a little number in age and started moving around, I encountered more intimidating rock which are nearly as high as the celebrated Olumo but in obscurity and uncelebrated. My inquisitive nature took a better part of me and I wondered why only Olumo was known.

It wasn't long before I discovered that Olumo Rock wasn't the tallest (thanks to my Education pursuit). I encountered a giant hill, maybe a mountain along the Ogbomoso road En route Ilorin. And for the rest of the journey, I was thinking why this particular mountain (which was obviously taller than Olumo Rock) not famous.

Few years after this, fate took me to the north eastern part of the country (The nature's gift to the Nation). My oh my, I saw enough hills, rocks and mountains, all with varying shapes, sizes, styles and heights. I saw a large Rock held in place by a tiny rock, I saw mountains with awesome flowers portraying great horticultural prowess, I saw landscapes with breathtaking architectural designs. Yet, none of them is as famous as Olumo Rock. Hence making my already perturbed mind more disturbed.

However, just recently, the insight to the question that had disturbed me for long popped up. All these gigantic rocks, 'beautiful, handsome and pretty' rocks, well shaped rocks and exquisitely styled mountains didnt gain significance simply because they have not rendered any VALUE. #Simple.

During the pre-colonial era, Olumo rock played a huge role in protecting the Egba people from invaders, it was believed to posses healing powers, it also afforded the Egba soldiers better view for firing their enemies. Hence helping the Egba to win all their wars. Talk about VALUE!. The only distinguishing factor ( what we call USP in business) of Olumo Rock are the VALUES it has provided.

So guys, VALUE is the 'koko'. Its not about how huge you are (Lamido Sanusi na shortie o), its not by the face ( Bill Gates is not so cute like that), its not by your fashion sense ( have seen better fashionista than Alex Ekubo and Nadia Buhari who are worthless) and its not by shape ( you see Buhari with muscles so?). It all about the VALUE we can offer. People will forget many things about you but not the VALUE you added to them. Respect, Fame and Wealth respond to VALUE. Look deep and check for VALUE that will set you apart from about the 7billion 'rocks' of people in the Globe. #Chikena

Have a great week ahead wink

1 Like

Re: VALUE: Inestimably Invaluable (this Might Make Your Day) by momentum85(m): 12:23pm On Nov 01, 2015
Wow! U just made my day!

1 Like

Re: VALUE: Inestimably Invaluable (this Might Make Your Day) by psalm1man(m): 1:33pm On Nov 01, 2015
momentum85:
Wow! U just made my day!

Am glad cool
Re: VALUE: Inestimably Invaluable (this Might Make Your Day) by siralos135: 1:36pm On Nov 01, 2015
Great one bro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Acquiring The Fundamental Life Skills To Excel In Career&Business this Dec5,2015 / Barr. Ben Penciled Down As The Minister Of Power, Works And Housing / Help:course In Management Science With Future Prospect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.