Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

White People, What Are You Doing Here? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / White People, What Are You Doing Here? (1227 Views)

What Was The Craziest Thing Your Mom Caught You Doing? / Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? / Things Your Parents Wouldn't Approve Of You Doing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White People, What Are You Doing Here? by Swissess(f): 8:31pm On May 09, 2009
Nairaland Forum: Home of Nigerians and Friends of Nigeria

But some people are still wondering, what we are doing here. wink

As for me, I am here because I am married to a Nigerian and I am hoping to find some answers to some questions. Or just to understand better, how Nigerians think, what bothers them, what is important to them, I find it very enlightening and interesting to read here and learn about your points of view.

smiley

this is a global world! why should white people not write on Nairaland?

Swissess
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 09, 2009
you are absolutely free to join us here. Take care of our brother is all we ask.
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by manmustwac(m): 8:38pm On May 09, 2009
davidylan:

you are absolutely free to join us here. Take care of our brother is all we ask.
And learn how to cook his native dishes speak his language and most importantly make sure u go church on sundays. smiley wink
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by agabaI23(m): 8:41pm On May 09, 2009
Did anybody ask you the question you used as thread title or you just thinking we think the way whites think when they see a black in their neighbourhood?

Feel free, Nigerians are friendly and you would have seen that in your hubby.

We are very good to strangers.
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by Swissess(f): 8:43pm On May 09, 2009
agabaI23:

Did anybody ask you the question you used as thread title or you just thinking we think the way whites think when they see a black in their neighbourhood?

yeah, I came across somebody 'wondering' what we are looking for here. grin
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 09, 2009
agabaI23:

lol good point. grin
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by Swissess(f): 8:46pm On May 09, 2009
davidylan:

lol good point. grin

no, it's not a good point. it's an assumption.

because I don't think white people do just think the way you think they think. . .
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 09, 2009
Swissess:

no, it's not a good point. it's an assumption.

because I don't think white people do just think the way you think they think,

dont blame us for thinking such, i'm sure many black folks have been in situations where you're the minority in a predominantly white environment and they all look at you like they're trying to ask if you lost your way.
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by Secretz(f): 8:50pm On May 09, 2009
davidylan:

abi!!  grin

@ poster, If you want to learn how to cook proper authentic nigerian food, then am your woman. . . .  please I am a strict teacher, so no nonsense. I will also teach you how to greet your man (on your knees), how to fast and pray, how to apologise and all the necessary requirements.  tongue

Other than this, you are welcome, but I have to find you a nigerian name . . . . preferrably Yoruba.  tongue  grin
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 09, 2009
Is Secretz yoruba?
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by agabaI23(m): 8:55pm On May 09, 2009
Poster i have been to club where I was the only black guy. i was new in the neighbourhood. All eyes turned my way like 'what he is he doing here?
So don't even go there.
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by Secretz(f): 8:56pm On May 09, 2009
davidylan:

Is Secretz yoruba?

Yes my dear, and you? grin
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 09, 2009
Secretz:

Yes my dear, and you? grin

sure. I'm scratching my head as to why we havent met all these while.
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by invisible2(m): 8:58pm On May 09, 2009
White people are welcome here, feel free pls.
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by Secretz(f): 9:01pm On May 09, 2009
agabaI23:

Poster i have been to club where I was the only black guy. i was new in the neighbourhood. All eyes turned my way like 'what he is he doing here?
So don't even go there.

dAMN!  tongue

davidylan:

sure. I'm scratching my head as to why we havent met all these while.

wellllllllllllllllllllllll, don't go on like you haven't seen me around! tongue
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by Swissess(f): 9:03pm On May 09, 2009
agabaI23:

So don't even go there.

hey, it happens to me as well! if I am in Nigeria, I am usually the only white person around. and people give me a lot of attention! sometimes even too much. no, they're not unfriendly, but it still makes me feel a little uncomfortable sometimes.
and when I go to club, I am stared at all night long. grin
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 09, 2009
Secretz:

wellllllllllllllllllllllll, don't go on like you haven't seen me around! tongue

lol i plead the fifth on that one . . .
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by tubabie(f): 9:07pm On May 09, 2009
Swissess:

Nairaland Forum: Home of Nigerians and Friends of Nigeria

But some people are still wondering, what we are doing here.  wink

As for me, I am here because I am married to a Nigerian and I am hoping to find some answers to some questions. Or just to understand better, how Nigerians think, what bothers them, what is important to them,  I find it very enlightening and interesting to read here and learn about your points of view.

smiley

this is a global world! why should white people not write on Nairaland?

Swissess

You are welcome! wink cheesy
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by Secretz(f): 9:09pm On May 09, 2009
Swissess:

hey, it happens to me as well! if I am in Nigeria, I am usually the only white person around. and people give me a lot of attention! sometimes even too much. no, they're not unfriendly, but it still makes me feel a little uncomfortable sometimes.
and when I go to club, I am stared at all night long. grin

well my dear that's to be expected, even when I go to nigeria, I too get stared at   tongue   I don't know why considering i'm Black Nigerian. hmmmmmm  grin

davidylan:

lol i plead the fifth on that one . . .

Wharreva! tongue
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by invisible2(m): 9:19pm On May 09, 2009
What does the fifth say, non disclosure?
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by yme1(f): 1:32am On May 10, 2009
every body are all welcome

again nah una be seun undecided cheesy grin
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by prittigrrr(f): 1:54pm On May 10, 2009
The 5th Amendment to the US Constitution gives one the right to not incriminate onself. For example "I refuse to answer and plead the 5th Amendment because such answers may incriminate me."
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by prittigrrr(f): 1:59pm On May 10, 2009
@ Secretz, I also can do with cooking lessons. I only know 1 dish. When we marry, will have to get up to speed. My honey already gave me a Yoruba name, though. Ope.
Re: White People, What Are You Doing Here? by Secretz(f): 4:05pm On May 10, 2009
prittigrrr:

@ Secretz, I also can do with cooking lessons. I only know 1 dish. When we marry, will have to get up to speed. My honey already gave me a Yoruba name, though. Ope.

Just 1 dish? Lol, which one is that then?
Awwww, Ope. . . . very nice. grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Husbands Beat Their Wifeys? / Ladies, Wisen Up!!!!!!! / Dangote Giveaway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.