Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,970 members, 7,825,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? (30307 Views)

Ini Edo Stuns In Blue Dress For Honourable Desmond Elliot’s Inaugural Reception / Desmond Eliot Looking Like Papa Ajasco / Desmond Eliot Vs Morris Chestnut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by tpiah: 6:16pm On May 11, 2009
nethacker:

u r ryt but i strongly disagree with u, prove it grin

because my boyfriend's sister's ex fiance's cousin's girlfriend's name last name was Salvador, and her great great grandfather's mother was originally from Costa Rica.

ThiefOfHearts:

who told you? wink

nairaland. cheesy
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by nethacker(m): 6:20pm On May 11, 2009
tpiah:

because my boyfriend's sister's ex fiance's cousin's girlfriend's name last name was Salvador, and her great great grandfather's mother was originally from Costa Rica. shocked shocked
nairaland. cheesy
shocked
u r good in history, but ur mouth no go kill u grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by tpiah: 7:07pm On May 11, 2009
nethacker:

shocked
u r good in history, but ur mouth no go kill u grin grin

gosh, you old ids new user names are so annoying!!!!!!!

comot for road abeg!

cant stand male gbeboruns. undecided
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by nethacker(m): 7:03am On May 12, 2009
tpiah:

gosh, you old ids new user names are so annoying!!!!!!!

comot for road abeg!

cant stand male gbeboruns. undecided
shocked shocked
Madam no be fyt now grin grin i like u thats y i love u mmmmuuuuuuaaaaaaa kiss
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by wunmilyn(f): 1:16pm On May 12, 2009
u are all wrong!!!!!!!

he hail from kastina, tongue cheesy
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by tpiah: 4:28pm On May 12, 2009
wunmilyn:

u are all wrong!!!!!!!

he hail from kastina, tongue cheesy

nice photo but wetin be under the sea?

You know how naijas fear mammy wata grin
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by tpiah: 4:30pm On May 12, 2009
nethacker:

shocked shocked
Madam no be fyt now grin grin i like u thats y i love u mmmmuuuuuuaaaaaaa kiss

as you know say I get mouth, dont let me descend on you sha.

Go play elsewhere.
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by geolabious(m): 7:43pm On May 12, 2009
abakaliki
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by AloyEmeka9: 5:05am On May 13, 2009

Whats wrong with the combination,  Yoruba no dey marry calabar?
Help me ask that crackhead called tpiah. Everything to her must surround tribalism.
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by acidrop(f): 5:34am On May 13, 2009
lol yoruba and calabar, hahahahaahahahhaahhaha
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by naliakar: 5:52pm On May 17, 2009
I will tell you. He is a brother to the uncle of my untie's friend's grandmother's son who is igbo. there, SEE
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2009
@ OP,
Desmond is Yoruba. His father is Yoruba, his mother Igbo and his wife Akwa-Ibom.
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by mamagee3(f): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2009
He's Mixed-tribal, his mother is Igbo
His father is Yoruba
. tongue
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by ezeagu(m): 12:08am On Dec 27, 2009
Who thought resurrecting this thread was a good idea. He's a Lagosian (ex slave descendant), he has no ethnicity, hence the 'Elliot'.
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by ezeagu(m): 12:10am On Dec 27, 2009
naliakar:

I will tell you. He is a brother to the uncle of my untie's friend's grandmother's son who is igbo. there, SEE

Your Great Uncle is Igbo?
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by Nizoral(f): 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2009
Hey hes lil sis is here he is 4rm delta true oh!
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by sjeezy8: 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2009
I think he is a lagosian or from Ogun state of slave descent with an igbo mother, i think from delta state.

The guys father is most likely a Lagosian or ogun and they have been politically and ethnically reffered to as yoruba.
They even have political groups such as the "Eko pioneers" headed by Mr. L.O.T. Adamson, Femi Pedro former lagos state deputy govenor,Bank W wellington BODE GEORGE etc. . . . . .

so i would call him a lagosian with an igbo mother as most lagosians are mixed anyway
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by Nobody: 1:26am On Dec 29, 2009
his father is Yoruba therefore he's Yoruba.

end of story.

He said he chose the name Desmond because he didnt want people to evaluate him based on tribe, but if he's aiming for political office in the future then he definitely has to use one of his ethnic names based on which locality he'll be aiming for grin

His other names are Sola and Emeka

@aloy emeka angry angry
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 29, 2009
ezeagu:

Who thought resurrecting this thread was a good idea. He's a Lagosian (ex slave descendant), he has no ethnicity, hence the 'Elliot'.

so assuming in the far future, your grandkids or great grandkids who were born and raised abroad (is that where you are?) go to your hometown, would your townspeople be correct in telling them they have no ethnicity? Lets assume they were told about their great grandpa named Ezeagu in family folklore.

Elliott may not be his original family surname anyway. He probably has a Yoruba last name which he doesnt use but which may be known to his relatives.

If na somebody wey test im DNA come claim your hometown you wont be saying he has no ethnicity.
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by ezeagu(m): 3:57am On Dec 29, 2009
tpia.:

so assuming in the far future, your grandkids or great grandkids who were born and raised abroad (is that where you are?) go to your hometown, would your townspeople be correct in telling them they have no ethnicity? Lets assume they were told about their great grandpa named Ezeagu in family folklore.

Elliott may not be his original family surname anyway. He probably has a Yoruba last name which he doesnt use but which may be known to his relatives.

If na somebody wey test im DNA come claim your hometown you wont be saying he has no ethnicity.

Well if the person doesn't know whether they really are from the place they claim, how can they be sure of their ethnicity without DNA?
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by Nobody: 3:59am On Dec 29, 2009
ezeagu:

Well if the person doesn't know whether they really are from the place they claim, how can they be sure of their ethnicity without DNA?

family folklore perhaps?

if your great grandkids were told by their grandma of someone named ezeagu from somewhere around the bight of bonny, would they be wrong in assuming they have roots there?

I know the truth hurts but that's not my fault.
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by ezeagu(m): 4:04am On Dec 29, 2009
tpia.:

family folklore perhaps?

if your great grandkids were told by their grandma of someone named ezeagu from somewhere around the bight of bonny, would they be wrong in assuming they have roots there?

I know the truth hurts but that's not my fault.

Well you can look at it that way, but the fact that somebody is answering the surname 'Eliot' shows me the person is not fully connected to the 'family'.
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by Nobody: 4:18am On Dec 29, 2009
ezeagu:

Well you can look at it that way, but the fact that somebody is answering the surname 'Eliot' shows me the person is not fully connected to the 'family'.

well, you're wrong.

People change their surnames for various reasons.

He said he doesnt want to be evaluated based on his ethnic affiliation, so that could be one reason why he sticks to only English names.

Being a lagosian with a Portuguese last name doesnt cancel your ethnicity anymore than being Ijaw with a Scottish last name does.

However, like I mentioned before, if he's interested in political office, then he'll have to identify with his roots one way or another. Obama did that and it didnt hurt him.
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by FAIDATH: 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2009
DESMOND HAIL FROM LAGOS,OLOWOGBOWO PRECISELY. HIS FULL NAMES ARE DESMOND OLUSHOLA DANJUMA ELLIOT. HE IS A LAGOSHJIAN
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by ezeagu(m): 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2009
tpia.:

well, you're wrong.

People change their surnames for various reasons.

One of them being that they're ashamed of their real African names, or don't have the courage to drop their brand label slave name.

tpia.:

He said he doesnt want to be evaluated based on his ethnic affiliation, so that could be one reason why he sticks to only English names.

And you believed that? He honestly didn't think that African or no African name, Nigerians will find out his ethnicity? So what about 'Rita Dominic' is she doing the same thing?

tpia.:

Being a lagosian with a Portuguese last name doesnt cancel your ethnicity anymore than being Ijaw with a Scottish last name does.

Well it pushes you away a bit, and someone has written his full name anyway.

tpia.:

However, like I mentioned before, if he's interested in political office, then he'll have to identify with his roots one way or another. Obama did that and it didnt hurt him.

True.
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2009
FAIDATH:

DESMOND HAIL FROM LAGOS,OLOWOGBOWO PRECISELY. HIS FULL NAMES ARE DESMOND OLUSHOLA DANJUMA ELLIOT. HE IS A LAGOSHJIAN

dont forget Emeka.
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by HIO4: 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2009
I know that nucca, he coo.
he be actin' a lil slow tho'
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2009
ezeagu:

One of them being that they're ashamed of their real African names, or don't have the courage to drop their brand label slave name.

And you believed that? He honestly didn't think that African or no African name, Nigerians will find out his ethnicity? So what about 'Rita Dominic' is she doing the same thing?

Well it pushes you away a bit, and someone has written his full name anyway.

True.

is rita dominic from a mixed background like him?

He wasnt trying to hide his ethnicity to the best of my knowledge.

People change their names for various reasons- it doesnt mean they're ashamed of the name.

besides, he also said he's from a polygamous home so all this may have been a contributing factor.
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by ezeagu(m): 11:13pm On Dec 29, 2009
tpia.:

is rita dominic from a mixed background like him?

He wasnt trying to hide his ethnicity to the best of my knowledge.

But thats what you said he was doing, hiding his ethnicity so no one would 'judge him' off of that? And a mixed background has nothing to do with it.

tpia.:

People change their names for various reasons- it doesnt mean they're ashamed of the name.

besides, he also said he's from a polygamous home so all this may have been a contributing factor.

Yeah. . . . . . . sure. . . . . . .
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 29, 2009
^^ I never said he was hiding his ethnicity oh. You were the one saying he has none because he's from lagos and has an English name.

he said he doesnt want to be related with on the basis of ethnicity.

Big difference.

A mixed background has everything to do with it since you were comparing him with Rita Dominic. Is she mixed?

It wasnt about judging him per se- he's simply going with what works for him. People cant all be the same.

Politics, however, is a different matter where such things are concerned.
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by anonymous6(f): 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2011
To tell you the truth I always thought Desmond Elliot was igbo all the way & he is a good actor, his name influenced it but because based on his character and the way he acts, he seemed to have the mentality or persona of a igbo man; it was until I was corrected on this forum that his father is Yoruba that I found out he was half Yoruba but to be real many Yoruba's don't really know him because many don't watch the English Nollywood industry but Yoruba Nollywood industry(or if they do not so much), and the only one they are aware about that is Yoruba even though she hasn't been in many Yoruba movies in Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, and her name helps them realize it but when they do find out or even know who he is as a actor they don't call him Yoruba, many people that do know who he is as a actor think he is igbo(I know it's assumption but they assume that because of the way he acts is similar to igbo men; It's not a bad thing I'm just being real here). To me I think he is mixed now but has the persona of a igbo man & his wife is not even Yoruba or igbo, so I don't think it's fair to call him just Yoruba. When I think of Yoruba men I think of Yinka Quadri, Taiwo hassam, Mr. Latin(stage name), Jide Kosoko and etc not Desmond Elliot(he doesn't have the persona of a Yoruba man). So I disagree with Tpia, many Yoruba's will not just look a him as solely Yoruba but mixed, especially behind closed doors. I know a family like that and both my parents & the Yoruba's I know call them igbo or mixed but not solely Yoruba(even though the Yoruba side is from the paternal side of the family).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Elliot
Re: 'desmond Eliot', Where In Nigeria Is He From? by mukoloAndy(m): 8:23am On Jan 17, 2013
[quote][/quote][quote author=invisible!]From the south eastern part of the north western part of the country![/quot
e]

Kihihihihi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Regina Askia In New Stunning Photos / Daniella Okeke Blasts Moesha Buduong, Stephanie Otobo Over Suleman Sex Scandal / Victoria Kimani Glorifies God With Racy Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.