Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? (19197 Views)

Step By Step On How To Start Your Own Blog With Blogger 2017 / Create Your Own Blog/business Website Today / How To Set Up Your Own Blog To Help You Make Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Chibuzoc(m): 12:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
A blog is basically an online journal wherein you can digitally write down your thoughts, ideas, opinions and practically anything that you want people to read. Blogs come in different styles, formats, and settings, depending on the preference of the user. Many blogging sites, offer built in features such as hyperlink, straight texts, pictures etc. Some blogging sites, even allow you to put video and mp3's on your blogs.

Instead of writing texts, some bloggers choose to make their blogs more audio friendly, by using spoken word entries. This is called audio blogging.
Basically a blog contains these features:
Title- which allows you to label your post
Body- this is the content of your post
Trackback- other sites can be linked back to your blog
Permanent link- every article that you write has a URL
Comments- this allows readers to post comments on your blog.
One of the advantages of blogging, is that it is made of only a few templates. Unlike, other websites that is made up of numerous individual pages. This make it easier for blog users to create new pages, because it already has a fix setting that include: slots for title, body of the post, category, etc.
This is especially useful for first time users, since they can start blogging right away. They can chose from a number of templates that blogging websites provide.
Anyone who wants to start a blog can do so by becoming a member of a blogging website of their choice. Once they've become members, they automatically become a part of that particular blogging community. They can browse through other bloggers pages, and link them back to their own blogs. They can also make comments on other members' blogs.
Blogging is not just limited to personal usage. There are a lot of blogs that follow a theme such as: sports, politics, philosophy, social commentary, etc. These blogs espouse on their specific themes. This way blogging becomes a medium in which people can share their knowledge and opinions about a variety of themes and topics.
Some bloggers even use their blogs as a means to advertise. Some authors advertise their books on their blogs. While other bloggers, use their blogs to shed light to currents issues, events, news and catastrophes.
Nowadays in education, blogs also play an important part. Professors use blogging to document the lessons that they have discussed and taught. This way, students who have missed classes, can easily catch up with their assignments.
A lot of entrepreneurs benefit from blogging by promoting their businesses on their blogs, with millions and millions of people logging onto the net every day, blogging has become a lucrative move. Some bloggers who run online businesses promote their products online. While others profit through advertisement.
But by far, the most popular blog type is the one that takes the form of a personal journal. This is the kind that is usually used by first time bloggers. Individuals who want to document the daily struggle of their everyday lives, poems, rants, opinions, find that blogging offers them a medium in which to express themselves.
Bloggers usually communicate within themselves. This is one of the appeals of blogging. It creates a community of people sharing their ideas, thoughts, and comments with each other.
Blogs varying in topics, themes, and set-ups, can be found in blog directories. First time users who want to get an idea of what the blogging world is all about can browse through a number of blogs using these directories. This way they'd get an idea of what these blogging communities are like.
Blogging is popular all over the world. Blog is short for the term weblog. There are no rules when it comes to blogging. Bloggers have the freedom to express themselves how ever way they want, and the best thing about blogging, is that most blogging sites are free.
There are numerous blogging websites to choose from in the net. This give first time users the option of joining a blogging community that appeals to their interests.
Just search any blogging directory and you'd get a listing of a lot of blogging sites that are available on the net. It's easy to search a blogging directory, because it is organized according to category. This way you would get exactly what you are after. Blogging is really for everyone. It is fun, simple and easy.
read more @[url]masterstip..com[/url]

1 Like

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2015
lekjons:
monthly??
yearly
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by jammeyboy(m): 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2015
Sorry for posting this here.
My thread was deleted though i have not violated any rule
Please take a critical look at this and tell me if its real or not
This is my account.
I wont say weather it is real or not
but check it.
if u r interested check my signature for the link to start and contact number.
see u at the top

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by khalids: 12:51pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hello Pips, Ever since Linda Ikeji showed us the benefits of her blogging, everyone I know now wants to open a blog.
Na wa for people with copy and paste mentality.

Anyways this fellow in my office open his own "Block" (this is no error or typo) grin.
I don tell the guy make him learn to spell first before opening any blog.

Anyways see the blog link below feel free to bash him or encourage him (all na traffic)

http://davisonplat..com.ng/

You might also get some good sports prediction for all you sports betting lovers. Note, me don loose over 3k on this bros prediction ooo cry
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by topazjosh(m): 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
There is this certain problem i have with my desktop view of my blog,it shows everything on home/ menu page instead of showing part of it and then a see more or read more button should be there
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Bishops10(m): 12:56pm On Nov 09, 2015
Rosemary216:
I bought my domain #283 wen godaddy were doin bonanza. Nd I redirected it myself.

If u want a domain name don't go for d free .tk or .ml. Makes ur blog look unprofessional. I advice u go for .com .ng .net etc. If u can't
Pls Rose Omeje can you add me on whatsapp with 08176255344. pls I will like to learn some things fro. you regards to hosting a site and blogging stuff
I have a forum but want to convert it to a blog.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by lekjons(m): 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2015
Mayfrank:
yearly
wow! thanks!
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
Chai... see different kinds of advice. The real question is why do you want to start a blog? answering this question will point you in the right direction. Regarding platform, cost and technicalities.

Here are some reasons for starting a blog.

1. To make money (I.e to buy your own house at banana island)
If you're blogging for money get ready to spend. Most people who blog for money don't bother writing quality articles. They just do simple copy n paste. Since money is the priority, you can start with the free Blogger platform. And all you have to spend is on domain and blog promotion.

2. To establish a media presence.
Others don't blog solely for money but. rather media popularity. Although Linda belongs to this category, her main goal is money....typical igbo woman. Now I advice you use a self hosted WordPress if this is your goal. Because it gives you full control, good user experience and cool visual appearance. people can't just visit your blog without appreciating your effort. You must also write quality posts that solve problem or are entertaining.

3. For Fun.
Now if you're blogging for fun just like me, you shouldn't care whatever people say. Just do what you think is right. It's your choice if you choose to use blogger or WordPress. Forget those 'why you should or shouldn't ' posts. You can post whenever you like. Get AdSense or not.

Now the choice is yours. Just look within yourself and know why you really wanna blog.

p.s; the second n third categories could also make cool money if they choose to.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
Rosemary216:
Nawa oooo. All dese ppl above me sef. Instead of droppin d ansa here una dey redirect d dude.
In summary, Simply go to or blogger.com whch eva 1 u want. U nid a google+ profile 4 blogger. Next u select d url u want 2 use eg nicolars . .com or nicolars .wordpress .com. D url has to b related 2 wateva u wil b bloggin abt. Den u select d template u lyk. Afta dat u can start makin posts. If u decide 2 remove d . or .wordpress den u hv 2 buy a domain nd redirect it.
Wen u are settled, u can start botherin urself abt SEO and odas.
That's how I started! U dnt need any special trainin! Its lyk creatin nd runnin a facebk acct.
so, how does one make money through it? (From a newbie)
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by adisarasaq(m): 1:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
Op, these are what you need- 1, Solution to a particular problem 2, passion for writing 3, willingness to help others for free before you start making money then 4, technical know-how. You must also command a good writing skills
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by 14teenK: 2:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
Nice comments from many boogers here ,think have learnt a few.....still what I don't understand is, how the money flows in....How is the money made ......Bloggers in the house we need answers ,noticed anytime someone pulls this question his been ignored .
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Agindi: 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
Then when it comes to money issue how did you earn from blogging?
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
14teenK:
Nice comments from many boogers here ,think have learnt a few.....still what I don't understand is, how the money flows in....How is the money made ......Bloggers in the house we need answers ,noticed anytime someone pulls this question his been ignored .

Dude ... Google pays you for every click on their ad placed on your blog. You could also have paid adverts, ebook sales, etc
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by GoodMuyis(m): 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
Nicolars:
Hello pls I need great and intelligent bloggers to help me out.

I want to enter into this internet world proper by creating a blog of my own.

Boy what you need is mentor, get to know someone who blog in your area just watch him doing it.

Ok If i should help you @goodmuyis on facebook
I will teach you basic html, post techniques
and others

where do you live?
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
GoodMuyis:

Boy what you need is mentor, get to know someone who blog in your area just watch him doing it.

and others

where do you live?

Exactly... Mentorship will go a long way.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by 14teenK: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
Mayfrank:

Dude ... Google pays you for every click on their ad placed on your blog. You could also have paid adverts, ebook sales, etc
Hmmmmmm ..... so what abt the Traffick stuff am hearing about does da pay as well and How
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Rosemary216(f): 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2015
Successdude:
Hi need your help. Having difficulty adding picture to my blogger post. i blog with mobile phone.

Which phone is that?
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
14teenK:
Hmmmmmm ..... so what abt the Traffick stuff am hearing about does da pay as well and How
it's just logic... the more d traffic... the more the clicks
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Julius2214(m): 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2015
lekjons:
wow! thanks!
First year only
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2015
Julius2214:
First year only
Of course
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by pryd(m): 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
deramarks:
Actually I am lookin for a publisher ooo am a writer and I can write articles too for newspapers nd magazines pls if dere is anyone dat can help me leh me know moreover am also a poet incase uwant romantic poems for ur lover nd oda types nature nigeria world at large ursef any kinda tin dat concerns writing am good @ it...tell me wha I need nd how to go about it I stay @ lag isolo to b precise

Especially for a writer, you must employ the use of punctuations and please, STOP tweaking your spellings, it's not cool.
Finding a publisher is not particularly herculean, there are other important tips you must know to avoiding falling into the wrong arms. I could assist you if you're indeed interested. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nicolars(m): 3:04pm On Nov 09, 2015
GoodMuyis:

and others

where do you live?

Ipaja, lagos
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
Nicolars:

Ipaja, lagos
For those who live far, a whatsapp group will be preferable
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:27pm On Nov 09, 2015
Rosemary216:
Nawa oooo. All dese ppl above me sef. Instead of droppin d ansa here una dey redirect d dude.
In summary, Simply go to or blogger.com whch eva 1 u want. U nid a google+ profile 4 blogger. Next u select d url u want 2 use eg nicolars . .com or nicolars .wordpress .com. D url has to b related 2 wateva u wil b bloggin abt. Den u select d template u lyk. Afta dat u can start makin posts. If u decide 2 remove d . or .wordpress den u hv 2 buy a domain nd redirect it.
Wen u are settled, u can start botherin urself abt SEO and odas.
That's how I started! U dnt need any special trainin! Its lyk creatin nd runnin a facebk acct.

Beautiful lady

Excellent post
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:32pm On Nov 09, 2015
Mayfrank:
Chai... see different kinds of advice. The real question is why do you want to start a blog? answering this question will point you in the right direction. Regarding platform, cost and technicalities.

Here are some reasons for starting a blog.

1. To make money (I.e to buy your own house at banana island)
If you're blogging for money get ready to spend. Most people who blog for money don't bother writing quality articles. They just do simple copy n paste. Since money is the priority, you can start with the free Blogger platform. And all you have to spend is on domain and blog promotion.

2. To establish a media presence.
Others don't blog solely for money but. rather media popularity. Although Linda belongs to this category, her main goal is money....typical igbo woman. Now I advice you use a self hosted WordPress if this is your goal. Because it gives you full control, good user experience and cool visual appearance. people can't just visit your blog without appreciating your effort. You must also write quality posts that solve problem or are entertaining.

3. For Fun.
Now if you're blogging for fun just like me, you shouldn't care whatever people say. Just do what you think is right. It's your choice if you choose to use blogger or WordPress. Forget those 'why you should or shouldn't ' posts. You can post whenever you like. Get AdSense or not.

Now the choice is yours. Just look within yourself and know why you really wanna blog.

p.s; the second n third categories could also make cool money if they choose to.

Thanks alot
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2015
Nicolars:
Hello pls I need great and intelligent bloggers to help me out.

I want to enter into this internet world proper by creating a blog of my own.

I don't really know what it costs or the processes needed, who I will go and meet or anything about it.

I will just like you to explain the necessary things I will need to open this blog, what blogging is all about itself, the materials that I must have and the range of the capital, do I have to go to some kind of training?

Am still a young boy(teenager infact) and I know if I start this and before I get into that adult age well enough I should be making cool cash from it.

And also what is the range of years I will haav to put into before it becomes popular.

Your advice is well appreciated. Thanx

Let me first and foremost welcome you to the blogosphere where everything is possible here.

My advice:

1) Do not seek for an advice online.

2) Do not blog for money

3) Be ready to sacrifice

4) Never give up
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by deramarks(f): 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
pryd:

Especially for a writer, you must employ the use of punctuations and please, STOP tweaking your spellings, it's not cool.
Finding a publisher is not particularly herculean, there are other important tips you must know to avoiding falling into the wrong arms. I could assist you if you're indeed interested. Cheers.
am indeed interested nd about the way I spell am good at diverting. When it's official I do the official tin sometimes itz my phone that errors my spellings
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Rosemary216(f): 4:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
Moz22:
pls can we talk privately?
sure. Pm me
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Rosemary216(f): 4:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
dacovajnr:
I hope he finds this Useful...you have a good heart not scam like
I hope he does too. Tnx
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Rosemary216(f): 4:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
Bishops10:

Pls Rose Omeje can you add me on whatsapp with 08176255344. pls I will like to learn some things fro. you regards to hosting a site and blogging stuff
I have a forum but want to convert it to a blog.
added u
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Rosemary216(f): 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
SmithNL:
so, how does one make money through it? (From a newbie)
a lot of ways! Aside sellin adspaces, u can offer ur own services. For me I write reviews, create posts, customize images nd doin a lot of oda tins. It pays if u knw hw 2 go abt it. Adsense nd oda ads can also gv u sumtin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow / How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) / 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded - Nscdc.gov.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.