Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,507 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. - Dating And Meet-up Zone (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. (25488 Views)

Lesbo-ville: The Meet Up Place For Lesbians / 3rd Annual UK "BBQOMGWTF Come and chop enjoyment" Summer Meet up! / *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41) (Go Down)

Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by tkb417(m): 6:21pm On May 12, 2009
Money should not be an issue, but then asking people to contribute towards the cost of putting all of these together may never get a head start - Cries of 419 and all that!
I am more than happy to contribute a few monies, but we need someone to hold all of it and manage the  
monies - if we an get any in the first place.
u right

like someone said, sum the cost, divide it and apportion to all interested.
Count me in. (Thts if its gonna hold and a lotta chicks in )
anything short of that, no chance in hell.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by ElRazur: 6:30pm On May 12, 2009
Sagamite:

Surely their are volunteer DJs on NL.

I am against SouthEnd Beach because it will increase expense for people, which will act as a deterrent. A place in London with easy transportation access preferred.

Also we will need to plug the PS3 Pro Evo Soccer games and TV, so the beach is not it. Although it is only possibly to have this if someone is volunteering their home.

We can contribute and pay someone to use their home.

I suppose we can drum up attention via the music forum? Something like a thread asking for volunteer DJs, but then as with Volunteering, you get what you pay for lol.

The beach is probably not the best place. But then, if people want it to happen there, they just have to let us know.

Anyone with a big garden will do.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Secretz(f): 6:35pm On May 12, 2009
St☆rStruck:

Secretz and I are waaaaay too posh for that.

Yes darling . . . waaaaaaaay toooooooooo posh! cool

So the venue has been agreed yah? cool
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 6:36pm On May 12, 2009
ElRazur:

I suppose we can drum up attention via the music forum? Something like a thread asking for volunteer DJs, but then as with Volunteering, you get what you pay for lol.

The beach is probably not the best place. But then, if people want it to happen there, they just have to let us know.

Anyone with a big garden will do.

Volunteers must be regular professional DJs.

We can always ensure a threshold in quality by vetting all volunteers through attending any event they are performing in between now and the date we select.

Ideally, for the best atmostphere, it has to be someone's house where we can use the sitting room, garden and toilets.

We can contribute money for the BBQ, seats, DJ and even security.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 6:37pm On May 12, 2009
Secretz:

Yes darling . . . waaaaaaaay toooooooooo posh! cool

So the venue has been agreed yah? cool

*Shakes head left to right repeatedly*
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Secretz(f): 6:39pm On May 12, 2009
Do you honestly believe professional regular dj's are going to be willing to volunteer? undecided
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sauron1: 6:42pm On May 12, 2009
Sagamite:

Volunteers must be regular professional DJs.

We can always ensure a threshold in quality by vetting all volunteers through attending any event they are performing in between now and the date we select.

Ideally, for the best atmostphere, it has to be someone's house where we can use the sitting room, garden and toilets.

We can contribute money for the BBQ, seats, DJ and even security.

Security? Bloody Hell.
We are not expecting Al-Quaeda or the Taliban, are we?
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 12, 2009
@topic
wow, so there's a possibility of this happening, looks like it will be fun smiley
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by debosky(m): 6:43pm On May 12, 2009
Early July is the best I can make - late July/August will be mad for me.

Why must a PS3 be involved   Don't y'all play enough games at home? This is supposed to be a social gathering - having games that a significant proportion of people will not be interested in will simply divide the group into at least two fragments which defeats the purpose.

I don't see why the DJ[i] must [/i]be 'professional' - if the volunteer is good enough then let him show up. We can also bring CDs or mix tapes to the event so there's no need to be so hung up on a small matter like that.

In my view, venue selection remains the biggest issue. If you're thinking of someone's house, how many nl peeps have big houses with gardens in London or have access to one? If we can get that sorted then other issues can be dealt with.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 6:44pm On May 12, 2009
The security is just in case someone is worried about people he does not know (and does not know their mental state grin) coming to his pad for a party.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by ElRazur: 6:48pm On May 12, 2009
debosky:

Why must a PS3 be involved   Don't y'all play enough games at home? This is supposed to be a social gathering - having games that a significant proportion of people will not be interested in will simply divide the group into at least two fragments which defeats the purpose.

Clearly you haven't been to events where geeks from the intraweb are meeting up. Some of us are gamers at heart, and while a few of us have bragged about our gaming abilities, it makes sense for those who want to have a game of two together. Gaming is just one of the activities. Those who don't like it can always do something else. smiley

debosky:

In my view, venue selection remains the biggest issue. If you're thinking of someone's house, how many nl peeps have big houses with gardens in London or have access to one? If we can get that sorted then other issues can be dealt with.

There are people with houses with gardens, whether we will be able to get one from NL is just another thing entirely. smiley
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 6:49pm On May 12, 2009
debosky:

Look for me, the PS3 is important. No doubt as Naija people, some people will be fronting, rude and anti-social, I will gladly ignore and still have a great time with people with similar interests like OMO IBO.

If it is a good atmosphere, of course we will drop pad and not have time for PS3. And remember only 2 can play at a time anyway, so the others will mix whilst not playing. I am sure I will be holding one pad down and the rest will share the second pad.  cheesy

debosky:

I don't see why the DJ should be 'professional' - if the volunteer is good enough then let him show up. We can also bring CDs or mix tapes to the event so there's no need to be so hung up on a small matter like that.

True talk.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sauron1: 6:50pm On May 12, 2009
Sagamite:

The security is just in case someone is worried about people he does not know (and does not know their mental state grin) coming to his pad for a party.

Debosky is a doctor of mental illness. . . . . . Lets station his ass at the gate. grin

debosky:

Where are you going? Azerbaijan?

NL chics will be posing. . . . . .If this was a gathering of non-Naija women, we wouldn't be talking about PS3.
I don't want any chic to be acting like she's mightier than everyone else.
PS3 will be an outlet if things break down socially.

I don't see why the DJ[i] must [/i]be 'professional' - if the volunteer is good enough then let him show up. We can also bring CDs or mix tapes to the event so there's no need to be so hung up on a small matter like that.

DJ shouldn't be a problem.
CDs or Mix-tapes can take care of what any DJ can offer.

We need a big house. . . . .a big garden and spare rooms for the 007s amongst us.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Secretz(f): 6:51pm On May 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

Security? Bloody Hell.
We are not expecting Al-Quaeda or the Taliban, are we?

Think about it hun, with some of the crazy people who are likely to turn up. . . . this is an open invite we are displaying on this forum.   grin

Which person in their right mind is willing to use their Garden to unknown people . . . hmmmmm . .  .  undecided

The Venue first and foremost needs to be established.   grin
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by 4Play(m): 6:52pm On May 12, 2009
Who really wants to meet up with these vermins?
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by jaybee3(m): 6:53pm On May 12, 2009
count me in as well.
I still think the best bet is to use a park on one of 'em sunny summer dayz and probably jet off to the club afterwards.
We can always rent a Gen to use in the park.

Willing to contribute
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 6:54pm On May 12, 2009
4 Play:

Who really wants to meet up with these vermins?

Thanks, you have made you point.

You can now excuse yourself from the thread as you are not interested.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 6:55pm On May 12, 2009
We have had preferences so far from:

Sagamite
Sauron
El Razur
Jaybee

So 4 guys down.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by tkb417(m): 6:56pm On May 12, 2009
Think about it hun, with some of the crazy people who are likely to turn up. . . . this is an open invite we are displaying on this forum.  

Which person in their right mind is willing to use their Garden to unknown people . . . hmmmmm . .  .  

true talk!
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by 4Play(m): 6:56pm On May 12, 2009
I'm very much interested in knowing why anybody wants to meet up with vermins.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Pataki: 6:57pm On May 12, 2009
I am of the opinion that getting a venue should be sorted out first. All other logistics would follow accordingly. If Central London is alright with everyone, where in Central London would be most ideal? A Park or something? If that is sorted out, who would handle planning on the cost analysis for the event? Getting a DJ in London is no biggie. I do DJ work, but just once in a blue moon when I am in the mood for it.

We need to know the exact time for the proposed meet-up. Which month is most ideal and appropriate?

@ tkb,

Wetin dey man? Long time. You dey show face soon? How my people for there now? Let me know when you breeze in oh. How them babes for naija? cheesy
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sauron1: 6:58pm On May 12, 2009
Secretz:

Think about it hun, with some of the crazy people who are likely to turn up. . . . this is an open invite we are displaying on this forum.   grin

So you seriously believe there are crazy members on this forum?
Come on. . . . . . .I expect everyone to be civil as Prince Charles.
Most of us are meeting for the first time so calm down.

Which person in their right mind is willing to use their Garden to unknown people . . . hmmmmm . .  .  undecided

Paranoia??

The Venue first and foremost needs to be established.   grin

Lets rent a restaurant or a night-club.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 7:01pm On May 12, 2009
I think we need to get this on front page and if there is no house volunteer in the next 5 days then we can start organising a park like Green or Regents Park.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by tkb417(m): 7:01pm On May 12, 2009
I'm very much interested in knowing why anybody wants to meet up with vermins.

ol boi, gerraway from here na
u berra change ur mind cos babes go full.
its on F.C.F.S basis so u sign up late, no party for u

Wetin dey man? Long time. You dey show face soon? How my people for there now? Let me know when you breeze in oh. How them babes for naija?

i dey jare. I dey show soon and ill holla. B gave birth to a babygurl on Sunday so u can call her up.
Mum is in town too.

Awon babes are in charge in Lagos. All you need is a visit and u'll never want to return.
Friday nites in Gidi can be tempestuous now
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 7:03pm On May 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

Paranoia??

I agree, it was just a peace of mind thing to encourage volunteers. Most likely we will not have a problem.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Pataki: 7:03pm On May 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

Are you saying there are no crazy members on this forum?  grin You might just be surprised that the Pataki you are seeing on the forum is actually 'crazy' in reality.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by maray(f): 7:03pm On May 12, 2009
Summer Bbq cool cool cool
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by debosky(m): 7:04pm On May 12, 2009
@ Saga

I've given my preferences so add me to the list. Looks like a good sausage party in the making.   undecided grin grin grin

If Maray comes, I will definitely show up. cool
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 7:06pm On May 12, 2009
Again, in case you have not, state your preferences:

Best location and venue (ideal, if someone has a big house with a garden, I wouldn't expect more than 30 people will show up)

Desired date/weekend period (if we can't agree on a date, weekend period is a good start)

Financial approach (contributions required? Or someone owns a cash n carry and is offering)

Desired amenities (PS3, DJ, BBQ, Drinks, Speed dating games, Pole for pole dancing, whatever floats people's boats)
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by tkb417(m): 7:07pm On May 12, 2009
@Maray
where are u in the UK?

@OP
add me to the list if its anything in July!
ill contribute also
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Pataki: 7:08pm On May 12, 2009
maray:

Summer Bbq cool cool cool
Are you coming? Please there should be excess of marays or else!

tkb417:

i dey jare. I dey show soon and ill holla. B gave birth to a babygurl on Sunday so u can call her up.
Mum is in town too.

Awon babes are in charge in Lagos. All you need is a visit and u'll never want to return.
Friday nites in Gidi can be likened to a tempestuous now
I dey hear gist wella oh! I don miss die for Lagos. Before I left, it was Planet One every weekend with my cousin.

I heard the gist B don deliver. I go call her this evening. Congrats, you don become Uncle be that oh. grin
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Secretz(f): 7:09pm On May 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

Yes hun I do. They are probably not the ones amongst us discussing it.  grin

Paranoia??

Nope, why should I be, it's not my place people are coming to.  tongue

Yes hun, night club is good.  grin

Come on guys, am sure you know the best night clubs in central London. List em . .  .  grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41)

Matured Virgins: Looking For Husbands / The Biography Of Lalasticlala, Twaci And Tohpahz / I Need A Boyfriend Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.