Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area (3469 Views)

The 10 Commandments Of Buying Land In Nigeria / Pitfalls To Avoid When Buying Land / Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by Mrlandlord: 6:56pm On May 11, 2009
Buying land from Omo-Onile is very risky as everybody believe,but have you ever think about this,
Omo-Onile means the first settler in a particular location,lot of them migrate from a particular area either to come and farm or to settle,civilisation bring development to them,they realised,they can make money with what they have.
Buying landĀ  through them is one of the ways which land can be bought in Nigeria,lots of land where we live presently are bought by some of our landlords through Omo - Oniles.Many of the landlords have not even process their titles till today.Ask them what titles they have,the only answer they give you is Receipt and Survey. from who?
From so call the Omo-Oniles,my father own a house in Surulere area of Lagos,the last time i asked him what is the title he has on our house,he said receipt and survey.I asked him to show me,it took him 3 hours before he could brought it out where he kept it in his room.The receipt and survey look old because the property is almost 36 yrs old,a year older than me.
It is the same thing with many landlord in my area.Many of them bought their land before the land use decree that bring about C of O.But,they did not mind to perfect the title after the decree because then the Omo-Oniles(grandfathers of omo oniles) ddon'thave problem ones they sold to you.What they know is marrying many wives plenty of children
The effect of their marriages then is what we see now that the bbattalionchildren are ddisturbingcausing problem,killing themselves because of land,claiming to be the Omo -Oniles

How can you buy land without ffutureproblem,either with them or with the goverment
1. Before buying,do your research at the land registry to know if where you are buying is not an aacquisitionland,ones it is free from any goverment aacquisitiongo ahead and buy.Use land eexperte.g Land Consultants and Lawyers
2. Use good estate agent within the llocationyou want to buy,there are still God fearing agents.I mean the real ones that can get to the family that is selling eeasilyThe good ones still available on the axis of Mowe/Ofada.I know of one with good record,he has been helping the some of the developers on axis to get land,with 15 years experience.
3. If you do not have money for development,ddon'tbuy.At least you must be able to do the perimeter fencing of the whole land.This is because of encroaching on your land.Mind you it is not govt land,some of this boys can still sell part of it to somebody else if available and vvisibleespecially if the qquantityis high.
4. Do the perimeter survey of your land
5. Use a good lawyer to prepear a power of althoney for the key member of the family to sign.Both the parties will sign
6. Approachthe state govt for the processing of the C of O .This can take some period of time before you can get it done.A lot of land owners and developers that are selling land in this area,this how they go about it

You can start development of your own estate now,you can buy and use for all type of farming,poultry,fish farming.
Buy between 1 acres to 50 acres from good source,no problem of Omo onile,a lotof poeple have bought from them without any problem.
Acres of land available in various locations at Mowe and Ofada
call 07089063170
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by Mrlandlord: 6:57pm On May 11, 2009
more info to come
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by onaives(m): 12:53am On May 14, 2009
cool resource!
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by Mrlandlord: 9:23am On May 14, 2009
Omo-onile are not just too bad,not all of them are dubious as we think. Tips on how you can get land from them and the process of buying their land.

a. People don't cary out investigation,land search on any land they want to buy from them.If there is a dispute on any land they want to sell to you,you rather don't buy.How would you know if there is a dispute on a land.Get closer to them and make enquiries very well,request to see the head of the family that owns it.Go to the next compound and confirm if truly they are the owner.

b.Go through the right source,be sure of the person you deal with,ask about him around,let him show to you his past job and success.Try and get his achievement,confirm his or her years experience that he has been dealing with the Omo onile.Know some of his successful transaction and where.

c.Be ready to commence work at your site immediately,at least fencing of your land.

d. Apart from the money for the land,you will have to budget for the money for the Omo oniles area boys-this are the children and friendsĀ  of the people you are buying from.They are more or less the touts,the patrol the site,their is no fix money to give them,it just like a dash.Sometimes you source for the right person to give through your agent.Some of them can be use as security at your site.

c.Visit the site often or appoint someone to do the visitation for you.

d.You can spread your payment to some period of time and you can commence work on your site before completing payment.But you must pay as at when promised to pay.

e. If you buy up to acres of land,make sure you employ someone to the site to do some farming at least for monitor
More tips to come
Want any information ?
call or mail tinubanks2k2@yahoo.com
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by estateman: 10:50am On May 15, 2009
good talk oga landlord,are you an estate agent yourself or the enlighting Omo onile?
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by dredone: 11:19am On May 15, 2009
Thank u 4 d info it was really insitefull truth is for every investment the more d risk d more d return but with help frm someone like u i can manage the level of risk in d mowe/ofada realestate Boom shocked frm ur view wat is d maximum time i can cash n on my investment in land in dat area if i buy frm omo onile n why?
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by Mrlandlord: 11:59am On May 15, 2009
dredone ,you can buy form Omo Onile for investment in Mowe Ofada ,but their are things you have to do after buying.

Do the perimeter survey of your land
Do the perimeter fencing of the land
Go to the land Registry to get survey approval and the C of O - the state govt welcome all land investors on this axis,they are willing to give the C of O ones your land does not fall to an acquisition area of govt.
While the processing of the C of O or other titles is going on you can start development of you fencing,get people to start doing one thing or other on your land,if possible the can be living inside within the fencing area. You can then be waiting for your investment to grow.

To answer your question,there is no limited time to sell,you can start selling ones you have any request for it.But the time is after the whole area have been fully develop that is like between 1yr to 2 years.If you buy 1 acre for #600,000 now you will be selling 1 plot of land for #800,000.Let say you are lucky your C of O come within a year before you start selling,it will boost your sales.People like to hear titles like C of O generally because it is an important document that gives you rest of mind on your land.Even if tomorrow govt acquire your land you will be compensated.
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by lawyer(m): 2:12pm On May 15, 2009
Truely wonderful and educational. I am glad you are assisting me in educating people on how to avoid property pitfalls especially in the mowe/ofada axis.

I am truely grateful! Well done!

Subscribed**** grin
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by scopido(m): 6:18pm On May 18, 2009
Do you mean one can buy omo onile land without problem shocked?You have good talk here men.I think all what you are saying is good.Thanks .
More info pls from your experience with this Omo Oniles ,cn you talk about Lekkii Ajah axis?
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by Mrlandlord: 2:17pm On May 25, 2009
Buy the Omo onile land in acres without strees,just try and come and inspect to be confuse, you will be suprice to see the good eggs among the spoil ones.
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by Mrlandlord: 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2009
Land is appreciating now in the Mowe Ofada axis,even the omo onile too are smiling to their banks due the way the land speculators are patronising them now.Things is now rosy for some of them who are honest as more bussines come.
You too can buy form them but be ready to develop and don't buy the Ogun State acquissition area,get land expert to handle your transactions when dealing with them.
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by janykute: 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2009
Am a bit confused seriously,Could someone plz tell me the difference between this so called OMO ONILE and ALAAYE or is it just a euphemism.My yoruba brothers plz help.
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by Mrlandlord: 3:52pm On Jun 03, 2009
jakute,their are different between the Omo-Oniles and the Alaayes,the Omo-Onile are the first settler in a particular region,there fore fathers must be the first set of people that originate the area in any ways but mostly by migration.
The place serve as their homes or farm while they still have other houses where they might have come.

While
The Alaayes are the area boys on the street,you can see them on the streets everywhere in Lagos,we have all over of Niger,North,East,South,West.Example of the Alaayes are the Lagos touts call Agberos on our bus stop and the militants in South South,i have seen them also in the North when i was serving in the NYSC.

Similarities
Sometimes the children of the Omo-oniles turn to agberos due to proper care from the parent.Even There are agberos among the omo oniles when it come to land issue or a dispute on land.

Omo-oniles always have history either how he or she is related to the land or how the place was been shear among the elders who among is his father.Or how their fore fathers came to originate the place.
I can say everybody is Omo-onile in his or her home town,you will have to trace your origin to somewhere or to a town or a village.This is the place where you are the omo-onile,the different is that land may not have value in your village or you town.Oil is moving ad have value in the South South that's why agberos and Omo- oniles came out of the place in the name of militants,claiming money on everything and abducting people.
Are you satisfy with this?
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by janykute: 5:27pm On Jun 03, 2009
Mrlandlord thanks for that explanation.
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by lawyer(m): 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2009
While your explanation seems plausible, it is pertinent to know that an Omonile is not the one that gives you the correct or right title to own the land. An omonile's job is to harange you to settle them for coming unto their land and they are the host community. The form of settlement relates with regular juvenile requirements such as ogogoro money or money for building foundation to more serious things like providing borehole or bringing viable business to the environment.

The most important omoniles are the real traditional family that must provide you with an authentic reciept for the purchase of the land which must emanate from the FAMILY HEAD and CO-SIGNED by the FAMILY SECRETARY. Very Very Important

Failure to obtain their signatures in the reciept could lead to disastrous consequences in the following situations:

1. Who ever signs the deed of assignment and is not corresponding with the signatures of other deeds of assignment granted to other people by the Family Head and Family Secretary means your deed of assignment is fake and null and void because you cannot sell what you dont have.

2. The Family Head and Family Secretary must assent their signatures in the FORM 1c which a major requirement at the Land Registry for you to obtain your Governor's consent. A major default in that is that you will be stuck in limbo and your Governors consent will never be processed unless you pay through your nose to settle one big shot at the Land Registry!

The Omoniles are important people in every land transaction involving traditional or family land sale but you must learn to differentiate between who is the omonile that is collecting your money to drink paraga and run away and who is the Omonile that is necessary to help you perfect your documents.

Its not an easy thing and it requires streneous search and investigation to differentiate between who is who before you throw away money to the bush and lose your property for nothing because of one small error.

The Omonile's themselves know this is a huge market for them to decieve and con people because people fail to do the right thing and they will continue to decieve people until we all become wiser and follow due process! grin
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by ajileko: 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2009
There should only be one Omo onile, the rest are vagabond and hooligans.
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by estateman: 12:22pm On Jun 04, 2009
Lawyer,all your point is well understand but the children and grand children of this Baale and his chiefs who are the real omo onile are the touts that are claiming omo onile and causing problems and dispute on land.in my area the Baale children and members of his kingship are the agberos at the bus stop.
Re: Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area by scopido(m): 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2009
omoonile shocked shocked shocked i day fear them ooo because of what they did to my father at Pakuro close to Mowe.He lost almost a million to them.

(1) (Reply)

Cost To Install Elevator / Affordable Abuja Lands For Sale.8000sqm At Gusape & 4000sqm At Asokoro Main / Somebody Is Claiming My Land.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.