Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Help!!! I Bought A Region Locked Samsung Galaxy - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!!! I Bought A Region Locked Samsung Galaxy (1615 Views)

Brand New Sim Locked Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus 64gb For Sale / I Bought This FIL Power Bank That Look Like A Phone Today. / I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! I Bought A Region Locked Samsung Galaxy by bundur(m): 8:39am On Nov 04, 2015
To all the gurus in the house my father bought me a samsung grand prime from Saudi Arabia but to my dismay its region locked. What that means is that the phone only works in the Middle East and North Africa or a cumulative five minutes of call must be made from a sim issued from that region.
Please can anyone help me on how to unlock it.
Re: Help!!! I Bought A Region Locked Samsung Galaxy by tripplephi: 9:53am On Nov 04, 2015
How to remove Samsung's region lock
First off, the region lock really isn't as scary as it sounds. European Samsung smartphones are region-locked, but only to the UK and countries within Europe (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Croatia), plus a few non-EU countries (Albania, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Monaco, Montenegro, San Marino, Serbia and Vatican City).
If you're going anywhere else, say the US, and you need to use your Samsung phone with a local SIM, you can deactivate the region lock by first placing (or receiving) a five-minute call within one of the approved countries.
The US version, incidentally, is region-locked to the North, South and Central Americas and the Caribbean. To use it outside those areas you can remove the region locking by first placing (again, or receiving) a five-minute call within one of those territories.
Should you have any problems removing the region lock Samsung can do it for you through one of its support centres. In the UK you can discover your closest support centre by visiting http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/.
If your Samsung phone is rooted, you can also remove the region lock by downloading and installing the RegionLockAway app from Chainfire at XDA Developers. The download link is given in the second post there. Note that this workaround was developed and tested on the Note 3.
get the software here o http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2470551
Re: Help!!! I Bought A Region Locked Samsung Galaxy by bundur(m): 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2015
tripplephi:
How to remove Samsung's region lock
First off, the region lock really isn't as scary as it sounds. European Samsung smartphones are region-locked, but only to the UK and countries within Europe (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Croatia), plus a few non-EU countries (Albania, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Monaco, Montenegro, San Marino, Serbia and Vatican City).
If you're going anywhere else, say the US, and you need to use your Samsung phone with a local SIM, you can deactivate the region lock by first placing (or receiving) a five-minute call within one of the approved countries.
The US version, incidentally, is region-locked to the North, South and Central Americas and the Caribbean. To use it outside those areas you can remove the region locking by first placing (again, or receiving) a five-minute call within one of those territories.
Should you have any problems removing the region lock Samsung can do it for you through one of its support centres. In the UK you can discover your closest support centre by visiting http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/.
If your Samsung phone is rooted, you can also remove the region lock by downloading and installing the RegionLockAway app from Chainfire at XDA Developers. The download link is given in the second post there. Note that this workaround was developed and tested on the Note 3.
get the software here o http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2470551
pls can u help me i wil send u my details

(1) (Reply)

Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Reviews / I Want To Sell My Samsung Galaxy J7,please Which Phone Under 60k Can I Buy? / Best And Suitable Data Plans For MTN This Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.