Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,845 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

The AI Fails To Be Evil? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The AI Fails To Be Evil? (744 Views)

Google Removes Famous ‘don’t Be Evil’ Motto From Code Of Conduct / Researchers Shut Down AI That Invented Its Own Language / 5 Website Fails Your Business Should Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The AI Fails To Be Evil? by Booyakasha(f): 3:36pm On Nov 04, 2015
A recurring theme is how an AI that was built with completely positive and reasonable goals instead does great harm to the world.

However I'm now thinking about the
reverse: A supervillain builds an AI specifically for making people's life miserable. Its task is very simple: Maximize the human suffering in the world. To allow it to reach this goal, the AI has control over a small army of robots, has connection to the internet and access to any information it may need.

However much to the dismay to the supervillain, the AI fails to do this.
but instead just sits there doing nothing evil at all.
The supervillain checks everything, and the AI is indeed programmed with the stated goal and didn't change goals, it is indeed much more intelligent than any human, and it's definitely not unable to use the tools given to it. It certainly has no conscience, and no
other goal than the one stated.
And yet, the AI decided to just sit there and do nothing.

What could lead the AI to make that decision?

Cc. dabosuker, dekatron, blackjewelry, Teempakguy, ifenese, menesheh, hahn, Rilwyne001, kristalzkris, freecocoa, krattos, Queed, FrancisTony, pr0ton, plaetton, davien, finofaya, macof, theAtheist101, PEGAN9JA, TheDauraMallam, MzNelly, BUHARIMUSTWIN and others..

(Original Thread: http://gdevit.com/topic81/the-ai-fails-to-be-evil-why )
Re: The AI Fails To Be Evil? by Blakjewelry(m): 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
Maybe the AI must have come across the God-devil rules, do not interfere with the virtual reality program called this world.

1 Like

Re: The AI Fails To Be Evil? by Booyakasha(f): 7:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
Blakjewelry:
Maybe the AI must have come across the God-devil rules, do not interfere with the virtual reality program called this world.
Lol.. virtual reality indeed.. grin
Re: The AI Fails To Be Evil? by Dekatron(m): 8:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
You just mentioned my obsession!! A.I, ROBOTICS & DATA ENCRYPTION!!

Well. . . I didn't receive the mention (just like many of such I later come across in threads). I don't know why.

@Op :- To your question :-

The villain programmed the AI, furnished it with ANY INFORMATION it needs. Good. . . . You said it that :- ITS GOAL IS TO CAUSE KASALA grin grin and IT HAS NO CONSCIENCE. . . Okay. . . . A computer, or program learn how to ANYTHING only when we tell it to do it. . . This A.I's goal is :- KILL and DESTROY. It will definitely do that. . . It may not do that ONLY IF ITS CODES (ALGORITHMS) ARE SO STRONG THAT THEY LEARN ON THEIR OWN. AS SUCH, we assume it came across debates on good and ethics on its database- Internet. . . . . He either through its algorithms learn that the behaviour of its creator is EVIL BASED ON THE MORAL GUIDELINES IT CAME ACROSS ON THE INTERNET, or it has a BUG- CODE ERROR.

Ultron, the psycho has something like that. . . He learns and imitates Tony stark's (iron man) behaviour through its resources- INTERNET. . . He talks and behaves like STARK, yet, he is EVIL. Cos he doesn't know!! He thinks he is doing good, just like STARK though he was doing good by building Ultron behind his team's back. . . . Basically, Stark has destructive capability like ULTRON, but he doesn't know it, so ULTRON just helped him!!

That was an example. . . I hope u now get. . . .

Summary :- Basically, THE A.I wont work only if it

(1) Through its algorithms, learn the ways of his creator and see that he is wrong (which is opposite in ULTRON'S CASE)

(2) Has a bug in its codes. . . .

Tanki yhuuu

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The AI Fails To Be Evil? by Nobody: 3:28am On Nov 05, 2015
i still maintain that it is not possible for a robot programmed to maximize human suffering to do nothing. it sounds like you're trying to say that some one like supernatural gods are actually designed to maximize suffering. america is part of this world and they are enjoying . . . i guess. embarassed they could suffer a bit more. it can't just do nothing. e gba mi o
Re: The AI Fails To Be Evil? by Booyakasha(f): 6:55am On Nov 05, 2015
Dekatron:

Well. . . I didn't receive the mention (just like many of such I later come across in threads). I don't know why.

The villain programmed the AI, furnished it with ANY INFORMATION it needs. Good. . . . You said it that :- ITS GOAL IS TO CAUSE KASALA grin grin and IT HAS NO CONSCIENCE. . . Okay. . . . A computer, or program learn how to ANYTHING only when we tell it to do it. . . This A.I's goal is :- KILL and DESTROY. It will definitely do that. . . It may not do that ONLY IF ITS CODES (ALGORITHMS) ARE SO STRONG THAT THEY LEARN ON THEIR OWN. AS SUCH, we assume it came across debates on good and ethics on its database- Internet. . . . . He either through its algorithms learn that the behaviour of its
off point bro...
The super-villain checked the AI and it infact did not "change goals" What led the AI to make the decision of doing nothing?
Re: The AI Fails To Be Evil? by Blakjewelry(m): 8:07pm On Nov 07, 2015
Teempakguy:
i still maintain that it is not possible for a robot programmed to maximize human suffering to do nothing. it sounds like you're trying to say that some one like supernatural gods are actually designed to maximize suffering. america is part of this world and they are enjoying . . . i guess. embarassed they could suffer a bit more. it can't just do nothing. e gba mi o
I think that there is a theory that AI can be program to learn on it. So in the future AI can learn and make decisions independently
Re: The AI Fails To Be Evil? by Blakjewelry(m): 8:10pm On Nov 07, 2015
Dekatron:

The villain programmed the AI, furnished it with ANY INFORMATION it needs. Good. . . . You said it that :- ITS GOAL IS TO CAUSE KASALA grin grin and IT HAS NO CONSCIENCE. . . Okay. . . . A computer, or program learn how to ANYTHING only when we tell it to do it. . . This A.I's goal is :- KILL and DESTROY. It will definitely do that. . . It may not do that ONLY IF ITS CODES (ALGORITHMS) ARE SO STRONG THAT THEY LEARN ON THEIR OWN. AS SUCH, we assume it came across debates on good and ethics on its database- Internet. . . . . He either through its algorithms learn that the behaviour of its creator is EVIL BASED ON THE MORAL GUIDELINES IT CAME ACROSS ON THE INTERNET, or it has a BUG- CODE ERROR.

Ultron, the psycho has something like that. . . He learns and imitates Tony stark's (iron man) behaviour through its resources- INTERNET. . . He talks and behaves like STARK, yet, he is EVIL. Cos he doesn't know!! He thinks he is doing good, just like STARK though he was doing good by building Ultron behind his team's back. . . . Basically, Stark has destructive capability like ULTRON, but he doesn't know it, so ULTRON just helped him!!

That was an example. . . I hope u now get. . . .

Summary :- Basically, THE A.I wont work only if it

(1) Through its algorithms, learn the ways of his creator and see that he is wrong (which is opposite in ULTRON'S CASE)

(2) Has a bug in its codes. . . .

Tanki yhuuu

grin grin grin grin grin
1 maybe correct but two is 2 is wrong since the op specified that the program was cross checked

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Magic Sim Blazing Lky Hell / Hot: How To Get 1GB Data For Just #100 / 7 Amazing Things You Didn’t Know You Can Search With Google Images

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.