Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Team Charis Of Nigeria Wins Annual Global "Technovation Challenge" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Team Charis Of Nigeria Wins Annual Global "Technovation Challenge" (1161 Views)

Kaduna Team Representing Nigeria Wins World Schools Debate Competition / Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students / Nigerian Students In Germany Annual Gathering (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Team Charis Of Nigeria Wins Annual Global "Technovation Challenge" by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
I was trying to use Google like every human does nowadays when i stumbled on the link on its homepage. 'Technovation challenge is a global competition involving more than 400 apps from 28 countries countries round the world. High school girls are challenged to make an app that addresses their community and they chose to build 'Discardous'. As i said, its so global that Apples design chief was in attendance and google has it on its homepage.

Technovation is the global technology entrepreneurship program for girls. Participants work with professional mentors to research, design, build, and launch mobile apps that solve real problems in their communities over the course of 3 months. It is free to participate and $20k in awards is distributed to two winning teams at the end of each season.
Technovation is made possible through the generous support of its year round program sponsors, which include Adobe, Verizon, Intel, Oracle, CA Technologies, and Google. These sponsors make it possible for Technovation to impact thousands of girls across the globe for free.

Team Charis’ members are Nmesoma Ogbonna, Sonam Kumar, Charlotte Takem, Praise Emem David-Oku, and Grace Akpoiroro, all of whom attend iKapture Afterschool Academy. They were mentored and coached by Yemurayi Chinyand and Grace Ihejiamaizu.

The girls initially had problems with their Visas due to 'Technical issues' that were later involved. Strangely, they happened to be one of just two countries, the other being Brazil. Anyways, "Godwin" and they were able to make it as the 6 Finalists. 2 teams from Massachusetts(USA) 1 from California(USA), Brazil, India and Nigeria. The event held in San Francisco.

Discardious is an app that helps to solve the problem of improper waste disposal in Nigeria.

Pic Source; https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI0MSQHWEAEPkyf.jpg

Lalasticlala this is the part where i say I am proudly Nigerian American cool

1 Share

Re: Team Charis Of Nigeria Wins Annual Global "Technovation Challenge" by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
This is the video and some Interesting Highlights grin
Team Nigeria documentary; 1;04;00 Beautiful girls just Sexy embarassed
Team Charis girl crying over visa; 1;07;30
Team Charis bonding over Bread and "Butter"; 1:05:03[\b]...Christ knows how much i have missed that sh!tgrin
[b]Murtala Mohammed Airport; 1:15:10
NOSTALGIA cry cry cry
Team Charis presentation of Discardous; 1:30:48 That Accent, its been a while embarassed
One of the American teams commenting on how beautiful the Nigerian Team and their hairdo is; 1:33:50 Nigerian women,always dressed to kill...Flaunt that African... tongue God if i dont marry a Nigerian embarassed, Just..... tongue
Nigerian team presented with their first place Award; 1:41:15 By Fire by force i must marry Brains but she must get yansh small grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enZ82xleZfs?t=1h4m1s
Re: Team Charis Of Nigeria Wins Annual Global "Technovation Challenge" by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
wink...Just in case
Re: Team Charis Of Nigeria Wins Annual Global "Technovation Challenge" by RobinHez(m): 12:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
Ok

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Scholarships: (full Scholarship With Study Grant) / OAU Adopts Online Degree, Credentials Verification / Unilag Rewards Best Graduating Student,ayodele Dada,with 1.07M(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.