Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme (339313 Views)

Apply For Heineken International Fresh Graduate Programme 2018 / Seplat Petroleum Graduate Scheme Massive Recruitment 2017/2018 / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by PrinceRhaeger: 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
hiroz:
just finished my 2nd test.the numerical section is 16 questions in 18 mins.it is a little tough I couldn't even finish..don't waste to much time studying the bar chart or graph you are given just skim through then go straight to the questions and trace the values you need from the graph or chart...waiting for their mail now.
please hiroz, were there situations where a single question had multiple tables and graphs, eg, like a question having a table and a graph combined, or two tables, or two graphs, two pie charts etc? or was it strictly one figure per question?....again, how many questions are used per figure, ie like qstns 1 figure (eg graph) is used to answer qstn 1, 2, 3, 4, then qstn 5 figure is used to answer 5, 6, 7, 8? or is qstn 1 figure just for qstn 1, then qstn 2 figure just for 2 and so on, making 16 different figures?....No mind me and many questions oh..... my head dey, please I' d appreciate ur response deeply.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Cutehector(m): 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2015
hiroz:
just finished my 2nd test.the numerical section is 16 questions in 18 mins.it is a little tough I couldn't even finish..don't waste to much time studying the bar chart or graph you are given just skim through then go straight to the questions and trace the values you need from the graph or chart...waiting for their mail now.
bros e be like say u go help me run my own online test oooo... Hw fa? smiley
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Cutehector(m): 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
Yorex2011, pls I need ur assistance... I"m sendin u a pm nw
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Kenny619: 7:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cutehector:
Yorex2011, pls I need ur assistance... I"m sendin u a pm nw
Tip for the Numerical Assessment: Don't waste time on any q? + the easy questions are towards the end!
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Cutehector(m): 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kenny619:

Tip for the Numerical Assessment: Don't waste time on any q? + the easy questions are towards the end!
bros u dnt get.. I need someone who passed d second test to help me run it... I go pay d person...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by freshness2020: 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
Let's see how this goes.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Kenny619: 7:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cutehector:
bros u dnt get.. I need someone who passed d second test to help me run it... I go pay d person...
I'd advice against that; they probably monitor IP addresses. This is Shell!
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Cutehector(m): 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kenny619:

I'd advice against that; they probably monitor IP addresses. This is Shell!
lmao.. D prson will do it in a cyber cafe na.. Shoo.. U fit help me run am? I"l settle u
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
*sigh* May we not ginger in vain
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cutehector:
lmao.. D prson will do it in a cyber cafe na.. Shoo.. U fit help me run am? I"l settle u

How much you wan use settle?
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Cutehector(m): 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
stolid:

How much you wan use settle?
I need someone dat passed d second test... No be say I go settle u and I get regret mail afterwards... Once I get success mail den we will discuss on d amt.... I dey serious here...
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
Ds shell dem wicked man.. How can dey send me a regret mail... Ronaldo n Messi are they not part of a team

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Cutehector(m): 8:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
rayikem:
Ds shell dem wicked man.. How can dey send me a regret mail... Ronaldo n Messi are they not part of a team
lmao grin u should hav listend to good advice befor takin d test... Neva rush doin smth.. Just take ur tym befor doin smthand they said u hav one week to take d test, I havnt done my test yet, I am preparin for d data test so as not to fvckup...
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by girlonfire: 8:26pm On Nov 06, 2015
@cutehector i can run it for you.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by girlonfire: 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cutehector:
lmao grin u should hav listend to good advice befor takin d test... Neva rush doin smth.. Just take ur tym befor doin smthand they said u hav one week to take d test, I havnt done my test yet, I am preparin for d data test so as not to fvckup...

I can run it for you.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by karleone(m): 8:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
teelord1:

Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with Shell and taking the time to do the online assessment. We hope you found the experience informative and rewarding.

We regret to inform you that we will not be proceeding you to the next stage. As you are most likely making important career decisions at this time, we wanted to share our decision with you as soon as possible.

If you would like to reapply for any of our student or graduate opportunities, we do ask that you wait at least twelve months before submitting another application. This will give you sufficient time to demonstrate that you have gained additional experience or qualifications.
In an effort to improve our recruitment process, we would be grateful if you would take a few minutes to complete our anonymous Candidate Experience Survey: http://www.spa-surveys.net/sr/gass-en. Your participation is voluntary, but your feedback would be extremely helpful. The research is entirely separate from the recruitment process and would not impact your application in any way. This survey is handled by SPA Future Thinking, an external agency; Shell would not know whether you have participated. You will not be asked to provide any data that will identify you. The information you provide will be collated by SPA with other responses into a consolidated and anonymized report, which will be provided to Shell.
We wish you every success as you launch your career and thank you again for your interest in Shell.

Kind regards,

Shell Recruitment

I still don't understand the meaning of this line in the Shell regret mail, "As you are most likely making important career decisions at this time, we wanted to share our decision with you as soon as possible."

Please, if you did understand that statement, please explain to me. Thanks
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Cutehector(m): 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
girlonfire:
@cutehector i can run it for you.
did u pass yur own?
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by karleone(m): 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
chisupport:
I got my reply about 10 minutes after the test....

Consistency is instrumental in scaling the first level.....Dont give the impression that u are an island or a one-man squad.. let them know that you are a better team player than an individual player.............CONSISTENCY IS KEY, VERY VERY VERY KEY..

I don't think that's solely the criteria for excelling in the test. Almost all my answers were directed towards my team player qualities and the other required qualities, yet I got the REGRET mail.

Well, it's nice writing that kinda test. If all other firms can make their tests online, all this issue of transportation to a far away land will cease.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hi Matilda02....Have you done yours?
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Kenny619: 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
karleone:

I don't think that's solely the criteria for excelling in the test. Almost all my answers were directed towards my team player qualities and the other required qualities, yet I got the REGRET mail.

Well, it's nice writing that kinda test. If all other firms can make their tests online, all this issue of transportation to a far away land will cease.

While being a team player u hve to show u're independent as well.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by yorex2011: 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
karleone:

I still don't understand the meaning of this line in the Shell regret mail, "As you are most likely making important career decisions at this time, we wanted to share our decision with you as soon as possible."

Please, if you did understand that statement, please explain to me. Thanks

Maybe your inconsistency in the questions shows you're not sure of the kind of person you are, be it a leader, follower, team player, dictator, etc hence them saying you're still making an important career decision.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by girlonfire: 9:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cutehector:
did u pass yur own?

Yes I did.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
PrinceRhaeger:
please hiroz, were there situations where a single question had multiple tables and graphs, eg, like a question having a table and a graph combined, or two tables, or two graphs, two pie charts etc? or was it strictly one figure per question?....again, how many questions are used per figure, ie like qstns 1 figure (eg graph) is used to answer qstn 1, 2, 3, 4, then qstn 5 figure is used to answer 5, 6, 7, 8? or is qstn 1 figure just for qstn 1, then qstn 2 figure just for 2 and so on, making 16 different figures?....No mind me and many questions oh..... my head dey, please I' d appreciate ur response deeply.
noo..it was just one graph to a question.. but one graph or chart may be used multiple times,it was average of one figure to about 4 questions..... the thing is in one question like my pie chart,I had to convert to percentage then to number,so some questions require conversion...truth is i dont remember much from the numerical test na my spiritual eye i take do am...just go online and search for shell numerical test so you can practice...
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cutehector:
believe me, I took my time.. Got d mail n just replied today and was careful not to select much positive replies n yet de still said am independent enough
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cutehector:
bros e be like say u go help me run my own online test oooo... Hw fa? smiley
hahaha.baba I can't fit oh...I no get power...I have not yet recovered from my own of yesterday...my head scatter,simple percentage conversion turn wahala.I had to dig deep to fire down and scale through...
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Victosin09(f): 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
Harmvirus:

Your answers should show that you can work in a team and independently sometimes. You shouldn't sound proud and consistency matters
Thanks
sweet
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
yorex2011:

Maybe your inconsistency in the questions shows you're not sure of the kind of person you are, be it a leader, follower, team player, dictator, etc hence them saying you're still making an important career decision.
means u av started making big decisions already... U ain't a graduate dat needs training
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
please guys go online,search for shell numerical test and practice extensively...yesterday I just delved in without any idea in hell of what I was jumping too..the 1st question shake my brain to the core...I just had to remain calm and do the best I could...try to get as many questions as possible right....I only got to question 12 before I timed out but I was sure of like 10 answers...so practice and practice...because if you don't when you enter simple percentage and pie chart conversion go be like advanced calculus...

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by yorex2011: 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
rayikem:
means u av started making big decisions already... U ain't a graduate dat needs training
Not exactly, means you know who you are and what you want, abeg i dunno for them, its just their fancy way of turning people down
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by matilda02(f): 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2015
Trendyprince:
Hi Matilda02....Have you done yours?
lol...yep,i hv..completed all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by nwakaegoabisola(f): 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2015
matilda02:
lol...yep,i hv..completed all

Hello Matilda, I like your spirit!! II have noticed you are on most job threads
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by matilda02(f): 9:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
nwakaegoabisola:

Hello Matilda, I like your spirit!! II have noticed you are on most job threads
grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (74) (Reply)

State Security Service (S.S.S) Is Recruiting. / Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. / NDLEA Recruitment 2023 Official Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.