Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Nairalanders, Please Help! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nairalanders, Please Help! (922 Views)

Nairalanders Please I Need Your Help / All Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid: I Am Dying / Nairalanders, Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Please Help! by QuantAnalyst: 10:26am On Nov 05, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,

I bring my humble self to thee like a child in need would.

After few years of working and studying abroad, I'm finally home. And indeed there is no place like home!

Yes! home is sweet and I am very happy to be back to my love ones, friends, and even foes that I cherish nonetheless.

However, I am writing this in a perturbed state of mind. The reality of unemployment is making me increasingly apprehensive.

I've got skills, experience, and qualifications to magnetize that dream job, but it seems like there is none in the haystack.

This write-up is intent on getting a job through Nairalanders be it directly or indirectly.

I am aware that some Nairalanders are in a position to recruit in their individual organisations. Some are also highly placed in the corporate world and as such have access to privy information that could open employment doors and annihilate the shackles of unemployment in one's life.

So, once again, I bring my humble self to thee as I am in need of a job.

Without spilling much information, I present to us a little about me:

Qualifications: MSc.(Abroad), BSc.(Nigeria).

Discipline: Quantitative.

Work Experience: Financial Analyst (Abroad), and Assistant Accountant (Abroad).

Technical Skills: Excel, VBA, SQL, R, MatLab, Python, Oracle, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.

Other Skills: Numeracy, Analytical, Interpersonal, and Good Communication skills both verbal and oral.

Other information is available upon request including details of my job experience and specific competencies.

All I need is an interview to prove my mettle and I won't disappoint you. Thanks you all.

Moderator: Please do not front page this.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by chocolateme(f): 10:35am On Nov 05, 2015
Nice one. Patience for it will work. But don't wait for the job till it comes. Do other things like self employment
Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by QuantAnalyst: 10:44am On Nov 05, 2015
chocolateme:
Nice one. Patience for it will work. But don't wait for the job till it comes. Do other things like self employment

Thanks chocolateme. Patience is a virtue that I desire, but it's also a luxury that I can't afford right now. I am just like the typical African child that everyone is looking up to. Now you should understand why I'm a bit nervous. About the self employment ish, I'm working on it as well. Thanks, once again.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by CrazyMan(m): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2015
Keep searching, don't give up.

Your CV is quite attractive. I would suggest that you keep forwarding it to HRM of various companies. Hopefully one might just call you for an interview and who knows...you might just land your dream job.

Good luck in your search...

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by QuantAnalyst: 10:58am On Nov 05, 2015
CrazyMan:
Keep searching, don't give up.

Your CV is quite attractive. I would suggest that you keep forwarding it to HRM of various companies. Hopefully one might just call you for an interview and who knows...you might just land your dream job.

Good luck in your search...

Thanks Man. That's what I'm doing right now. I am also contemplating dropping hard copies at offices around Lekki, Ikoyi etc. What say you?
Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by CrazyMan(m): 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
QuantAnalyst:

Thanks Man. That's what I'm doing right now. I am also contemplating dropping hard copies at offices around Lekki, Ikoyi etc. What say you?
Well that would be a good idea...but you can also request to see the HRM as well. Dropping hard copies with receptionists isn't advisable cos it might end up in the trash. Ask for the HRM, introduce yourself and hand it over to him/her. If you're lucky you might get interviewed right there on the spot.

I've seen so many people that got jobs that way.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by QuantAnalyst: 4:30am On Nov 06, 2015
CrazyMan:

Well that would be a good idea...but you can also request to see the HRM as well. Dropping hard copies with receptionists isn't advisable cos it might end up in the trash. Ask for the HRM, introduce yourself and hand it over to him/her. If you're lucky you might get interviewed right there on the spot.

I've seen so many people that got jobs that way.

This sounds nice and interesting. Just wondering how feasible it would be. I will start working on it come next week. Thanks Man.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by christinie(f): 6:21am On Nov 06, 2015
Abroad is where?
Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by QuantAnalyst: 7:09am On Nov 06, 2015
christinie:
Abroad is where?
Ma'am I don't want to reveal much information here on nairaland. Anyways, abroad is west smiley
Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by CrazyMan(m): 10:36am On Nov 06, 2015
QuantAnalyst:

This sounds nice and interesting. Just wondering how feasible it would be.
Just be confident and believe in yourself. What most job seekers fail to realize is that employers need them just as much as they (the job seekers) need the jobs. An experienced employee who can prove beyond every reasonable doubt that he's a problem solver and not a liability is what every prospective employer wants.

QuantAnalyst:

I will start working on it come next week. Thanks Man.
Alright...good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by QuantAnalyst: 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
Thanks for the motivation, and the "good luck wish"....I need it more than ever.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by leo1234(m): 9:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
I will like to know why you came back to Nigeria since you have started working there already.
What advice do you have for those that want to leave Nigeria with the believe that life is better over there?
Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by QuantAnalyst: 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
leo1234:
I will like to know why you came back to Nigeria since you have started working there already.
What advice do you have for those that want to leave Nigeria with the believe that life is better over there?

I would like to use a bottom-up approach to answer your questions.

Firstly, Life is better everywhere if we know what we are doing. At least I know few Nigerians with Yankee and European "pali" that are working and living in Nigeria. These folks are born abroad but prefer to live in Nigeria.

I would advise anyone preparing to leave Nigeria to choose carefully his/her next destination. Most European countries have very strict visa rules that would most certainly make it difficult for African migrants to get a permanent/career job. To buttress my point, the so called "Resident Labour Market Test" in the United kingdom readily comes to mind. On the other hand, going for a master study in Canada will guarantee a post graduation work permit which could lead to permanent residence permit.

I hope you get the drift?

(1) (Reply)

Job Recruitment At Aiico Insurance PLC / 2016 Nigeria Airforce Recruitment Is Out / Meet Abuja Female Mechanic Who Has Survived Against All Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.