Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? (1367 Views)

6 Cheap 4G LTE Phones You Can Buy For Less Than 50k / Motorola Moto G Screen Problem / Finally Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition Has Been Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by Maximum83: 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
The Motorola Moto G is a mid-range 4G LTE device. You know how we roll here at MobilityArena.com. Knowing that subscribers of Smile 4G/LTE would be interested in knowing whether their SIMs work on it like it does with the TECNO Phantom 5
There are three variants of the Moto G:

XT1540 – US market, GSM unlocked
XT1548 – US market, locked to CDMA networks
XT1550 – Indian market, GSM unlocked.

Our model is the XT1540. We inserted the Smile 4G SIM into the phone, adjusted every setting, and got….zilch. It wouldn’t pick a signal.

We can authoritatively tell you that if you have a Smile 4G SIM and you are looking for a smartphone to use it with, the Moto G 2015 is not that phone. None of the available variants support the LTE-800 (20 band) that Smile 4G runs on.

If you want the Moto G for a different reason, it really is a nice phone. Sourcehttp://mobilityarena.com
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by RobinHez(m): 9:14pm On Nov 05, 2015
Do u sell the moto G?
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by Youngpo413: 11:24pm On Nov 05, 2015
Who gives a fuckkkk about 4G sef,Nigerians can't even boast of better 3G talkless of LTE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by Maximum83: 5:16am On Nov 06, 2015
RobinHez:
Do u sell the moto G?
you can get it in Amazon
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by jesbu(m): 8:09am On Nov 06, 2015
The Moto g cdma version will work with smile 4g if you properly configure it.
The moto g GSM version will not work because smile 4g uses cdma technology.
Am working on how to make it work
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by LordReed(m): 10:04am On Nov 06, 2015
If Smile 4G is not licensed for telephony services why would inserting the sim in a phone work?
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by Maximum83: 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
LordReed:
If Smile 4G is not licensed for telephony services why would inserting the sim in a phone work?
It works flawless with phantom 5
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by Frontier2: 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
I learnt smiles 4G is better than spectranet, or which is better among the two?
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by LordReed(m): 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
Maximum83:

Really? And you can make calls?
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by Oladipupo22: 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2015
Maximum83:

The Motorola Moto G is a mid-range 4G LTE device. You know how we roll here at MobilityArena.com. Knowing that subscribers of Smile 4G/LTE would be interested in knowing whether their SIMs work on it like it does with the TECNO Phantom 5
There are three variants of the Moto G:

XT1540 – US market, GSM unlocked
XT1548 – US market, locked to CDMA networks
XT1550 – Indian market, GSM unlocked.

Our model is the XT1540. We inserted the Smile 4G SIM into the phone, adjusted every setting, and got….zilch. It wouldn’t pick a signal.

We can authoritatively tell you that if you have a Smile 4G SIM and you are looking for a smartphone to use it with, the Moto G 2015 is not that phone. None of the available variants support the LTE-800 (20 band) that Smile 4G runs on.

If you want the Moto G for a different reason, it really is a nice phone. Sourcehttp://mobilityarena.com

OP, Please don't just be wasting our time reading trash! If dem like they should be deceived, there are only few phones the smile 4g sim can work on presently in Nigeria and na we sabi the flow....

Ask me after the service...

Lemme pity you and give you a clue...I use a something something 5 phone n grin kwakwakwakwakwakwa

If you get that answer, welcome to the club...
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by OnyeAraNdiIgbo(f): 2:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
Who needs a Motorola G3 when I can flex my Tecno Phantom 5 enjoyably!
let them go and drink acid joor
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by easrael(f): 3:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
Oladipupo22:

OP, Please don't just be wasting our time reading trash! If dem like they should be deceived, there are only few phones the smile 4g sim can work on presently in Nigeria and na we sabi the flow....

Ask me after the service...

Lemme pity you and give you a clue...I use a something something 5 phone n grin kwakwakwakwakwakwa

If you get that answer, welcome to the club...

I'm sure you use the Tecno Phantom 5! Been wanting to ask sef, tell me your honest opinion about the phone, I'm using a Canon C8 at the moment and need an additional phone...
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by BustScam: 3:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
Maximum83:

Are you sure cos I don't want sorry if I pick up one now and I'm stranded o
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by Maximum83: 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2015
BustScam:

Check the review on mobilityarena. It works with phantom 5
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by COMPAQ(m): 11:49pm On Nov 07, 2015
Frontier2:
I learnt smiles 4G is better than spectranet, or which is better among the two?

Smile has been messing up here in Port Harcourt of Re enter.
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by Chukky86: 12:31am On Nov 08, 2015
Smile LTE 4G Is not gsm. Its cdma network. You are trying to use a cdma sim for gsm phone version. How dumb. Get the cdma version of moto G . it will work with smile network.
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by Maximum83: 4:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
Chukky86:
Smile LTE 4G Is not gsm. Its cdma network. You are trying to use a cdma sim for gsm phone version. How dumb. Get the cdma version of moto G . it will work with smile network.
I think u are getting it wrong here. No version of the Motorola Moto G will work with the said network. It's an advantage if your mobile should work with a CDMA network. You can blaze the 4G LTE the smiles 4G offers
Re: Does The Motorola Moto G - 2015 Works With Smiles 4G LTE? by Maximum83: 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
BustScam:

it works

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Facebook / Upcoming The New Samsung Galaxy A7 With 3GB RAM / Innjoo Note Or Note Pro Battery Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.