Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Broken - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Broken (426 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / The Bond That Can Never Be Broken / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Broken by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
I'm sorry I've been MIA for a while, the second episode of Broken is now on on my blog aminatawastories. Here is a little piece of it

BROKEN 2 (WATER ON MY HEAD)
After the reading of the will, the other family members caused a lot of trouble for aunty Kemi and me. All the affection and kisses suddenly stopped and they all looked at me with disdain in their eyes. They hated me. After another month or so, they finally realized that there was nothing they could do, except to challenge the will in court. So, they finally left!
After they left, aunty Kemi and her two sons moved into our mansion. Did I mention that I hated aunty Kemi’s children? They were both older than me, so they saw it as an excuse to bully me. Dare was 12, while Tobi was 14. But, I had nothing to worry about; aunty Kemi was there to protect me from the boys. Few weeks after they moved in, everything was normal and I was finally getting relaxed. My cousins still bullied me, but I saw it has the price of having two elder brothers. I was always on aunty Kemi’s tail, wherever she goes I followed. She was just like a mother to me. She quit her teaching job and opened a large boutique in Lagos. I think you all know it as ‘Clothes and People.’ All these she did with my parents’ money or rather, my money. But I didn’t care; she was my favourite person in the whole world. And, everything was going fine until Madame Joana visited our house.
Madame Joana was aunty Kemi’s scary fat friend, I never liked the woman. Even my cousins seemed to disappear whenever she was around. She spent a year in France, I don’t know what she went there for, but, since she returned she insisted we all call her Madame Joana. She always compared everything to the French lifestyle. Did I mention she had a weird fashion sense? Don’t let me even go there. After all, she was a Frenchwoman....
Continue reading at

https://aminatawastories./2015/11/05/broken-2-water-on-my-head/
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Exfoliation (story) / Mandy's Law Episode 7 / I Just Fumbled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.