Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Hse Beginner - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Hse Beginner (2092 Views)

25 Ways To Make Money Online As A Beginner / Subsea Engineering Easter Training Promo with Free HSE Training & Certification / Offshore Electrical Maintenance Easter Training Promo With Free HSE Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hse Beginner by daisyella: 11:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hi everyone. Pls i'll be very glad if an experienced person can help me out. i'm currently serving and wish to begin a hse programme. So far a lot of organisations are claiming to help corpers with the training and certificates with a discount but the issue now is I don't know which is real as they have different stories. The popular ones I know so far are ispon and osha, should I go for ispon or osha certifications or both? If any, which courses do you recommend cos the oshaacademy guy told me that I don't need hse 1 and 2 as a graduate. thanks
Re: Hse Beginner by daisyella: 10:49am On Nov 06, 2015
embarassed
Re: Hse Beginner by Alarib(m): 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
Firstly....you need to ask yourself if you want a career in Safety. If you just want to have a basic knowledge, which is necessary for most Engineering jobs these days then you can go for beginner courses with ISPON. If its a career you want then you can go further with OSHA and NEBOSH certification courses. Please bear it in mind that not every company is an accredited NEBOSH/OSHA trainer. So decide first...
Re: Hse Beginner by daisyella: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2015
Alarib:
Firstly....you need to ask yourself if you want a career in Safety. If you just want to have a basic knowledge, which is necessary for most Engineering jobs these days then you can go for beginner courses with ISPON. If its a career you want then you can go further with OSHA and NEBOSH certification courses. Please bear it in mind that not every company is an accredited NEBOSH/OSHA trainer. So decide first...
thanks a lot. I studied microbiology actually and yea I want a career in Safety. it was nysc that brought the osha people to our camp here in abuja to lecture us so I guess they r genuine trainers. my question now is if the osha certificate alone will get me a job in nigeria or do I still need ispon to back it up
Re: Hse Beginner by Alarib(m): 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
daisyella:

thanks a lot. I studied microbiology actually and yea I want a career in Safety. it was nysc that brought the osha people to our camp here in abuja to lecture us so I guess they r genuine trainers. my question now is if the osha certificate alone will get me a job in nigeria or do I still need ispon to back it up
I'd say do your ispon first...though truthfully you might not need it to get a job in Nigeria, it still gives you the opportunity be a member of a professional body. The thing with having either osha or nebosh is the company you apply to might be using American or UK safety standards. Osha is american and Nebosh is of UK origin. Many safety professionals try to have both.
Re: Hse Beginner by daisyella: 5:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
Alarib:

I'd say do your ispon first...though truthfully you might not need it to get a job in Nigeria, it still gives you the opportunity be a member of a professional body. The thing with having either osha or nebosh is the company you apply to might be using American or UK safety standards. Osha is american and Nebosh is of UK origin. Many safety professionals try to have both.
Tnx. That was very helpful
Re: Hse Beginner by Alarib(m): 7:10am On Nov 07, 2015
daisyella:

Tnx. That was very helpful
You are welcome ma'am...
Re: Hse Beginner by nawtibownie: 8:49am On Nov 07, 2015
Alarib:
Please, what's the difference between ISPON and OSHA?
Kindly explain the "general Hse" and the level 3 hse.
Re: Hse Beginner by Greatken007(m): 7:01am On Nov 14, 2015
ISPON AND OSHA are qualified HSE trainers but I advise every Nigerian that has HSE in mind to start with ISPON because they are backed by Nigeria constitution, before nw they are called NISP, nigeria Institute of safety Professionals but sometime in May last year a bill was passed and the then president granted them assent and since then we now av what is called ISPON ACT 2014, ISPON is more recognised by Federal government that OSHA and even NEBOSH, but if u av the cash u can do all, HSE pays. ISPON 2015 Annual Conference comes up Wednesday the 18th to Friday 30th of November,

(1) (Reply)

The Military: Artillery, Armour And Infantry / Job / Ways To Survive Office Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.