Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. (31001 Views)

6 Future Smartphone Features That Will Change Everything / See The Price Of The Blackberry Priv Android Handset / Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by loomer: 10:50am On Nov 08, 2015
LordReed:

So phones should be expensive?

Nigerians too change phones like pampers
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
agohmamuda:
I actually fell for those features but I quickly got up and dusted my self.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by free2blast(m): 12:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
Im in love with my Note 4 more.
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by fako1(m): 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
Na person wey never reach another person papa farm land dey sey na him papa get the biggest farmland. OP! please, battery level compare to android is second to none. Blackberry still dey learn, other features inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by Okies27(m): 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
BlackBerry’s First Real Android phone was launched recently and it seems to be a game changer for Blackberry.

The company successfully combined the best features of BlackBerry with the best of Android and best flagship-spec which includes a full QWERTY keyboard, as well as a range of clever additions.

That is awesome.

Android phones have so many interesting features that ensures you don’t get bored while using them but there are some super-cool exceptional things you will definitely love about the new BlackBerry Priv.

It’s close to stock Android: Unlike other manufacturers like HTC, Huawei, LG, Samsung, Sony xiaomi, Meizu etc – BlackBerry didn’t want to change the look and feel of Android too much. It’s a familiar place, looking and behaving like Android, even though there are a range of extras that have been sensitively added in.

Just like Motorola, the company only changed what needs to be changed and sticking to the bits of Android that already work perfectly well.

Pop-up widgets: This is a feature that no one has thought of including before. Instead of dropping widgets onto your home screens, you can have them pop-up from a shortcut icon. Just enable the feature and then a swipe down on the icon will pop the widget up. It keeps things clean and simple on your home screen, and it’s a great addition to Android.

The most interesting part is that it doesn’t need any special widgets – it just uses those that already exist when you install an app. It’s so simple, it’s brilliant – and the idea will probably be stolen before you can say Android 7.0 Nougat.

Keyboard shortcuts: If you’re keen on keeping your home screen clean, you can programme each of the physical keyboard keys to be a shortcut. You simply slide open your handset, long press the key and you’ll be able to assign it to an app. That’s a whole world of shortcuts!

A for Amazon, B for BBC iPlayer, C for Citymapper, D for Docs, E for Expedia, F for Facebook, G for Groupon, H for Hailo, I for Instagram, J for Just Eat, K for Kindle, L for Layout, M for Maps, etc

Battery charging: We’ve all seen the tiny flash icon that appears in the battery when you’re connected to the charger. Or maybe you’ve seen the bubbling battery as it fills with charge. Well Priv uses the edge of it’s curved display to give you charge status at a glance.

When you connect the charger, the draws out around the edge of the display so you can instantly see how charged it is. It changes from red to yellow to green as it goes. It looks really slick. Good job BlackBerry.

BlackBerry Hub: BlackBerry Hub is something that you will easily get addicted to once you start using it. The Hub pulls your Gmail, Calendars, Twitter mentions, your messages together in one place. You can swipe down to peek into your calender for example.

It’s a productive place and BB has stuck to material design, so it fits with the rest of the Android apps you love. Once signed in, you can turn off syncing on your Google accounts for calendar and Gmail, because Hub will do it for you instead.

SOURCE: http://www.naijatecharena.com/blackberry-priv-features-android-users-will-fall-in-love-with/
Doing the same thing different ways and having same result....Rubbish. Save yourself the stress
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by Amack(m): 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2015
Team blackberry from day one.
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by nigeriancuban: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2015
lolz,while bb is working hard to adopt Android features ,the Android engineers are already cooking up something stunning too,well bb can go to hell for all I care though......roching my s5 edge...
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by nigeriancuban: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2015
lolz,while bb is working hard to adopt Android features ,the Android engineers are already cooking up something stunning too,well bb can go to hell for all I care though......rocking my s5 edge...
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by deramarks(f): 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
Thread tooo long to b read was hoping to see a picture of diz particular fone am a black berry fan tho all ma life itz been black berry nd etisalat d two work togeda just like boko haram and bomb shout awt tew ma bb bold five kiss
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by brixx(m): 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
Online business? Check my signature
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
You can get much better android phones for less than $700! Blackberry as a company is officially dead!!!!! They are now so screwed cause i am almost certain this phone will not sell!!!
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
smiley
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by echelons(m): 12:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
Still waiting for the Microsoft Lumia 950 XL. I'm tired of Android already. I need something different and complex.
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by Rilwayne001: 12:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
Pft pfftp pffftp! Team Android cool
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
agohmamuda:
lolzz grin not a fan of blackberry
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by frankblinkz(m): 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
I rooted my andriod phone..tecno s9 and dis wat i get in return...access to youtube,instagram,bbm,whatsapp,infact every browsing stuff u know of and i can watch live matches,bbc news,aljazeera,foriegn movies etc ...Plz for Gods sake,andriod is more better than blackberry....how can they convince me dat bb is more better than andriod..plz my andriod users jst stick to ur andriod phones or get higher andriod phones if u wanna b in d upper class.....bb using stupid ba3 since the begining.
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by sheunsheun(m): 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by centvin008(m): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2015
Special edition tongue tongue

Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by fruityjojo(f): 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
2mp front camera! Useless phone! angry
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by agohmamuda(m): 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
sonofananimal:
lolzz grin not a fan of blackberry

You read my mind brov.
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by tudeyzamani: 1:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
TeamBlackBerry
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
Emeka71:
The rate at which everybody including bus-conductors and market women are carrying android and funny enough is that they don't know how to use android. All they know is to make and recieve calls and maybe play music.
Jus like d day I saw an abokee okada man with phantom Z, I almost went crazy, wanted to walk pass him but cudnt. So I approached and asked some question, I even collect d phone look d spec sef. Ah swear it was phantom Z!!!
Then I asked him if he 2go and whatsapp and he said no. that all he does wth d phone is make call, recieve call play music N watch video. I almost fainted at that point
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by RexTramadol1: 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
ValerianSteel:
I've been waiting for the priv,now it's here and am not disappointed.Though I'm keeping my iPhone as a second phone but I'm sure gonna get the Priv.

Abeg, throw me one of ur small fones lah

Ur third fone go be BB proceeding
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by estherdim: 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
Nonsense phone that in 3yrs, it will drop down to 18k

money i can use, buy laptop of 65k, tablet of 50k, phone of 35k, plus smart watch of 15k

Misplaced priority

Get All type of Timberland Boot, Nike, Adidas, Emporio Armani, Casio Edifice, Smart watches Et all, visit link at signature below
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by Lexusgs430: 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
If it allows root access, I would buy it. And that's my only condition!!!
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by Onyiido: 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2015
agohmamuda:
Never knew we have funny nairalanders like u. Lmao
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by kemfonjay: 2:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
BlackBerry is not meant for all.
Re: Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. by Itee4real(m): 2:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
BlackBerry’s First Real Android phone was launched recently and it seems to be a game changer for Blackberry.

The company successfully combined the best features of BlackBerry with the best of Android and best flagship-spec which includes a full QWERTY keyboard, as well as a range of clever additions.

That is awesome.

Android phones have so many interesting features that ensures you don’t get bored while using them but there are some super-cool exceptional things you will definitely love about the new BlackBerry Priv.

It’s close to stock Android: Unlike other manufacturers like HTC, Huawei, LG, Samsung, Sony xiaomi, Meizu etc – BlackBerry didn’t want to change the look and feel of Android too much. It’s a familiar place, looking and behaving like Android, even though there are a range of extras that have been sensitively added in.

Just like Motorola, the company only changed what needs to be changed and sticking to the bits of Android that already work perfectly well.

Pop-up widgets: This is a feature that no one has thought of including before. Instead of dropping widgets onto your home screens, you can have them pop-up from a shortcut icon. Just enable the feature and then a swipe down on the icon will pop the widget up. It keeps things clean and simple on your home screen, and it’s a great addition to Android.

The most interesting part is that it doesn’t need any special widgets – it just uses those that already exist when you install an app. It’s so simple, it’s brilliant – and the idea will probably be stolen before you can say Android 7.0 Nougat.

Keyboard shortcuts: If you’re keen on keeping your home screen clean, you can programme each of the physical keyboard keys to be a shortcut. You simply slide open your handset, long press the key and you’ll be able to assign it to an app. That’s a whole world of shortcuts!

A for Amazon, B for BBC iPlayer, C for Citymapper, D for Docs, E for Expedia, F for Facebook, G for Groupon, H for Hailo, I for Instagram, J for Just Eat, K for Kindle, L for Layout, M for Maps, etc

Battery charging: We’ve all seen the tiny flash icon that appears in the battery when you’re connected to the charger. Or maybe you’ve seen the bubbling battery as it fills with charge. Well Priv uses the edge of it’s curved display to give you charge status at a glance.

When you connect the charger, the draws out around the edge of the display so you can instantly see how charged it is. It changes from red to yellow to green as it goes. It looks really slick. Good job BlackBerry.

BlackBerry Hub: BlackBerry Hub is something that you will easily get addicted to once you start using it. The Hub pulls your Gmail, Calendars, Twitter mentions, your messages together in one place. You can swipe down to peek into your calender for example.

It’s a productive place and BB has stuck to material design, so it fits with the rest of the Android apps you love. Once signed in, you can turn off syncing on your Google accounts for calendar and Gmail, because Hub will do it for you instead.

SOURCE: http://www.naijatecharena.com/blackberry-priv-features-android-users-will-fall-in-love-with/

Impressive! But what's the battery life like and for how much, bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBM Coming To All Android & Ios Devices Not Just Samsung. / Tips To Unlocking Glo Bolt And Mtn Huawei E303 Usb Modems / Blackberry's Subscriptions & Plans In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.