Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Things The BIBLE Don't Explain - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things The BIBLE Don't Explain (763 Views)

10 Things The Bible Wants U To Know In This Recession Time. / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway / 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things The BIBLE Don't Explain by hilario8898(m): 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2015
- Did God create other human beings apart from Adam &
Eve?

After Adam lay with Eve and they conceived Cain and later Abel, Cain killed Abel due to jealousy, and was then punished by God. He appealed to God that he being a wanderer, anyone who sees him may just kill him, then God placed a mark on him, and if anyone killed him, 7 lives will be taken in return.

Long story short:

Genesis 4:17
" Cain and his wife had a son and named him Enoch, then Cain built a city and named it after his son".

Hold up! Cain and his WIFE! My question now is, who was this woman cain married? How did she come to be? Did God create other human beings apart from Adam & Eve.

I believe to understand the bible, one had to start from the beginning, which is Genesis to know how things came to be.

1 Like

Re: Things The BIBLE Don't Explain by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 07, 2015
Following to learn...
But really I don't want to know again.... Too much to learn in this short time on earth
Re: Things The BIBLE Don't Explain by Richirich713: 4:23pm On Nov 07, 2015
Genesis 5:4 says, "Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters."

The bible was given to the ancient hebrews, they thought in block logic not step logic.

We believe things must be in chronological order but the ancient hebrew didn't, there way of thinking and culture it much different than ours.
Re: Things The BIBLE Don't Explain by hilario8898(m): 6:02pm On Nov 07, 2015
This are some of the reasons atheist keep on being atheist, when answers like this can't be answered.
I guess its another mystery!

2 Likes

Re: Things The BIBLE Don't Explain by CoolUsername: 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2015
Brothers married sisters early on in the bible but for some reason their children didn't end up weak and disease-prone which we know are the problems with inbreeding.
Re: Things The BIBLE Don't Explain by hilario8898(m): 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2015
But cain had long gone, before Seth was born to Adam & eve, and even if such marriage happened, why was reference not made in the bible.
One thing is for sure though, if anyone really needs to find out such answers for themselves, they need to go to the secret archives in the Vatican, I guess all passages cannot be found in the bible.

3 Likes

Re: Things The BIBLE Don't Explain by Richirich713: 7:57pm On Nov 07, 2015
This problem occurs when people read the Bible from a modern western Greek perspective and not from the eastern hebrew perspective.

If I told u the past is in front of us, and the future is behind us, u would think I'm making no sense, but the ancient hebrews saw the past nd future like that.

If I told u a oak tree and a deer is identical, u again wud think I'm making no sense, but the ancient hebrews wud understand me completely.

Different cultures think differently, u can't read the bible thru western thought then still criticize it base on ur understanding.

If atheists don't understand that ,they should not be criticizing the bible, especially if they don't even no the ancient hebrews thought in block logic.

1 Like

Re: Things The BIBLE Don't Explain by dearsly(m): 7:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
Deutronomy 29:29

Re: Things The BIBLE Don't Explain by malvisguy212: 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2015
hilario8898:
- Did God create other human beings apart from Adam &
Eve?

After Adam lay with Eve and they conceived Cain and later Abel, Cain killed Abel due to jealousy, and was then punished by God. He appealed to God that he being a wanderer, anyone who sees him may just kill him, then God placed a mark on him, and if anyone killed him, 7 lives will be taken in return.

Long story short:

Genesis 4:17
" Cain and his wife had a son and named him Enoch, then Cain built a city and named it after his son".

Hold up! Cain and his WIFE! My question now is, who was this woman cain married? How did she come to be? Did God create other human beings apart from Adam & Eve.

I believe to understand the bible, one had to start from the beginning, which is Genesis to know how things came to be.
the bible does not specifically say it only cain and abel was the son of adam,. Although Cain does seem to be the firstborn, the text is not clear that Abel was the second born, but only that he was the second son. Later, the narrative indicates that Adam and Eve produced "other sons and daughters." So, it is possible that Adam
and Eve produced daughters between the births of Cain and Abel. It is also likely that others sons and daughters
were produced after the birth of Abel.
We don't know how old Cain and Abel
were when Cain murdered his brother,
but they seem to be at least young adults, since they are both engage in a
trade. for their living.
Although the period of time between the birth of Cain and the death of Abel is not given in the Bible, it would seem that this period was probably over 100 years, since the birth of Adam's next son, Seth is said to have occurred when Adam was 130 years old. Adam and Eve could have produced many daughters during that period of time.
It is possible cain would have marry one
of this sister.

All of these events happened before the law was given. According to the Apostle Paul,when there is no law, there can be

no violation of the law or sin.
Romans 4:15
for the Law brings about wrath,but where there is no law, there also is no violation.

Romans 5:13
for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

So, since the law against incest was not given until thousands of years later, there was no theological problem with Cain marrying his sister.

1 Like

Re: Things The BIBLE Don't Explain by bytemeister(m): 11:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
the bible does not specifically say it only cain and abel was the son of adam,. Although Cain does seem to be the firstborn, the text is not clear that Abel was the second born, but only that he was the second son. Later, the narrative indicates that Adam and Eve produced "other sons and daughters." So, it is possible that Adam
and Eve produced daughters between the births of Cain and Abel. It is also likely that others sons and daughters
trade. for their living.
Although the period of time between the birth of Cain and the death of Abel is not given in the Bible, it would seem that this period was probably over 100 years, since the birth of Adam's next son, Seth is said to have occurred when Adam was 130 years old. Adam and Eve could have produced many daughters during that period of time.
of this sister.

All of these events happened before the law was given. According to the Apostle Paul,when there is no law, there can be
for the Law brings about wrath,but where there is no law, there also is no violation.

for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

So, since the law against incest was not given until thousands of years later, there was no theological problem with Cain marrying his sister.

they were young adults and both were into TRADING for living?? who do dey sell deir goods to? Siblings?
Re: Things The BIBLE Don't Explain by bytemeister(m): 11:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
trade. for their living.
of this sister.

they were young adults and both were into TRADING for living?? who did dey sell deir goods to? Siblings?
Re: Things The BIBLE Don't Explain by malvisguy212: 12:18am On Nov 08, 2015
bytemeister:

they were young adults and both were into TRADING for living?? who do dey sell deir goods to? Siblings?
trading or not, the fact that they are into farming and the other one sherperd, proved my point.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Are All Fools / Why Should I Trust The Bible? / Does God Have Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.