Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

What Have I Done To This Network? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Have I Done To This Network? (555 Views)

Sorted out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Have I Done To This Network? by purpleblue: 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2015
I am more than irritated and this is the least I can do. Yesterday on my way back from the office inside the busy traffic on western avenue, I decided to call Airtel customer care so I can get the best advise on the data plan to buy, besides I couldn't remember the code for the one I bought last month, i understand it was a promo so I needed help. I spoke with one Yewande who told me to dial *420# which will give me 500mb at the rate of NGN1, 000 and will last for one month. She also gave other options but I was pretty okay with the first option so I thanked her and proceeded right away.
To my greatest surprise, I was offered 1gig and 24mb, thinking it was a promo, I quickly proceeded to checking my balance only for me to discover that 2000 Naira have been deducted. Immediately I called the customer care again and one olusegun picked and I explained everything to him. His response was even more annoying.. he said I dialled the code twice.. I have had the same experience about two months ago I needed data worth a thousand Naira and I was given data worth three thousand Naira.. I did everything possible to have them retrieve the difference and refund my money all to no avail. The annoying part is that you will recieve a message saying the issue has been resolved but everything remains the same.
back to the issue, the guy later told me he has initiated the process of getting the issue resolved and that I Will recieve a message shortly... I didn't recieve any message up till this morning and I had to call customer care again and this time I spoke with one Charles explaining everything to him again, he told me that there was no evidence of any process initiated previously, I was very surprised. I pleaded with him to do something as I was waiting for the issue to be rectified before using out of the data and he promised it will be resolved in17 hours. So I decided to update my company 's Facebook page and the next thing I received a message about 15 minutes later saying I have used up to 75 % of my data.
Right now while typing this I just received another mesaage saying I have used up to 100% of my data. Please is it possible for me to finish 1gig in less than 15 minutes on Facebook doing nothing?
Last month I was smart, I loaded just 1, 000 Naira before requesting for data and I got exactly what I wanted. This rubbish always happen whenever I have thousands of credit on my phone. I am asking Airtel now, are you punishing me because I reported my situation to you? I buy 500mb monthly and can't even finish it before the end of the month because i use it only at home and now 1 gig is gone just while I was waiting for an issue to be resolved. I cannot keep loosing money to this network just like that, 2000 Naira will prepare a nice meal for my family.
I am still going to post this even with the little credit I have in my phone cos I want the world to know. NCC please Come to our rescue and Airtel please refund my money!
I am sure there are many others with a similar story.. please moderator front page will help.... it's it's service to humanity..
Re: What Have I Done To This Network? by hollic11(m): 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
Call NCC on 622 and explain
Re: What Have I Done To This Network? by purpleblue: 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
@Hollic11, many thanks, will do that right away. I didn't remember to add that at the end of the call, my 1,400 credit was also gone together with the entire 1.24gig. It's so so annoying...

(1) (Reply)

The Pyschology Of Rationalization / Web Developer / Travel Business Analyst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.