Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

When To Stop The Use Of Diapers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When To Stop The Use Of Diapers (1273 Views)

Man Beats His Sister For Trying To Stop Him From Cheating On His Wife / How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? / Importance Of Diapers To The Babies, Family & Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When To Stop The Use Of Diapers by topsyspice(f): 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
Happy Sunday to all the nairalanders' beautiful mothers. May we all reap the fruits of our labour (Amen).
Please, I would like to know the best time/age to stop using diapers for babies and the best way to go about it.
Thanking everyone that will respond in advance! smiley

1 Like

Re: When To Stop The Use Of Diapers by naijamomdiary(f): 3:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
As early as the kid starts sitting properly or walking u can start potty training.

Getting them to know the potty is the right place poop or pee is the first step. Few times all them watch u use the loo.

Encourage them to use the potty on their own by rewarding them after using the potty successfully.

Note its a gradual process that might take months to perfect.

1 Like

Re: When To Stop The Use Of Diapers by clintmyboy: 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
as for me I stop use it for first son when he was 2yr 4mont but d second was 2yr and I stop,but before then you start withdrawing it little by little by telling d child if u want wee tell me ,let d child no there is a place for it. I ask my to get rag any time wee in d sitting room, when they are 1yr and they only wear at night and when going out

1 Like

Re: When To Stop The Use Of Diapers by topsyspice(f): 12:35am On Nov 09, 2015
Thank you so much for the responses, I am very grateful.
More responses are welcome!

1 Like

Re: When To Stop The Use Of Diapers by teeboo: 10:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
2yrs is ok,stop for my child at 2yrs and I potty train him,he get use to it quickly as he's old enough to learn

1 Like

Re: When To Stop The Use Of Diapers by Nobody: 4:55am On Nov 12, 2015
I started potty training my children when they reached 14 months old. I started by setting them on potty forc10 mins a few times a day to familiarize them with it. Then after a week set them on it more frequently...upon waking, after meals, before bed. When they were used to this after a couple weeks i began the serious potty training and sat them on potty every 1.5 -2 hrs for 5-10 mins (in addition to upon waking, after meals and before bed). I would be sure not to give anything to drink Pass a certain time in the evening maybe 7 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. to decrease the chance of bed wetting in the night.

I also rewarded successful potty attempts and even if they weren't able to go would often times give some type of reward or encouragement for trying without fussing, whining or getting up to run around and play. The positive reinforcement and not getting worked up helps a lot because it takes the pressure off of the child.

For me starting training early by just letting them become familiar with sitting on the potty helped the most and in no time they were trained.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

IF YOUR Mother Beats The Hell Out Of U @23 And A Graduate.what Would U Do / Neighbour Issues, What Should I Do? / 51 Facts About Trees (the Weird And Wonderful )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.