Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Professional Advice Please!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Professional Advice Please!! (1032 Views)

Advice Please / Java Programming At New Horizon - Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professional Advice Please!! by adehsenior(m): 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hi fellow nairalanders, please I want to learn a database management package which do you advice I learn between Oracle Database and MYSQL Database management packages please.
Good points to support your points please for better clarification.
Thanks
Re: Professional Advice Please!! by ziiiiiiy: 7:39am On Nov 09, 2015
Hi guys pls help me with this: Using an organization of your choice as a system analyst propose a new system design using SDLC
Re: Professional Advice Please!! by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 09, 2015
adehsenior:
Hi fellow nairalanders, please I want to learn a database management package which do you advice I learn between Oracle Database and MYSQL Database management packages please.
Good points to support your points please for better clarification.
Thanks

Morning chief.
Let me tell you what to do. How well do you know ms access? They have a database package that you can start with. At least you need a good knowledge of sql before you even proceed to higher complicated platforms like mysql or oracle db. What have you tried with ODBC and sql statements? Are u a beginner?
Re: Professional Advice Please!! by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 09, 2015
ziiiiiiy:
Hi guys pls help me with this: Using an organization of your choice as a system analyst propose a new system design using SDLC

You asking a question or a request?
Re: Professional Advice Please!! by adehsenior(m): 10:21am On Nov 11, 2015
gimakon:

Morning chief.
Let me tell you what to do. How well do you know ms access? They have a database package that you can start with. At least you need a good knowledge of sql before you even proceed to higher complicated platforms like mysql or oracle db. What have you tried with ODBC and sql statements? Are u a beginner?

Presently am just learning php and I want to dive into Mysql but I really want to know if mysql and Oracle which one will be a better package if one wants to eventually become a database management expert.
Thanks for the advice above.
Re: Professional Advice Please!! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
adehsenior:

Presently am just learning php and I want to dive into Mysql but I really want to know if mysql and Oracle which one will be a better package if one wants to eventually become a database management expert.
Thanks for the advice above.

LAMP (linux Apache mysql Php) shows php blends well with mysql.
Bear in mind that php uses mysqli and pdo to connect to database. And they use prepared statement as well.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

D Gurus Wie Are U? / Please How Do I Block Irritating Pop-ups / Win N500,000 Naira On This Competition Challenge!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.