Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings (8476 Views)

Your Earnings Are Almost Unlimited And Depend On The Time Spent At The Computer. / What You Can Do With $2(#650) In This Economic Reccession / Investors Losing Faith In Buhari's Govt Over Lack Of Economic Direction-bloomber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by Sijo01(f): 8:27am On Nov 09, 2015
Booohari is working. N1 = 1dollar loading cheesy

1 Like

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by permsec: 8:27am On Nov 09, 2015
theV0ice:

What folks were angry and sad about was why Nigeria had to suddenly go broke less than 6 months after enjoying oil at record prices?

How must that make her feel as a world class economic expert? That after regaling us with how wonderful our economy was doing, she had to do a volte face and admit it was all a farce?

One thing you should know is that Leaders must be Optimissitc no matter the conditions surrounding.

About oil price boom, well, it is keen to note that the previous govt really spent money in purchasing heavy arms to clear the menace caused by the BH. Is that the ony thing money was spent on? NO! Our govt both past and present indulge in reckless spendings. I'm not taking side though.
Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by anonimi: 8:29am On Nov 09, 2015
PassingShot:
Nigeria is surely lucky for getting delivered from PDP and GEJ. They messed up our economy.

Not so fast, PassingShit of useless PROPAGANDA to confuse his 200 milion mumu fellow citizens to the benefit of his demonic APC idols.

Nnemuka:
Nigeria Removed From From The List Of Fastest Growing Economies
As at January 2015 Nigeria was 3rd on the list as the fastest growing economy of the world after China and Qatar, but as at September 2015 India, Qatar, China were placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd with Nigeria nowhere to be found anywhere just 8 months after.
Which way Nigeria?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2891305_12019958102075492235472527479227967928686555n_jpga26a859f0b7a627e624ff670826a5884

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2891307_12038163102075492233472472173319829462525063n_jpg1be8e1fee098772d2b0dac2fa3e5b6c4

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by free2ryhme: 8:31am On Nov 09, 2015
The recession is expected...
It was a fall out of poor preparation for this day by the past administration coupled with the fall in Oil Prices.
Still doesn't excuse Buhari if it lingers. He and his team must provide economic direction that will stabilize and eventually lead us out of this doldrums..

1 Like

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by anonimi: 8:34am On Nov 09, 2015
free2ryhme:
The recession is expected...
It was a fall out of poor preparation for this day by the past administration .

Please I take God beg you, if you have limited knowledge about a subject please desist from contributing so you do not encourage disrespect. Ok

FG, States, LGs Share N568.4 Billion for Oct

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/412x247xOkonjo-Iweala-e1442838220305.jpg.pagespeed.ic.nz-K0adxSv.webp[/img]

Also, $1billion was proposed for distribution to complement shortfall in expected revenue." The $1billion is a compromise by the FG over its words in September not to augment shortfalls anymore.

Responding to the presentation, the chairman of the States Commissioners of Finance and Ebonyi State Commissioner of Finance, Mr Timothy Odaah, lamented that the statutory allocation was getting smaller and smaller. "It appears this is the worst in terms of returns. This is the least in allocations as far as this year is concerned. We are mourning the dearth of funds and this is a wakeup call for states and local governments to buoy up their internally generated revenue."

While appreciating the "magnanimity" of President Goodluck Jonathan to approve the $1billion from the excess crude account and to be shared among the federal, state and local governments, Odaah expressed disappointment with the returns made by the NNPC.

He said that [size=14pt]the states had requested for $2bn[/size] to complement for the shortfall in revenue but got only $1billion. In September, Odaah and fellow commissioners had walked out of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) when the federal government said that the framework of the 2013 budget was no longer realistic and it won't augment shortfall in revenue. Odaah raised issues with the statutory allocations of previous months.

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201311150323.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by drss(m): 8:37am On Nov 09, 2015
theV0ice:

Hear what Dr Okonjo Iweala said 5 days after PMB was sworn in

she and other experts had also predicted harsh economic climate for the nation in February, 3 months before PMB was sworn in

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/nigeria-the-poor-are-about-to-get-poorer-experts.108113/

So to every reasonable adult, it's very obvious that most of what we are grappling with today is a carryover from the previous govt. I will not give high marks to the current govt. I am not excited about the seemingly slow pace but you should know that it is only a crooked man that will attribute all the anomalies today to PMB.

hahahahhahaha! cheesy una don dey take Ngozi Okonjo serious now abi? I thought una say she be mad woman? But una never remember say NOI predicted oil price fall since 2012 n her desire to save funds through Soverieng wealth fund n eca when una hero judas ameachi took fg to court over eca n swf? Say make GEJ share d money quick quick instead of saving for rainy day? Enjoy una change.
Anyway buari is a dullaaardd. D zoo is going down.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by theV0ice: 8:37am On Nov 09, 2015
permsec:
One thing you should know is that Leaders must be Optimissitc no matter the conditions surrounding.

About oil price boom, well, it is keen to note that the previous govt really spent money in purchasing heavy arms to clear the menace caused by the BH. Is that the ony thing money was spent on? NO! Our govt both past and present indulge in reckless spendings. I'm not taking side though.

I agree with being optimistic and it's not only about the leaders, even the populace need to be.

However, it's necessary to know where you're coming from so you know how you'll get out of the mess. That i think is what this govt is doing. I will say i'm not impressed with the pace but being slow is better than rushing into disaster.

With honesty of purpose and determination, we will get out of the economic quagmire i firmly believe.
Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by theV0ice: 8:42am On Nov 09, 2015
drss:
hahahahhahaha! cheesy una don dey take Ngozi Okonjo serious now abi? I thought una say she be mad woman? But una never remember say NOI predicted oil price fall since 2012 n her desire to save funds through Soverieng wealth fund n eca when una hero judas ameachi took fg to court over eca n swf?
Anyway buari is a dullaaardd. D zoo is going down.

But the same Ngozi spent months denying there was any problem? was she hallucinating or on drugs then?

You see the problem with you and your ilk is your haste to forget that GEJ was an EXECUTIVE PRESIDENT FOR CHRIST SAKE!!! how can Amaechi usurp his powers?? Do you take orders from your child, junior siblings or girlfriend? He was supposed to be in charge my friend.

How did you think OBJ was able to pay off debts, and still leave substantial savings for Yardua/GEJ? or Didn't they also take him to court? It was by knowing he was president and putting his foot down as the president my friend. an attribute GEJ desperately lacked. even PEJ would have been a stronger president.

Let any gov forum chairman try that nonsense with PMB today.....you'll surely scream he has gone back to being a dictator and i dare say that is what Nigeria needs now....A DICTATOR NOT AFRAID TO TAKE THE VERY HARD AND TOUGH DECISIONS.

1 Like

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by anonimi: 8:43am On Nov 09, 2015
theV0ice:

I agree with being optimistic and it's not only about the leaders, even the populace need to be.

However, it's necessary to know where you're coming from so you know how you'll get out of the mess. That i think is what this govt is doing. I will say i'm not impressed with the pace but being slow is better than rushing into disaster.

With honesty of purpose and determination, we will get out of the economic quagmire i firmly believe.

Chai see rationalisation of a Stockholm Syndrome patient! grin

Anyway no need to panic. CHANGE is here since May 29 when we did away with continuity at Abuja level, not so grin

egift:

I applaud the wisdom in pairing Buhari and Osinbajo.

One General. One Professor. One Nigeria.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2236329_fbimg1426964019374_jpegf0426a8233bbbeb8b2d08838e693f36e

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by ERAKAMUS: 8:43am On Nov 09, 2015
Firefire:
[size=15pt]All the companies blamed negative economic environment (Under Buhary) and global oil price crash (For which Buhary promised to address during his campaign) for their declining performance.

They also cited foreign exchange related losses, post-currency devaluation as well as delayed payments of petroleum products subsidies to downstream operators as leading causes of the bad fortune adding that year end and beyond look bleak in the face of what they call “dull policy moment in the oil and gas sector.”
[/size]

Industries are closing, profit of corporation diminishing as there is no yet economic direction and blueprint six month after this new government.

Can the overrated minister who the president tagged "Noise Makers" help address the challenges ?

Time will tell...
But BUHARI stated it clear that he will Stabilise World Oil Price.

2 Likes

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by Firefire(m): 8:44am On Nov 09, 2015
ERAKAMUS:

And make $1 = 1NGN cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by anonimi: 8:45am On Nov 09, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by theV0ice: 8:45am On Nov 09, 2015
anonimi:

Chai see rationalisation of a Stockholm Syndrome patient! grin

Anyway no need to panic. CHANGE is here since May 29 when we did away with continuity at Abuja level, not so grin

quote author=egift post=33650255]

I applaud the wisdom in pairing Buhari and Osinbajo.

One General. One Professor. One Nigeria.

You're the stockholm syndrome patient my friend.

A man couldn't save the country during time of boom. yet you still believe he could save you when the economy has gone bust?

you need help my friend
Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by theV0ice: 8:46am On Nov 09, 2015
ERAKAMUS:

since you heard him say it, what is stopping your march to Aso rock to demand he does that?

1 Like

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by ERAKAMUS: 8:48am On Nov 09, 2015
grin
Firefire:

And make $1 = 1NGN cheesy
Meanwhile personally I'm still looking for his CERTIFICATE.

2 Likes

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by Firefire(m): 8:50am On Nov 09, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
grin Meanwhile personally I'm still looking for his CERTIFICATE.

Please stop looking for his certificate, it can no longer be found.

Even his phone number, he cannot remember. - GEJ embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by drss(m): 8:57am On Nov 09, 2015
theV0ice:

But the same Ngozi spent months denying there was any problem? was she hallucinating or on drugs then?

You see the problem with you and your ilk is your haste to forget that GEJ was an EXECUTIVE PRESIDENT FOR CHRIST SAKE!!! how can Amaechi usurp his powers?? Do you take orders from your child, junior siblings or girlfriend? He was supposed to be in charge my friend.

How did you think OBJ was able to pay off debts, and still leave substantial savings for Yardua/GEJ? or Didn't they also take him to court? It was by knowing he was president and putting his foot down as the president my friend. an attribute GEJ desperately lacked. even PEJ would have been a stronger president.

Let any gov forum chairman try that nonsense with PMB today.....you'll surely scream he has gone back to being a dictator and i dare say that is what Nigeria needs now....A DICTATOR NOT AFRAID TO TAKE THE VERY HARD AND TOUGH DECISIONS.
i no blame una. Too much military rule don destroy una psychy sotay una no know d right tin. Judas ameachi through him gang of Governors took GEJ to court dat eca was illegal n dat all monies must be shared. Una support am well well. Una say GEJ wan save d money chop am. GEJ gave una d money. Then gbam! Oil price fall! una con dey blame GEJ for depleting eca sake of say GEJ na democrat way respect d rule of law.
Ok make we see wat una beloved Dictator will do to salvage d Zoorian economy since una say dictator like buari no dey tolerate nonsence.
Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by theV0ice: 9:10am On Nov 09, 2015
drss:
i no blame una. Too much military rule don destroy una psychy sotay una no know d right tin. Judas ameachi through him gang of Governors took GEJ to court dat eca was illegal n dat all monies must be shared. Una support am well well. Una say GEJ wan save d money chop am. GEJ gave una d money. Then gbam! Oil price fall! una con dey blame GEJ for depleting eca sake of say GEJ na democrat way respect d rule of law.
Ok make we see wat una beloved Dictator will do to salvage d Zoorian economy since una say dictator like buari no dey tolerate nonsence.

I no blame una too at all after all GEJ was able to convince you that stealing isn't corruption so since he saw nothing wrong in spending the ECA anyhow he wanted without recourse to the law, Amaechi and co too didn't want to miss out on the windfall.

What did GEJ save? How much did he meet in the Excess crude account? how much did he leave there?

See Soludo your brother ripping him apart on this issue

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/176097-soludo-replies-okonjo-iweala-accuses-her-of-forging-national-economics-statistics.html
Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by 400billionman: 9:37am On Nov 09, 2015
PassingShot:
Nigeria is surely lucky for getting delivered from PDP and GEJ. They messed up our economy.

You are sounding funny. 6 months is long enough. Corporates declare results every 3 months to ascertain performance. Yet you dont wanna rate Buhari after 6 months..

This government doesnt like taking responsibility. I am not a messenger of doom. But check history. Their performance will worsen.
Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by jonuel1(m): 9:40am On Nov 09, 2015
theV0ice:

Hear what Dr Okonjo Iweala said 5 days after PMB was sworn in

she and other experts had also predicted harsh economic climate for the nation in February, 3 months before PMB was sworn in

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/nigeria-the-poor-are-about-to-get-poorer-experts.108113/

So to every reasonable adult, it's very obvious that most of what we are grappling with today is a carryover from the previous govt. I will not give high marks to the current govt. I am not excited about the seemingly slow pace but you should know that it is only a crooked man that will attribute all the anomalies today to PMB.

This got me thinking if you are mentally sound. "it is only a crooked man that will attribute all the anomalies today to PMB." You want to exonerate PMB but crucify GEJ for our present woes? If NOI had predicted harsh times what is our president supposed to have done before manning his position?
He (PMB) is also to be blamed.
Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by theV0ice: 9:46am On Nov 09, 2015
jonuel1:

This got me thinking if you are mentally sound. "it is only a crooked man that will attribute all the anomalies today to PMB." You want to exonerate PMB but crucify GEJ for our present woes? If NOI had predicted harsh times what is our president supposed to have done before manning his position?
He (PMB) is also to be blamed.

This your write up didn't get me thinking you're a slowpoke. It clearly proves you're a slowpoke with an empty shell devoid of grey matter resting on your neck.

If you come into a house and you meet it dirty and falling apart, whom should we blame? you the new tenant or the old tenant too dumb and wicked to keep a domicile neat and safe?

If we don't blame gej, whom should we blame?

In case you're too shallow to know it, we will only start blaming you the new tenant if you refuse to start the house cleaning and i'm not happy with PMB because in my estimation, the cleaning and reorganization is proceeding slowly
Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:52am On Nov 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Aren't you tired of this silly line...Even when the article clearly said;
All the companies blamed negative economic environment and global oil price crash for their declining performance. They also cited foreign exchange related losses, post-currency devaluation as well as delayed payments of petroleum products subsidies to downstream operators as leading causes of the bad fortune adding that year end and beyond look bleak in the face of what they call “dull policy moment in the oil and gas sector.”

Aside global oil crash, aren't all the above product of buhari's ineptitude?... And you pathetic folks accuse people of being bitter and not getting over election, why it is you silly folks who are stuck there...Seeking excuses and victims to slander for your failure...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by badman007(m): 10:55am On Nov 09, 2015
In 1914 the white colonial masters forced us to come together to form Nigeria. Without complain we did stay together and built the biggest economy in Africa. Now the world looks up to Nigeria to improve and move Africa forward but no, they can't have these monkeys becoming so powerful, so what do they do?
They set an expiry date for us and then throw a bomb in our midst by empowering some senseless people to do their dirty work.. when are we ever going to learn? When are we truly going to be free? God bless Nigeria
Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by authority2006(m): 11:24am On Nov 09, 2015
OldJohn:

This story is getting stale.... try something else undecided
Personally, I think we need to keep reminding you and other PDP members and sympathisers for the next 16 years. It will be injustice to forget what PDP did to this country, especially in the last five years. You can't simply wish it goes away just like that. Okonjo Iweala herself said that subsidy claims was fraud, people who didn't import a drop of fuel were claiming subsidy and she was still paying them. Today, the story has changed, even though the fg is still paying that subsidy. Towards the end of last administration, according to Okonjo, they were already borrowing to pay workers salary. Today the story has changed but the price of oil is still the same. Before GEJ left office, a litter of petrol was N250, today it is not even up to the half of that price. I will choose this administration style countless of time over any PDP method of ruling.
Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by SeverusSnape(m): 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
PassingShot:

May 29th 2015 to November 9th 2015 is "more than six months" in the books of perpetual wailers. grin

I am enlightened and advanced enough to understand that 90% of the bad news we read about our economy now is a result of bad decisions of many years before now.

We're talking of a GEJ's regime that couldn't even afford to pay workers salaries in March and April this year without resorting to loans, despite earning unequalled billions in dollars during that period. We're talking of a govt of stealing not corruption; a govt whose finance minister announced in April 2015 that hard times awaited the country after having lied to us before that our economy was next best thing to happen in the history of Nigeria.

Thank God we refused to be fooled. No amount of wailing will make PMB fail.
That foolish he goat called B00HARI will fail. Even aallah won't help him. Please keep blaming GEJ, please don't stop. In fact, I like it. Fool...
Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by SeverusSnape(m): 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2015
OldJohn:

This story is getting stale.... try something else undecided
I will keep saying it till tomorrow so that every Nairalander will know; PassingShot is a paid poster, He's paid by APC to keep on blaming the previous administration for the failures of the present one. Anyways, the scales are falling off the eyes of some of their zombies.
Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by IVORY2009(m): 5:25am On Nov 10, 2015
SeverusSnape:

I will keep saying it till tomorrow so that every Nairalander will know; PassingShot is a paid poster, He's paid by APC to keep on blaming the previous administration for the failures of the present one. Anyways, the scales are falling off the eyes of some of their zombies.

paid poster?? I hate paid posters, if u can proof it, furstration awaits him/her " passingshot" dat is d name....
Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by PassingShot(m): 6:13am On Nov 10, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Though I have found a way to ignore you and your fellow nincompoops most of the time but can you substantiate your sustained claim that I am a paid poster?
Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by SeverusSnape(m): 9:03am On Nov 10, 2015
PassingShot:

Though I have found a way to ignore you and your fellow nincompoops most of the time but can you substantiate your sustained claim that I am a paid poster?
Hey!... It's very obvious from your posts. Even when your fellow zombies are questioning some decisions of the dull'ard, you will still be like "It's Jonathan's fault". Seriously, you're funny. Only a paid poster would behave the way you do.

PassingShot the paid poster grin cheesy
Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by IVORY2009(m): 10:34am On Nov 10, 2015
PassingShot:

Re: Harsh Economic Environment Crashes Corporate Earnings by Jababy3135(m): 10:35am On Nov 10, 2015
In the world today, there are two sectors that can never run out of business: Transportation and Construction. In addition, these two sectors generate funds on a daily basis especially in densely populated areas like Lagos State, there is no want for customers rather than the need for more supply of commercial buses and trucks.

Dacap Global Resources, a registered company, is giving investors the opportunity to cruise in the passengers seat and reap the profit of such a rapid growing sector while bearing no risk at all.

These sectors just like the oil and gas sectors are the most lucrative in terms of funds but require the most care and attention in terms of maintenance and operations. Continue for more details after the cut...

Just as most multinational oil and gas companies have adopted the safest means of operation and maintenance, we in Dacap Global Resources have adopted the most efficient and safest way in the transportation and construction sector as well. Based on experience and in-depth knowledge of the business we have tackled the so-called Goliath challenges in the sector by adopting high maintenance and servicing operations as well as trustworthy and well known drivers with modern tracking devices.

We are offering our investors 5% return on investment (ROI) monthly profiting using two plans yielding 50% in 10 months (short term) and 90% in 2 years (long term) as shown below.
COMMERCIAL BUS OFFER: Investment range(N): Btw 300k-800k
Duration of offer: 10 months
Monthly profiting: 5% ROI
Total profiting: 50% profit

DUMP TRUCK OFFER: Investment range(N): 800k- 5M Duration of offer: 15mnths- 2yrs
Monthly profiting: 5% ROI
Total profiting: 60%-90% profit

For a more detailed proposal or questions please contact:
CALL: 08037728240, 07012347345
EMAIL: chidibassey@yahoo.com
About DACAP GLOBAL RESOURCES

Dacap Global Resources (DGR) is a dynamic company formed by a group of experienced
logistics professionals, leaders in providing specialized business solutions that improve quality productivity and safety. We help customers navigate an increasingly regulated world. Our technical partner is OHILOCK UNIVERSAL LTD.

OFFICE ADDRESS:
Registered office address: 24 Addo Road, Ajah , Lagos.
Operational site address: Ilaje Dump-site by Ilaje B/stop ,Ajah Lagos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5bedroom Architectural Bungalow Design For One Plot Of Land / Who Is Your Customer? [What Every Entrepreneur Need To Know] / Daar Communication Dividend Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.