Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

How to know you're a foodie. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How to know you're a foodie. (1250 Views)

"If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady / If You Don't Have This Type Of Aunty In Your Family, Then You're Missing Alot / If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to know you're a foodie. by Slimolobe: 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2015
 You can’t remember the last time you forgot to eat. You’ve forgotten your wife or your brother’s birthday once or twice but you just never seem to forget to eat.
 On several occasions, you discovered minute particles in your meal while your friends eat the same meal without noticing there’s a rock as big as Aso rock in the same meal.
 Have you found yourself spending more than 5 minutes explaining your order to a waiter at a restaurant or a server at a party?
 Do you spend more than 10 minutes eating?
 Your instagram, facebook, and other social media platforms are littered with more pictures of your breakfast, lunch or dinner than friends and family. Your nephew is cute and all but you’d rather show off that sumptuous yam and egg you prepared in the morning.
 When you feel emotionally depressed, you often find yourself eating yourself out of depression. Eating always seems to be your way out of every negative emotional impact.
 He doesn’t look like a “boyfriend material”, but you don’t mind going on a date with him because of the free lunch or dinner involved.
 You’re invited to a place and your first response is “shey food dey?” and you mean it.
 You’re about to walk into an apartment and you already know they haven’t added salt to what they’re cooking while still at the door.
 You’re asked to write an essay about your mother and we’re already reading about how much of a great cook she is on the first paragraph.
 You walk into a bank to register for your BVN but you leave immediately because there are about 15 people on the queue but you don’t mind spending 6 hours on a queue at mama Toyin’s restaurant to eat Amala and Ewedu.
 Your friend trips, falls and hit her head on the floor, you burst out laughing but you cannot get over that bowl of pounded yam and egusi that fell face down 2 weeks ago. You’ve been depressed ever since.
 You have found yourself arguing in defense of the motion that says “An ugly wife who can cook is way better than a beautiful wife who can’t.
Add yours.
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by MrHighSea: 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2015
I dn die. Team fufu n fresh afang soup with goat meat n palmie within arms reach delivered by 'eve'.

1 Like

Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 09, 2015
I don't do most of these things but i'm still a foodie to a reasonable extent lol!
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Slimolobe: 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
MrHighSea:
I dn die. Team fufu n fresh afang soup with goat meat n palmie within arms reach delivered by 'eve'.
You're the real MvP. When was the last time you blessed your stomach with this?
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by MrHighSea: 3:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
Slimolobe:
You're the real MvP. When was the last time you blessed your stomach with this?
Lunch hours 5 tyms a wk. Join me.
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Slimolobe: 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2015
Brandnew2:
I don't do most of these things but i'm still a foodie to a reasonable extent lol!
So what makes you think you're a foodie?
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by ifyalways(f): 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
MrHighSea:
Ah ah grin

I once missed my local flight cos I was eating afang and semo @ one calabar kitchen off Toyin street.

@ Topic, I'm an unrepentant foodie.

2 Likes

Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
Slimolobe:
So what makes you think you're a foodie?

This is what makes me a foodie. grin

• I make sure I taste all the food in the party menu if I'm allowed to do so. cheesy

•You usually sit close to where the servers are and even make friends with some of them in anticipation.

•You finish a big loaf of Agege bread while still belching you're already eyeing the Indomie and egg in your kitchen.

•You weigh at least 80kg. How else do you show that you've been eating beyond a regular meal.

•You just can't walk past a barbecue spot without promising yourself a treat on your way back.

•You finish a whole chicken and then you still want more.

•You won't spare the fried meat that is meant for your Egusi soup. You've already eaten 8 pieces out of the 10 that is meant to be in your soup.

•You immediately feel hunger pangs as soon as you take the last scoop of appetisers at the party and then you want to start a whole round of cuisines all over again.

*You're always dreaming of having a 21 piece KFC bucket.

I had to post it on my blog lol! www.gidilink..com/2015/11/for-food-only.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: How to know you're a foodie. by MrHighSea: 4:22pm On Nov 09, 2015
ifyalways:

Ah ah grin

I once missed my local flight cos I was eating afang and semo @ one calabar kitchen off Toyin street.

hahahahahahahaha. Hahahahahahaha. #wipes comic tears from eyes. Muahahaha. Include this in your Autobiography. Mehnnn, I lyk ds guy, eat well jorrr.
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Slimolobe: 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
ifyalways:

Ah ah grin

LMAO!!! Who does that? You should be crowned the greatest foodie of all times.
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by MrHighSea: 4:27pm On Nov 09, 2015
@Ifyalways, sorry, i tot ur male. Ahia azu fridge-market fish fridge? (mayb d fridge z a fish market)
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Slimolobe: 4:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
Brandnew2:

• I make sure I taste all the food in the party menu if I'm allowed to do so. cheesy

•You usually sit close to where the servers are and even make friends with some of them in anticipation.

•You finish a big loaf of Agege bread while still belching you're already eyeing the Indomie and egg in your kitchen.

•You weigh at least 80kg. How else do you show that you've been eating beyond a regular meal.

•You just can't walk past a barbecue spot without promising yourself a treat on your way back.

•You won't spare the fried meat that is meant for your Egusi soup. You've already eaten 8 pieces out of the 10 that is meant to be in your soup.

•You immediately feel hunger pangs as soon as you take the last scoop of appetisers at the party and then you want to start a whole round of cuisines all over again.

[quote author=ifyalways post=39843699]
Ah ah grin
ha ha ha your foodieness is supernatural. let's see what this does to you.

Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Slimolobe: 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
MrHighSea:
Lunch hours 5 tyms a wk. Join me.
Oh really? you must be as big as a whale then.
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2015
[quote author=Slimolobe post=39844492][/quote]
The 10 minute rule doesn't apply to this one o!

I go devour am in just 5 minutes lol!
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Slimolobe: 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
Brandnew2:

The 10 minute rule doesn't apply to this one o!

I go devour am in just 5 minutes lol!
lol. Tell me you want to have a taste.
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by MrHighSea: 4:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
Slimolobe:
Oh really? you must be as big as a whale then.
Whale! Na no no. Just height n agility. But i lyk food. God, thank you for creating food esp porridge unripe plantain, porridge yam, 'afia efere ebot', jellof rice and 3 fried egg and Yanni+Enya. At tyms i wonder, After sweating thru out d day, wat else?
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Slimolobe: 4:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
MrHighSea:
Whale! Na no no. Just height n agility. But i lyk food. God, thank you for creating food esp porridge unripe plantain, porridge yam, 'afia efere ebot', jellof rice and 3 fried egg and Yanni+Enya. At tyms i wonder, After sweating thru out d day, wat else?
Hope your wife is aware she's feeding a whole local government area in adamawa state.lol cos i can imagine having somebody like you as a husband.
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2015
Slimolobe:
lol. Tell me you want to have a taste.
I'm coming to Jibowu right away. grin
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Slimolobe: 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
Brandnew2:

I'm coming to Jibowu right away. grin
Lol. You don't have to come down, it's what we do at slim Olobe's kitchen. We are here for foodies like you. We prepare meals strictly on request and we deliver to you anywhere here in Lagos.
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Slimolobe: 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2015
Slimolobe:
Lol. You don't have to come down, it's what we do at slim Olobe's kitchen. We are here for foodies like you. We prepare meals strictly on request and we deliver to you anywhere here in Lagos.
Check www.slimolobe.com for further clarifications.
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
Slimolobe:
I like to be involved in cooking the food I eat.

That again is why I'm a foodie. cheesy
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by TV01(m): 5:45pm On Nov 09, 2015
...maybe it's different idiomatic usage, but the way the term "foodie" is being used here conflates it with the term glutton

Foodie = loves food, glutton = loves eating!

TV
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Stillfire: 7:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
Brandnew2:

You immediately feel hunger pangs as soon as you take the last scoop of appetisers at the party and then you want to start a whole round of cuisines all over again.

I had to post it on my blog lol! www.gidilink..com/2015/11/for-food-only.html?m=1

Lolllllll. I try to skip appetizers, if I don't I cannot eat or finish my main dish. So no appetizers for me. grin
Re: How to know you're a foodie. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
Stillfire:

Lolllllll. I try to skip appetizers, if I don't I cannot eat or finish my main dish. So no appetizers for me. grin
It even makes me crave for more food. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Dangers Of Living With Bed Bugs / Man Grow Breast After Having Sex With Friend Wife (photo) / Some Family Fact And What Make A Family Happy And Lively For Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.