Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

R.I.P! Balogun Of Ibadan Dies At 91 - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / R.I.P! Balogun Of Ibadan Dies At 91 (797 Views)

You Are Wearing Fake Crowns- Olubadan Tells 21 Newly Crowned Kings Of Ibadan / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB / Next In Olubadan’s Succession Queue Dies At 91 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

R.I.P! Balogun Of Ibadan Dies At 91 by kingjizzy2(m): 4:46pm On Nov 09, 2015
R.I.P! Balogun Of Ibadan Dies At 91

The Balogun of Ibadan land, Chief Sulaimon Adegboyega Alao Omiyale, is dead.

91-year-old Omiyale died on the evening of Saturday, November 7, 2015, at the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, according to reports.

The late traditional ruler, who was the second-in-command to the Olubadan, was buried on Sunday, November 8, in accordance with Muslim rites.

The funeral service was conducted by the Chief Imam of Ibadan, Sheikh Abdul-Ganiyy Abubakri Agbotomokekere, The Nation reports.

Prominent persons who attended Omiyale’s funeral were former Oyo State Governor, Adebayo Alao-Akala and Chief Lekan Balogun among others.
Re: R.I.P! Balogun Of Ibadan Dies At 91 by Copee: 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
RIP
Re: R.I.P! Balogun Of Ibadan Dies At 91 by nikkiking(m): 4:49pm On Nov 09, 2015
Pishure
Re: R.I.P! Balogun Of Ibadan Dies At 91 by Noloss(f): 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2015
May give d family d fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: R.I.P! Balogun Of Ibadan Dies At 91 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2015
Noloss:
May give d family d fortitude to bear the loss.

Babes, which nonsense fortitude again at 91?

Reminds me of Phemmy007's grandfather who got ill but recuperated and while narrating the ordeal to his kids said, 'Olorun lo ma yo mi' at 90+. cheesy
Re: R.I.P! Balogun Of Ibadan Dies At 91 by ipreach: 4:59pm On Nov 09, 2015
RIP
FP things
Re: R.I.P! Balogun Of Ibadan Dies At 91 by Noloss(f): 5:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
9jacrip:

Babes, which nonsense fortitude again at 91?

Reminds me off Phemmy007's grandfather who got ill but recuperated and while narrating the ordeal to his kids said, 'Olorun lo ma yo mi' at 90+. cheesy

Believe it or not, he's feeling a vacum in his family n will be missed by some members of his family though aged enough to die.
Re: R.I.P! Balogun Of Ibadan Dies At 91 by estherdim: 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
just wondering hw methuselah was able to survive More dan 900 yrs

a mystery indeed

Get All type of Timberland Boot, Nike, Adidas, Emporio Armani, Casio Edifice, Smart watches Et all, visit link at signature below
Re: R.I.P! Balogun Of Ibadan Dies At 91 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
Noloss:

Believe it or not, he's feeling a vaccum in his family n will be missed by some members of his family though aged enough to die.

Yes and Yes.

But needing 'fortitude' as though his age isn't ripe enough is what I do not necessarily agree with.

It is a type of death whereby his 'life' will be celebrated. I expect the news passed on with smiles on faces.
Re: R.I.P! Balogun Of Ibadan Dies At 91 by Noloss(f): 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2015
9jacrip:

Yes and Yes.

But needing 'fortitude' as though his age isn't ripe enough is what I do not necessarily agree with.

It is a type of death where is 'life' will be celebrated. I expect the news passed on with smiles on faces.

U're right anyway. It is celebration of life

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Great People From Anambra State / White People Are So Hardworking / Em How To Cook Nigeria Mai Mai Ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.